Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Drummond so far.....26 points 21 rebounds 6 assists 4 steals

Anyone still think JV is better?
    JV ALWAYS owns Drummond, for one thing.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      This Detroit team is a problem. Drummond is elite!
      Just thought I'd flashback to a post from our preseason game against the Pistons

sort of lost in all of this.....did anyone notice that Drummond (while still not playing better than Ross), hit all 6 of his free throws tonight?

http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...l=1#post774725

Comment

• Pistons have the best personnel to stop the Celtics in the East. I think we still own them head-to-head though

Comment

• I feel like somewhere out there, Daryl Morey is contemplating a tweet..

Comment

• Bad Drummond is really really bad. We’ll see if it lasts. What’s surprising me is the passing. He’s consistently putting up games with 5+ assists which is just strange to me. I haven’t even watched him, is he really a good passer?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Just thought I'd flashback to a post from our preseason game against the Pistons

sort of lost in all of this.....did anyone notice that Drummond (while still not playing better than Ross), hit all 6 of his free throws tonight?

http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...l=1#post774725
              He's over 60% on the season, and he's turned into a defensive beast. There's a good article about his off season work with this Ravin guy. I wish he'd work with JV next

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...asics-approach

"I called him up after the season," Drummond said. "I told him that I think it's time to go back to the basics, go back to what got me to where I'm at. We really put a lot of work in. I worked out with him for the first half of the summer. Really on the conditioning part of game -- the free throws, obviously, and just the whole mental aspect of the game."

Pistons center Andre Drummond has improved dramatically at the foul line this season after working on his shot all summer, and it showed in his career-best 14-for-16 performance at the charity stripe Friday night.

Over the years, the Pistons tried several approaches to help Drummond get out of his free throw rut, but nothing seemed to work. At one point, the team*even tried virtual reality*and had Drummond wear some headgear so that he could visualize being at the line, but that didn't work either. After getting the call from Drummond, Ravin, who has worked with many NBA players during his career, speaks with pride not only of the work the pair has done together, but also of Drummond's decision to search for a different answer to his issues.

"I'm very proud of Dre for doing this," Ravin said during a recent telephone conversation. "Which is [saying] 'All this stuff I've been doing in the past, it's just not working for me. It might work for others, it might be great for some people, but it's not working for me. So let me take a moment ... let me try to find a good solution.' "

Ravin's message to Drummond was multifaceted, and the trust that both men established over the years was important.

"We have to scrap all the stuff that you've been told," Ravin told Drummond. "All the stuff that you've been doing. And that's a lot because it's like asking someone to change their handwriting, their signature. Even if they have a messy signature, it's just something that they've done for a very, very long time."

The pair started working together again during the first week of June in Los Angeles and stayed in the game consistently for about seven weeks. And Ravin made it clear he wasn't focused on simply fixing Drummond's poor free throw shooting.

"The focus wasn't [let's] make you a better free throw shooter," Ravin said. "The focus was let's make you a better player. The free throw shooting was just a byproduct of everything else. We didn't spend 400 hours working on free throws. We spent thousands of hours on working on becoming a better player. We weren't doing Five Star basketball 1985 form shooting."

As part of the process of long days in the gym, Drummond shed about 30 pounds over the summer, according to Ravin. One thing they didn't do was sit in front of a television screen and watch tape of Drummond's old form. The training focused on the "physical first, then mental," according to the trainer.

"I find that to be an incredibly archaic way of working with an athlete," Ravin said.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Particularly impressive were his 4 steals. He was really surprising the Celts with getting into passing lanes and then was able to use his speed to turn those steals into unimpeded solo fast breaks. 30lbs lost, hey? Wow. Looks good for sure.

Comment

• https://www.raptorshq.com/2017/3/16/...oronto-raptors

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    Bad Drummond is really really bad. We’ll see if it lasts. What’s surprising me is the passing. He’s consistently putting up games with 5+ assists which is just strange to me. I haven’t even watched him, is he really a good passer?
                    Drummond is a lot better than JV right now. They were somewhat similar in level before but it's not even close anymore.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      Bad Drummond is really really bad. We’ll see if it lasts. What’s surprising me is the passing. He’s consistently putting up games with 5+ assists which is just strange to me. I haven’t even watched him, is he really a good passer?
                      SVG had a lot of success with Dwight Howard in Orlando, playing 4 out. I haven't watched much of the Pistons, but I imagine they're running a few similar sets with Drummond passing out of the mid-post. Having another shooter like Avery Bradley (who's also an elite perimeter defender) helps. And SVG is a terrible GM, but he's still an elite coach.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        SVG had a lot of success with Dwight Howard in Orlando, playing 4 out. I haven't watched much of the Pistons, but I imagine they're running a few similar sets with Drummond passing out of the mid-post. Having another shooter like Avery Bradley (who's also an elite perimeter defender) helps. And SVG is a terrible GM, but he's still an elite coach.
                        He's got the exact kind of team he likes now in Detroit. 2-way shooters and defenders at the 2, 3 and 4 spots and a good penetrator to run pick and roll with the closest thing you're going to get to Dwight at center in Drummond

Comment

• intro for jumbotron when Celtics come to visit
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• A few things as the season gets to the quarter pole....

The predicted Hun like devastation of the East by the West has yet to materialize..its 67 to 63 for the east right now..I suppose it can still tilt towards the West but so far the inbred NBA media guys got this wrong big time.

OKC and Sam Presti must be getting more than a little worried as they sit at a pretty pedestrian 8 and 12 and in 11th spot out of the playoffs. Not where they wanna be.

Deeetroit Basketball is back. Stan’s guys are a great story this year. Road win against the Warrior on the CV and playing solid ball sitting a couple games out of first in the very competitive East.

For what seems like the last decade the Phoenix Suns, replete with high lottery draft picks out the wazoo are yet again a piece of shit. These guys are a case study of why tanking isn’t a sure thing.

After a simply dishonest effort as a professional organization the ideological Sixers are seeing the benefits of The Process with a better than 500 record. They have waited for a decade to finish somewhere between 6 and 8. Pretty high price to pay for the return so far.

This a really good draft class. Lots of good young talent. Donovan Mitchell looks to be the Non redshirt ROY.

The Wizards are scuffling. John Wall has one of those injuries that might plague him all year long. The Whiz are fading from contender/top 4 status.

The Kicks are a better team sans Melo. They play hard and are a real threat to make the post season for the first time in what seems like a century.

The Bulls and Hawks are vintage Hinkies bad. They might not win 35 games between them.

And the Chowderheads still suck.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Nov 30, 2017, 12:31 AM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

After a simply dishonest effort as a professional organization the ideological Sixers are seeing the benefits of The Process with a better than 500 record. They have waited for a decade to finish somewhere between 6 and 8. Pretty high price to pay for the return so far.
                              that is so fucking dishonest dude. the process began on june 27 2013 when philly traded jrue holiday (and pierre jackson) for nerlens noel and a 2014 first round pick, which was a great trade.

that is exactly four and a quarter seasons of bad basketball to get where they are.

they didn't even draft well and they have two franchise altering talents who would go top five in a league wide dispersion draft of players to build around for the next decade. TWO OF THEM.

i would absolutely, unequivocally trade the raps last four seasons for theirs to be where they are.

by the way the year before the process began they went 34 and 48 with a team built around jrue holiday, evan turner, and thaddeus young, coached by doug collins, and tried their damnedest to finish somewhere between 6th and 8th. you think they just should have kept kicking that can down the road?

i'd much rather root for a team that can read the writing on the wall and blow it up than one who'll sell a fringe playoff contender to their fanbase instead of a real one because they think their fans are too stupid to know the difference.

Comment

• Yeah Philly has been pretty poor at drafting and still have Embiid and Simmons who look like they'll easily be top 10 if not top 5 players for the next decade if they can stay healthy (which is a huge caveat for Embiid to be fair).

I've enjoyed the last few years somewhat, but it is annoying knowing that this team isn't really competing for a title at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X