Wiggins coming home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
    So. Is this the plan now?? or what. I certainly hope so, but as far as I understand that's a whole lot of money for the Raptors to shell out/space to create for someone who is not named Lebron James/Kevin Durant/Kawhi Leonard
    I don't really see Wiggins on Masai's radar right now. He's making about $30M a year so to get him would require us trading one of DD, Lowry or Ibaka (and even with Ibaka would have to add pieces). And I don't think Masai would want to do that. Maybe if they want to rebuild and try to get Wiggins in 2-3 years.. but Minny may not want to do that.

Ultimately I feel like if Wiggins is ever going to be a Raptor it will be after 2022 and when Wiggins is 28-29 years old.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      I don't really see Wiggins on Masai's radar right now. He's making about $30M a year so to get him would require us trading one of DD, Lowry or Ibaka (and even with Ibaka would have to add pieces). And I don't think Masai would want to do that. Maybe if they want to rebuild and try to get Wiggins in 2-3 years.. but Minny may not want to do that.

Ultimately I feel like if Wiggins is ever going to be a Raptor it will be after 2022 and when Wiggins is 28-29 years old.
      Adding Wiggins to this core at any time does not help our ceiling unless he takes an massive leap. 30 Million or whatever the max is in a few years means your best player, and when your best player is Demar/Kyle or Wiggins, you're not a finalist. There's only about 10 or 12 guys worth giving the max to, obviously we were kind of painted in a corner with our 2 guys but if you acquire them from another team that should be the case.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
      X