DWAYNE WADE - Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWAYNE WADE - Quick Question

Okay, so I just don't quite understand this. Apparently Dwayne Wade "cleared waivers" today, and was able to be signed by the Cavaliers at the veteran minimum. But what does "cleared waivers" mean, in this case? I mean, I've never really understood the term in sports in general I guess, but if it means something like every nba team had a chance to sign him - why wouldn't they??

Any team that could absorb his full salary into their cap space could claim him. He made a lot of money though, I think no team in the league still has that much cap space. But I haven't checked, maybe the Nets or PHX could have done so. But there's no way he plays for them, and they'd just end up negotiating another buyout anyway.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I am more bothered by the fact that he was able to do so.

Dwade signed a contract with the Bulls, as a result of this summer the Bulls have changed direction and DWADE placed pressure on the organization to void it so he can choose to be a free agent . Even though its "Mutual thing" as they say, The Bulls would probably much rather to see him play out his contract or be traded for some assets then give to his demands and most of his buyout salary but they also want to avoid a "Kyrie Irving" ugly breakup drama so they did it.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        I am more bothered by the fact that he was able to do so.

Dwade signed a contract with the Bulls, as a result of this summer the Bulls have changed direction and DWADE placed pressure on the organization to void it so he can choose to be a free agent . Even though its "Mutual thing" as they say, The Bulls would probably much rather to see him play out his contract or be traded for some assets then give to his demands and most of his buyout salary but they also want to avoid a "Kyrie Irving" ugly breakup drama so they did it.
        Wade gave back 8M to get out of his deal. If they just waived him they'd have to pay the full amount. And they are tanking, so there is no value to the team in paying him to play there, except to piss off him and his agent and any friends he has in the league.

I don't know that there is a team in the league who would and could trade for Wade's full salary and would give any real assets back in the process.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Wade gave back 8M to get out of his deal. If they just waived him they'd have to pay the full amount. And they are tanking, so there is no value to the team in paying him to play there, except to piss off him and his agent and any friends he has in the league.

I don't know that there is a team in the league who would and could trade for Wade's full salary and would give any real assets back in the process.
          Isn't Wade just kinda old now as well? I haven't been watching a whole lot of Cavs basketball but as far as I understand he struggled to start the year? Though I also know they're on an 8 game win streak or something like that of late. So how has he been looking recently, anyone know?

Comment

Working...
          X