This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Right. I just won 14 games and I'm picking first, desperation is not in the equation here. I shopped the pick two years ago when I took Ben Simmons #1.
    Spoken just like a man with overwhelming desperation.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Smells like desperation in here. Somebody really doesn't want to pick 1st.
      There is no lonzo here. There are a bunch of could bes and maybes, but no "chance of greatest pg ever".
      Bad year to have a pick.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        Spoken just like a man with overwhelming desperation.
        Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        There is no lonzo here. There are a bunch of could bes and maybes, but no "chance of greatest pg ever".
        Bad year to have a pick.

Miek, buddy, don't hate the player. Hate the game. I'd recommend you take advantage of your "timeout" to take notes and learn from the big boys.

Comment

Miek, buddy, don't hate the player. Hate the game. I'd recommend you take advantage of your "timeout" to take notes and learn from the big boys.
          ouch

Comment

• Lets start this draft already!!
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
              Lets start this draft already!!
              Not yet, I'm still getting offers. One of these may go somewhere.

Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jul 26, 2018, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• WW Priority

So I think we should have a conversation about waiver wire priority. It doesn't work in this league like it does in a non-FAAB league and I think it could use some balancing.

How it works in the FAAB league is as follows:
                • You receive $200 FAAB for the auction and the balance carries into the season.
                • If there is a bid tie during the season, WW priority kicks in.
                • Once you have no FAAB left, WW priority kicks in.
                • WW priority in this league does not change under any circumstance during the season.

In a standard league where FAAB doesn't exist, WW priority adjusts automatically. When you use priority you drop to the bottom of the list. So WW priority is a significant advantage in this league as the season wears on.

Its for this reason that I propose that each season's WW priority be determined by the inverted standings of the prior season instead of it being totally random. Playoff teams should not have building advantage over the Have Nots at the bottom of the standings (sorry Have Nots ).

Comment

So I think we should have a conversation about waiver wire priority. It doesn't work in this league like it does in a non-FAAB league and I think it could use some balancing.

How it works in the FAAB league is as follows:
                  • You receive $200 FAAB for the auction and the balance carries into the season.
                  • If there is a bid tie during the season, WW priority kicks in.
                  • Once you have no FAAB left, WW priority kicks in.
                  • WW priority in this league does not change under any circumstance during the season.

In a standard league where FAAB doesn't exist, WW priority adjusts automatically. When you use priority you drop to the bottom of the list. So WW priority is a significant advantage in this league as the season wears on.

Its for this reason that I propose that each season's WW priority be determined by the inverted standings of the prior season instead of it being totally random. Playoff teams should not have building advantage over the Have Nots at the bottom of the standings (sorry Have Nots ).
                  Agree that random WW priority needs to go.

If the WWP can't be adjusted than the Apollo's recommendation is the only option.
                  RR OG

Comment

• I honestly didn't realize that our waiver wire priority was static.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      I honestly didn't realize that our waiver wire priority was static.
                      It is. The easiest way to see it in action is to go here: https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo....ns?filter=faab

Make sure you select FAAB Bids and scroll down to Feb 10th & Feb 13th transactions. James beat me on back to back $0 bids due to WW priority. There have been other examples but those are impossible to see now without a history of the WW priority table and the transactions.

Comment

It is. The easiest way to see it in action is to go here: https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo....ns?filter=faab

Make sure you select FAAB Bids and scroll down to Feb 10th & Feb 13th transactions. James beat me on back to back $0 bids due to WW priority. There have been other examples but those are impossible to see now without a history of the WW priority table and the transactions.
                        Well then, Joey will have to fix that or be called a tyrant (again)

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I just did a thread search. Maybe it was fixed in the settings later?

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Further, you should be ahead of everyone who's made a successful claim since your last claim. I noticed that I was 11th when before I claimed Bogdanovic and I'm still 11th right now. By rights I should be 15th and Axel 16th.
                          Joey wrote: View Post
                          Right, that was my understanding ... I'll check when I get home. I forget sometimes that you are the OG Commish. Lol
                          No, the way it should work is:

1. Highest FAAB bid takes the player. Successful FAAB bid is removed from FAAB budget.
                          2. If no FAAB bid is made then WW priority takes the player. Succesful WW claimer drops to the bottom of the WW priority.

What do the current settings look like? Sometimes Yahoo does weird shit upon league renewal.
                          Joey wrote: View Post
                          So I'm last all season? The optics of that are not good ... Lol
                          Waiver priority isn't changing with transactions. My guess is if you go into the commish CP you'll find somewhere that WW priority is turned off.

Edit:

Look under...

Commissioner > Edit League Settings > Determine Waiver Priority By

Or somewhere around there.

Comment

Well then, Joey will have to fix that or be called a tyrant (again)
                            I reserve all name calling until after the draft. I may need to deal with these people!

Comment

I reserve all name calling until after the draft. I may need to deal with these people!
                              Only Matt ever called him a tyrant. Good times.

Comment

Only Matt ever called him a tyrant. Good times.
                                Well I can call Matt names now but I won't because I don't need random burner accounts coming into this thread to trash talk my team.

Comment

Working...
                                X