Likes Likes:  29
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 128 of 128

Thread: An idea for our best lineup strategy this year

  1. #121
    Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    7,991
    Likes (Given)
    726
    Likes (Received)
    1394

    Default

    Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Luck or not, he's poised to make a big trade whenever one presents itself.
    But he usually doesn't go through with it.
    Last edited by tDotted; Fri Oct 13th, 2017 at 01:38 PM.

  2. #122
    Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,616
    Likes (Given)
    3300
    Likes (Received)
    3187

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    I think Ainge lucked into KG/Allen one offseason, the Brooklyn picks one other offseason, and has otherwise generally been a mediocre GM.
    KG/Allen was definitely not luck.

    https://www.si.com/nba/2015/07/31/bo...l-pierce-trade

    The Nets trade was arguably one of the top 5 in history because Ainge pushed and squeezed King for every last concession.

    He traded Rondo for Crowder and pieces which helped land IT
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ed-3-nba-teams

    He landed two young stars in Irving and Hayward to pair with two young talented wings in Tatum and Brown... And still has the cupboards stocked with 4 extra first round picks over the next couple years.
    https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

    In my opinion he's one of the best GMs in the game.

  3. #123
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,690
    Likes (Given)
    325
    Likes (Received)
    390

    Default

    Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    KG/Allen was definitely not luck.

    https://www.si.com/nba/2015/07/31/bo...l-pierce-trade

    The Nets trade was arguably one of the top 5 in history because Ainge pushed and squeezed King for every last concession.

    He traded Rondo for Crowder and pieces which helped land IT
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ed-3-nba-teams

    He landed two young stars in Irving and Hayward to pair with two young talented wings in Tatum and Brown... And still has the cupboards stocked with 4 extra first round picks over the next couple years.
    https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

    In my opinion he's one of the best GMs in the game.
    This. Idk how people can heap praise and adulation on Masai and then say Ainge isn't a good GM.

    There are some serious Boston blinders on here from what I've seen. First Boston is a "trash" team and now Ainge isn't a good GM.

  4. #124
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,678
    Likes (Given)
    1054
    Likes (Received)
    1732

    Default

    Yeah Ainge is a super star GM. Boston's lucky to have him.

  5. #125
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Montréal, QC
    Posts
    2,146
    Likes (Given)
    321
    Likes (Received)
    161

    Default

    So, is the roster set for opening night? What will it look like officially?

  6. #126
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,113
    Likes (Given)
    3513
    Likes (Received)
    1157

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    So, is the roster set for opening night? What will it look like officially?
    I would say not much doubt about that. Miles seems like a lock with the second unit and that was the only real question. Fred is definitely in the mix. OG's recovery has probably been the surprise of the preseason.

  7. #127
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    12,674
    Likes (Given)
    3516
    Likes (Received)
    7300

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    So, is the roster set for opening night? What will it look like officially?
    The main question is whether both McKinnie and McDaniels stick around, but since both have 100k guaranteed, the team has 2-3 weeks into the season to decide whether to waive one or the other with no additional cost.

    Then again they may waive whoever doesn't make it so they have a chance to catch on elsewhere. I think they wait and see whether OG keeps holding up, then waive McDaniels 3 weeks in.

  8. #128
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    11,829
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    829

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    The main question is whether both McKinnie and McDaniels stick around, but since both have 100k guaranteed, the team has 2-3 weeks into the season to decide whether to waive one or the other with no additional cost.

    Then again they may waive whoever doesn't make it so they have a chance to catch on elsewhere. I think they wait and see whether OG keeps holding up, then waive McDaniels 3 weeks in.
    That's what I think too, because I feel we would have waived one of them by now if we were going to.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •