Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    It's really frustrating how far ahead of us Boston is (not talking ability necessarily, more situation). Their big 3 is easily on par with us (possibly better) and it's also younger than ours is. Their prospects are much higher end. We have a few guys who look like they could be nice (Siakam, Poeltl, Anunoby in aparticular) but Brown and Tatum look like future stars and they have a number of guys who are at least gonna be solid rotation players in the league (Rozier, Smart, etc). Not to mention they have all their picks and then some, a young coach who's got to be one of the top 5 minds in the game right now on both ends and a superior ability to attract free agents and stars.
    Great game which the Chowders won by one point...If DD’s shot goes in we are not talking about this to the degree that is being examined. But it didn’t.

A few things I am dead ass wrong on in the OP..
    - defense...the Celts play damn good high energy defense and that’s not going away
    - Tatum is ..even as a rookie...a serious contributor right now...
    - The Chowders can rebound far better than predicted

The Raps are trailing the Lepraturds by 4 games .....but it’s a long season. Assigning the Raps to the scrap heap after a one point road loss is a little premature and an over reaction similarly to one which would have anointed the Chowderheads as fakes if Derozan shot rattled in.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Nov 13, 2017, 11:13 AM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• No Kyrie, Gordon, first game back from Horford.. should've won by the end of 3rd. Watching the team I don't see any sustained focus throughout the year, the starters are shouting and pouting like they deserve something while the bench is bumping and scrapping like it's game 7 of the finals.

I don't know about y'all but the more I watch the more my 'tanking' standpoint from the summer looks legit. The youngins are better than many thought while the starters are running on a treadmill.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
        No Kyrie, Gordon, first game back from Horford.. should've won by the end of 3rd. Watching the team I don't see any sustained focus throughout the year, the starters are shouting and pouting like they deserve something while the bench is bumping and scrapping like it's game 7 of the finals.

I don't know about y'all but the more I watch the more my 'tanking' standpoint from the summer looks legit. The youngins are better than many thought while the starters are running on a treadmill.
        Tank for RJ. We failed our son Wiggins we can't fail Barrett
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          I was wondering when you would re appear after having your nose tapped with a rolled up newspaper.
          Your tack was predominately about the lack of depth on the Raptors.
          And here you are..playing the role of silly bugger and grin fucker as if it was written for you talking up the Chowderheads depth.

Your pal, Demo.
          Hey, I love that you were thinking about me this whole time, but why so sensitive? The season is still very young, don't give up yet!
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

No Kyrie, Gordon, first game back from Horford.. should've won by the end of 3rd. Watching the team I don't see any sustained focus throughout the year, the starters are shouting and pouting like they deserve something while the bench is bumping and scrapping like it's game 7 of the finals.

Well yeah. If we weren't gonna pay the tax through the nose to try to load up the roster and really go for it, then we should've let Lowry and Ibaka walk and traded DeRozan. It's not like Kyle and Ibaka really have much trade value anyway, especially on their new deals. I can't think of a team that would want Lowry and Ibaka's value is like negative. Just get what you can for DeMar and JV and rebuild around the picks, while tanking for high picks in 2018 and 2019 at least.

That's the option I would've preferred, but we're stuck in the middle ground now. Just like Leiweke said he absolutely didn't want to be in when he was here. It's not 7-11 because we're in the east, but in the west that's exactly where we'd be floundering in.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Tank for RJ. We failed our son Wiggins we can't fail Barrett
              What is scary is that Boston might have Sacremento's first round pick in RJ's draft year. If Boston gets Barrett it will be a kick in the nuts.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                What is scary is that Boston might have Sacremento's first round pick in RJ's draft year. If Boston gets Barrett it will be a kick in the nuts.
                It would suck. But why would they need Barrett. They have Tatum, Brown and Hayward.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                  Hey, I love that you were thinking about me this whole time, but why so sensitive? The season is still very young, don't give up yet!
                  Hey... your welcome ....

The monk and rex who I disagree with stay on point and have the courage of their convictions.

Smarmy guys such as yourself who have no firm point of view, play the role of an aggrieved victim when challenged and are always available to show up after the fact with an I told you so comment are another matter entirely....stand for nothing but snipe at those who do... an empty suit.

Guys like you are what inspire two - five - ten and a game...

Your pal, Demo.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Nov 13, 2017, 12:11 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

don't break you ankles jumping on and off the bandwagon over the long long season eh ?
                    - TGO

Comment

don't break you ankles jumping on and off the bandwagon over the long long season eh ?
                      What bandwagon? I've been in rebuild mode since game 1 against milwaukee.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Just when I thought I couldn't hate the Celtic's anymore than I already do...

Comment

What bandwagon? I've been in rebuild mode since game 1 against milwaukee.
                          Of course you have...
                          - TGO

Comment

Ah yeah because anyone who doesn't agree with the direction of the team is a bandwagon fan.

Comment

Of course you have...
                              I've created threads about y'alls arguments AGAINST a rebuild...trade scenarios for a rebuild... Go back and check if you want.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Oh, my point isn't that regular season wins are always non-predictive, just that they are not always predictive. So maybe BOS is indeed a 64 win team, and maybe they are the best defensive team since the 2012 Chicago Bulls (who managed a 0.1 point better DRTG than the current Celtics). I don't think they are, and I don't think making conclusions about them in early November gets you anywhere.

I agree I am impressed by Brown and Tatum (though not shocked, heck I have both players on my RR dynasty fantasy team), and it's amazing the rate at which that team is defending and winning right now. Right now being the key part of that. Heck, I watch the Raps night in and night out and am careful to leap to conclusions this early in the season. So I'm definitely not going to take anything at face value elsewhere in the league when I've only caught a handful of non-Raptors games.
                                Boston has also just steamrolled through a really soft spot in their schedule (sorry if this has been mentioned already, I just started reading today and don't plan on sifting through all the sky-is-falling posts). My biggest takeaway from the early part of the season is the Celtics have built their team the way we all dream of building the Raptors, and it's working. Sometimes you draft guys who contribute right away, other times you take a risk on a more raw player and hope for the best. They did a bit both here with Brown last year and Tatum this year, and it is really paying off. They hit a very unexpected bump in the road with Hayward but they had collected enough prospects over the past few years to sustain the competition.

And they have really solid coaching.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X