Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps Preseason Gameday: Pistons vs Raps : 7PM Eastern : Lots of TSN Channels , 1,3,4,5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    They are both quality starters but Miles is very very clearly better off the bench as a spark plug than Powell is. He's been doing that his whole career.
    It's been one preseason game with the Raptors where Miles looked good off the bench, so not sure how he is very clearly better there. Not saying Norm won't start, but not going to draw any conclusions from one game. Actually if I was going to draw conclusions I would say Miles' 5-8 from deep would be more helpful to space the floor out for DD, than Norm's 0-2.

You guys think Miles gets his shot off so easy and often against any legit benches? Don't see him being that open unless he's out there with DD and KL and the rest of the starters.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Man, what has happened to Detroit? They were so promising at one point right? So glad nobody is talking about Stan being a better option to coach the Raptors.
      Remember back in the day when Tobias Harris was considered to be a good player? Those were the days....

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Stan is a good coach and a bad executive. Wearing two hats rarely works out. He has driven that team straight into purgatory, unfortunately.
        There's a major conflict there & potential trust issues. Like when a player is going into a contract year and the guy who will negotiate that contract has complete control of said player's minutes and role. Not to mention trades. Too much power for one guy can mess up the team dynamic. It can work, but it's got to be a special guy like Pop who everybody trusts and respects.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Remember back in the day when Tobias Harris was considered to be a good player? Those were the days....
          Damn you, I was one of those people

They looked like they would be a force in the East for years to come when SVG came on board. Mad management I guess.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            It's been one preseason game with the Raptors where Miles looked good off the bench, so not sure how he is very clearly better there. Not saying Norm won't start, but not going to draw any conclusions from one game. Actually if I was going to draw conclusions I would say Miles' 5-8 from deep would be more helpful to space the floor out for DD, than Norm's 0-2.

You guys think Miles gets his shot off so easy and often against any legit benches? Don't see him being that open unless he's out there with DD and KL and the rest of the starters.
            It's not just one preseason game though.. Again, Miles has been a very good spark plug off the bench for years while Powell's efficiency plummets in that role.

Comment

It's not just one preseason game though.. Again, Miles has been a very good spark plug off the bench for years while Powell's efficiency plummets in that role.
              Yeah CJ Miles is a career sixth man. That there's excitement about him starting at SF just goes to show what a shit show the SF position has been on this team for years. On the other hand we still have to hope Norm develops into definite starter material with a long NBA career.

That game was a lot of fun. I really hope we see a lot more of that offence and this reinvention doesn't fizzle out in the first few weeks.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

How can you give a team a B2B in preseason? Just brutal
                That is wierd.... Have to think the teams get some input on when they play in preseason
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Yeah CJ Miles is a career sixth man. That there's excitement about him starting at SF just goes to show what a shit show the SF position has been on this team for years. On the other hand we still have to hope Norm develops into definite starter material with a long NBA career.

That game was a lot of fun. I really hope we see a lot more of that offence and this reinvention doesn't fizzle out in the first few weeks.
                  The strange thing for me, is that we still looked like we were playing at half speed/intensity. Felt like we had another gear or 2 we could reach if needed. Especially on the defensive end.

Not sure if this said more about the Pistons than the Raptors, though.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    The strange thing for me, is that we still looked like we were playing at half speed/intensity. Felt like we had another gear or 2 we could reach if needed. Especially on the defensive end.

Not sure if this said more about the Pistons than the Raptors, though.
                    They're a mess. Ish Smith and Reggie Jackson is one of the worst point guard tandems in the association.

Comment

How can you give a team a B2B in preseason? Just brutal
                      Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      That is wierd.... Have to think the teams get some input on when they play in preseason
                      They definitely do. I'm not sure how much the NBA even cares about the preseason beyond a required number of games and they can't all be at home.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I hope people are starting to realize that quite a lot can be changed, in terms of play style, despite continuity with core players and the HC.

Comment

• It’s been a day and even after sober second thought am still impressed by the showing from the F22s vs Detroit. The faithful got a good look at the likely starting 5 and the rotational depth...which appears to be again pretty decent 6 through 12 even with the departures of CoJo , PPat and PJ.

Ball movement was good and the open looks they generated was very good. That the Raps played Anunoby in the pre season is incredible given the timeline of Nov Dec that was let on. He has the ability to help and he won’t be rushed into it.

Are they as good as that 25 point drubbing over the first 3 quarters they laid on the Pistons or is Deetroit Basketball in for a long year....Think it’s closer to the Raps being very good again.
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Oct 11, 2017, 01:20 PM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            There's a major conflict there & potential trust issues. Like when a player is going into a contract year and the guy who will negotiate that contract has complete control of said player's minutes and role. Not to mention trades. Too much power for one guy can mess up the team dynamic. It can work, but it's got to be a special guy like Pop who everybody trusts and respects.
                            I agree with the logic here but I wonder why is it that the gm/coach role can work all over the soccer world but not in the NBA.

Comment

• Kinda Off topic...has anyone been following the Celtics pre-season games? How have they looked with so many new additions (and of course subtractions).

They are of course our hated competition and I wish them nothing but "ill".

Comment

I would want to at least see if Miles can handle being a starter. He should fit really well in the knock down shooter role with the starters. Could really take our offence to another level if they all mesh. If not they move him to the bench, and it's no big loss. We already know what we are getting with Norm in there with the starters and it's not good enough to beat the Cav's, so why so hesitant to try something different?

Comment

Working...
                                X