Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The top of the draft of the draft is less clear cut than I thought. Quite a few people id have to consider up there in the top 5. Best of luck ....
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
      The top of the draft of the draft is less clear cut than I thought. Quite a few people id have to consider up there in the top 5. Best of luck ....
      It gets kind of murky after #2. I think there will be homeruns and pop flies.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        It gets kind of murky after #2. I think there will be homeruns and pop flies.
        Definitely a good draft to have two shots at it.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• You might get a sure shot with the right offer...

Comment

• For the Kings, should they draft Donkic if he available? Doing so would utterly stagnet Fox's development and would dilute much of their leverage in trade talk thus reducing his trade value.

To me, if Vlad drafts Donkic it would appear to be reminiscent to the textbook 'Khan-quandary' case study a decade ago.

That said even though this scenario is rationale for Vlad to try make a savvy Danny Ainge trade down, each team between #2-5 also already has an established starting PG.

Although Memphis would logically draft Donkic at #5, I don't see them offering much more value than in a trade swap for #2 given the King's lack of leverage because of Fox.

Intrigue does abound itseld in this year's draft.
            RR OG

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
              For the Kings, should they draft Donkic if he available? Doing so would utterly stagnet Fox's development and would dilute much of their leverage in trade talk thus reducing his trade value.

To me, if Vlad drafts Donkic it would appear to be reminiscent to the textbook 'Khan-quandary' case study a decade ago.

That said even though this scenario is rationale for Vlad to try make a savvy Danny Ainge trade down, each team between #2-5 also already has an established starting PG.

Although Memphis would logically draft Donkic at #5, I don't see them offering much more value than in a trade swap for #2 given the King's lack of leverage because of Fox.

Intrigue does abound itseld in this year's draft.
              Doncic creates for others but struggles to create for himself. Playing next to Fox might be best. Same as playing next to Conley in Memphis works.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Am i the only one who doesn't gush over Ayton. seems like he lacks the drive. Doncic on the suns is a better fit IMHO.
                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                  Am i the only one who doesn't gush over Ayton. seems like he lacks the drive. Doncic on the suns is a better fit IMHO.
                  i think doncic is hands down best player this year. on the suns with booker, yes please.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    i think doncic is hands down best player this year. on the suns with booker, yes please.
                    Didn't you draft Gary Payton's dentist's friend's counsin's hamster in the lotto a few years back?

I'm not taking yours or Koncepts advice. I may take anyone at #1 which is why people should try to trade for the #1.

Comment

Didn't you draft Gary Payton's dentist's friend's counsin's hamster in the lotto a few years back?
                      the hamster's father had fantastic genetics that i thought would be passed on

also, i still believe in gp2. he is an nba player. i was hoping to get a super sub that stuffed every stat from the 1. figured he would figure out shooting.

Comment

I'm not taking yours or Koncepts advice. I may take anyone at #1 which is why people should try to trade for the #1.
                        Sounds like someone isn't sold on any of these busts. Trade out now!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Sounds like someone isn't sold on any of these busts. Trade out now!
                          It's nice sitting in a can't miss spot in this draft but I know some other lotto teams may want to pay the price to guarantee that superstar to build around. I've had a few people ask about the pick already so who knows what happens.

Comment

• Here's what The Ringer thinks:
                            It’s hard to turn down a talent like Ayton, even if it is fair to wonder about the value of the big man compared to the wing in today’s NBA. “I don’t think that’s a weakness,” Ayton said about his defense. “I haven’t had the opportunity to really guard any bigs in college. I was always on the perimeter with the guards.” The issue is that right now, staying with guards on the perimeter might be exactly what he’ll need to do in the NBA.

These playoffs have once again shown us the importance of wings that can both defend and not get played off the floor for lack of shooting. Everyone’s going small when it matters most. During the playoffs, Houston had to be careful about giving too much time to Clint Capela, and the Warriors are on their way to another title without a transcendent big man. But Ayton is clearly not just any big man. He’s the surest sure thing in a draft filled with questions. And as Danny Chau wrote about this week, the sudden influx of bigs in this draft and the next could make the position far more valuable in the future than it is now.

Regardless of the NBA landscape, it seems the Suns have found their guy in Ayton. And though it does take away some of the excitement over the next 14 days, it makes what will happen below him even more intriguing. Who will be the second big man off the board? And how far could Doncic fall? On to the next questions.
                            https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6...nba-draft-2018

If I don't take Doncic I think he doesn't make it past James. If I don't take Ayton I think he doesn't make it past James.

Comment

If I don't take Doncic I think he doesn't make it past James. If I don't take Ayton I think he doesn't make it past James.
                              My scouting philo is big on rookies being drafted by the right team in terms of short term fit for playing time experience and skill development opportunities.
                              RR OG

Comment

• Typically guys going near the top aren't projects. I don't see Ayton or Doncic landing anywhere they will come off the bench. If you want to pass though I'm sure Axel is scheduling a parade the next day!

Comment

Working...
                                X