matt and jack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matt and jack...

ok seriously, jack armstrong has been on the air for the raptors for apparently 20 years, according to matt devlin pointing that out during the raps v pistons preseason game. matt devlin has been on air for the raptors for the last 10 years. I have had league pass for years, have heard every teams broadcast team. I would have to say that the raptors commentators are the worst or close to it. Jack has been doing the same high pitched one trick pony act for his entire time with the franchise. And Devlin feels the need to come up with a stupid nickname for every player on the team and call them that for every point, assist or defensive play that they make. Clearly they have a following, or have been blackmailing their bosses who put them on the air. Everyone i know can't stand to hear them call a game. Am i alone here?

Our guys are the worst?! And you say you have heard everyone?!

Comment

For some reason our broadcasting team is incredibly polarizing. I for one love matt and jack but hate Leo. I would really prefer that they not get into politics and I would also like if matt would ease up on the stories and focus on commentary more but I still love them. They have good chemistry and they're exciting.

Comment

I like Jack and Leo, not big on Devlin, he's boring.

Comment

I dunno, Jack exudes a love of basketball which I respect in ways I can't describe. Matt is a corporate jackass but he's our corporate jackass. Together they make it work. You should be directing your dislike towards Leo whom I cannot fathom why he's still part of the organization. The man has the personality of a wall...not even a brick wall...like a blank, unpainted piece of drywall...yeah he's drywall. And don't get me started on Rod Black...makes me fucking cringe just thinking of that guy.

Comment

I find Matt sometimes annoying especially when he raises his voice

Jack has a hoarseness of a voice but he tends to be quite informative.

In total they are sort of middle of the pack, not the worst but not the greatest.

I care more about the product on the floor in general.

Comment

my biggest fears are being realized from my post. i'm finding out that people actually enjoy matt and jack... maybe it's just my friends and their friends and everyone else who isn't posting about how annoying they are

Comment

We need to hire this guy.

Comment

Westsider Rider wrote: View Post
                  my biggest fears are being realized from my post. i'm finding out that people actually enjoy matt and jack... maybe it's just my friends and their friends and everyone else who isn't posting about how annoying they are

Comment

1. Jack

2. Matt

10001. Leo

Jacks awesome tho. Funny, passionate, and tells it like it is quite often. He's a throwback to the old baseball announcers from the 80s or something, this wacky old guy, doesn't take himself too seriously but you trust his opinion cause it feels like he's been watching the sport for 600 years
                    Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Oct 11, 2017, 09:21 PM.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Tommy is probably the worst, such an annoying homer of an announcer, fits the Celtics fan base alright.

Comment

People are too harsh on jack and Matt.

Would rather listen to guys with personality then straight basketball ball guys. Outside of the national broadcast guys, they are def one of the best duos

Comment

I agree. Jack is solid. Matt is obnoxious from time to time, but I'll take it.

It could be much worse.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            I dunno, Jack exudes a love of basketball which I respect in ways I can't describe. Matt is a corporate jackass but he's our corporate jackass. Together they make it work. You should be directing your dislike towards Leo whom I cannot fathom why he's still part of the organization. The man has the personality of a wall...not even a brick wall...like a blank, unpainted piece of drywall...yeah he's drywall. And don't get me started on Rod Black...makes me fucking cringe just thinking of that guy.
                            I imagine Jack also exudes a strong stench of whiskey ... not that there is anything wrong with that. Lol

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              We need to hire this guy.

"Wowzers in me trouzers. A 30 yard screamer! Then runs away like a man that just let one go in a phone box." Hahah So awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X