Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Chuck says it best
    I love the way we're playing right now and I'm happy Chuck favours us but to me Shaq said it best. "They always play well during the regular season". Now THAT'S the truth. Until this team proves they can play just as good in the playoffs as they do in the regular season it's hard to be very confident in them. But I guess the same can be said about Boston as well. They have to prove it first too because this is a completely different team and they're very young. If Kyle and Demar fall off like they always do or play historically bad again we aren't getting out the first round much less beat Boston. For now I'm just going to continue to enjoy this season and hope for the best come playoff time.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      I love the way we're playing right now and I'm happy Chuck favours us but to me Shaq said it best. "They always play well during the regular season". Now THAT'S the truth. Until this team proves they can play just as good in the playoffs as they do in the regular season it's hard to be very confident in them. But I guess the same can be said about Boston as well. They have to prove it first too because this is a completely different team and they're very young. If Kyle and Demar fall off like they always do or play historically bad again we aren't getting out the first round much less beat Boston. For now I'm just going to continue to enjoy this season and hope for the best come playoff time.
      Celtics play bad in the playoffs too. With how bad they play they still have the most wins after Cleveland/Warriors in the last couple years. Not worried about Deebo in the playoffs. His play has gotten better each year in the playoffs. I see that trend continuing. Deebo always get better with more experience. Lowry is the one im worried about.
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Nov 22, 2017, 04:35 AM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Celtics play bad in the playoffs too. With how bad they play they still have the most wins after Cleveland/Warriors in the last couple years. Not worried about Deebo in the playoffs. His play has gotten better each year in the playoffs. I see that trend continuing. Deebo always get better with more experience. Lowry is the one im worried about.
        Gimme a break, last year was the Celtics first 50 win season since they had Paul Pierce. They had serious playoff expectations for the first time last year, and they are a completely different team now. There really is no need to compare the Raps to them in the last couple years, other than to say that the Raps have been significantly better. The thing about the playoffs is that if Raps go on a cold streak from 3, they are screwed, but if they are hot they could go reallly far, not worried about Demar either, he will ball out.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          Gimme a break, last year was the Celtics first 50 win season since they had Paul Pierce. They had serious playoff expectations for the first time last year, and they are a completely different team now. There really is no need to compare the Raps to them in the last couple years, other than to say that the Raps have been significantly better. The thing about the playoffs is that if Raps go on a cold streak from 3, they are screwed, but if they are hot they could go reallly far, not worried about Demar either, he will ball out.
          Last year wasn't their first trip to the playoffs but, it was their first time out the first round. If any team goes cold from 3 they will have a hard time winning. That's the new NBA where usually comes down to who makes the most 3s. Actually raps have already showed that they can win even if they aren't shooting well from 3 this year.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Last year wasn't their first trip to the playoffs but, it was their first time out the first round. If any team goes cold from 3 they will have a hard time winning. That's the new NBA where usually comes down to who makes the most 3s. Actually raps have already showed that they can win even if they aren't shooting well from 3 this year.
            They had no expectations until last year though. You literally said, "With how bad they play they still have the most wins after Cleveland/Warriors in the last couple years." to make a case that they haven't lived up to expectations, and it just isn't true. They have had one 50 win year since 2011. They have been to the playoffs three years in a row, last year was their only one with home court, other than that they were a 7 seed and a 5 seed. The Celtics haven't been good, but last year was the only year they had any actual expectations to make a run, which they did do.

That is fairly irrelevant mind you, as their rotation is virtually new from last season.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              They had no expectations until last year though. You literally said, "With how bad they play they still have the most wins after Cleveland/Warriors in the last couple years." to make a case that they haven't lived up to expectations, and it just isn't true. They have had one 50 win year since 2011. They have been to the playoffs three years in a row, last year was their only one with home court, other than that they were a 7 seed and a 5 seed. The Celtics haven't been good, but last year was the only year they had any actual expectations to make a run, which they did do.

That is fairly irrelevant mind you, as their rotation is virtually new from last season.
              Raps didn't win 50 games first two year in playoffs. Should we not take those playoffs runs into consideration when judging them as well? The bold was about the Raps not the Celtics. I don't know how you judge teams but, if you make the playoffs your a good team and you should expect to win. Especially in 4/5 match when those series are suppose to be a toss up. I get you don't hold the Celtics to same standard than you do Raps. Like most on this forum.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Do we want the Pistons to take the Celtics down a peg, or are they themselves gaining too much of a lead on us?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Do we want the Pistons to take the Celtics down a peg, or are they themselves gaining too much of a lead on us?
                  Never root for the Celtics.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kyrie with 18 and 6 turnovers today with a -19 so far. Please I hope the Celtics lose.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      Kyrie with 18 and 6 turnovers today with a -19 so far. Please I hope the Celtics lose.
                      People complain about Jack/Matt/Leo. These NBC Boston guys are TERRIBLE. Big time homers with any foul call. And amazing with the southie dialect. Hilarious.

Gimme that Armstrong Long Island anyday!

Comment

• This Detroit team is a problem. Drummond is elite!
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Svg is my quarter pole coach of the year. 13-6 with road wins over golden state and boston, impressive!
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Drummond so far.....26 points 21 rebounds 6 assists 4 steals

Anyone still think JV is better?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Drummond so far.....26 points 21 rebounds 6 assists 4 steals

Anyone still think JV is better?
                              was Ostertag better than Shaq?
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                This Detroit team is a problem. Drummond is elite!
                                JV usually owns drummond but they're trending opposite directions so far this season. Should be interesting when they reconnect
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X