Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did I miss D Wade on the waiver wire? Could've used his help down the stretch here with my team crumbling once again.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      If I was Axel I'd be tempted to pull out the "Skywalker Maneuver"and bench all my guys today... Against Skywalker for the W.
      Axel wrote: View Post
      Not going to lie, I looked at the schedule and very much have considered it. Decided to wait and make my decision later today. Steals is a close category though so might leave a guy or two (low TO guys) in just in case.
      Devastation!

So I noticed that I had a 7 or 8 steals lead and a healthy TO lead for a 5-4 overall lead, so much like Apollo alluded to, I decided (for the first time ever) to strategically bench some guys. I didn't want to jeopardize my lead in TO or FG% and knew that I couldn't catch up in most of categories. So I decided to only play Jrue Holiday, he is shooting well over 50% from the field, gets good steals and low turnovers and was playing a soft Dallas squad. I watched the Raps game end to make sure Lowry didn't get a couple of steals, in which case I still had time to add in some late game guys (Fox, Hield and Tobias). Lowry got none, so I felt confident. Jrue lit up Dallas for 30 points on 63% shooting, so I felt good. But then the unthinkable happened - STAT ADJUSTMENTS!!!!

The stat adjustments for the week were added yesterday, and that took 1 steal away from me and gave 2 to Skywalker. Combined with the few he got from his players last night, that gave him the 1 steal lead and the victory. I benched 7 steals last night to save TO and FG%, not factoring in the stat adjustment values before I made that call.

So my 4 week stretch of 007, Mack, Koncept, and Skywalker should have been 2-2 (with wins over 007 and Skywalker) but instead the basketball Gods punished me and 1-3 and slipping to 8th in the standings. With Dan and WJF my next two weeks to close the season, my destiny is firmly in my own hands, but that was a tough lose to swallow and is probably the last time I tempt fate with strategic benchings.

Fucking stat adjustments....
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hey, I lost to Coach by .01 after a stats adjustment. I don't think anyone with a competitive team escapes the dreaded stat adjustment.

Anyway, it's not all in your hands. After I deliver a monsterous tomahawk jam of total devastation to Cody this week, I end the season against 007 , who I would have beaten with the stat line I posted against Drizz last week. You look kind of locked into 8th, facing the best team in the league right out of the gate but that's just my opinion and I'd imagine Josh Jackson agrees with me.

Comment

Hey, I lost to Coach by .01 after a stats adjustment. I don't think anyone with a competitive team escapes the dreaded stat adjustment.

Anyway, it's not all in your hands. After I deliver a monsterous tomahawk jam of total devastation to Cody this week, I end the season against 007 , who I would have beaten with the stat line I posted against Drizz last week. You look kind of locked into 8th, facing the best team in the league right out of the gate but that's just my opinion and I'd imagine Josh Jackson agrees with me.
          I beat 007 once. I should have beaten Skywalker one. Team Axel fears no one.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• That's a good attitude. Hopefully we both wipe the floor with 007 and Skywalker.

Comment

That's a good attitude. Hopefully we both wipe the floor with 007 and Skywalker.
              See ya at the Finals?

Comment

• With the Dame and Dirk trades the bar has been raised to the finals for me. I just need to avoid injuries and I'm going to give anyone I face a run for their money even without the Unicorn. See ya there.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  See ya at the Finals?
                  Don't be getting too far ahead of yourselves, after I take out the trash this week I'm going to be looking for my revenge on both of you...
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                    Don't be getting too far ahead of yourselves, after I take out the trash this week I'm going to be looking for my revenge on both of you...
                    Kind of harsh on tucas. I mean his team sucks, he has shitty picks, hasn't won this year, probably won't, free agency looks weak, with only Kaminski that I can see, but trash.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tucas has an asset he's not even using: cap space. If I was Tucas I'd have used that three years cap space to sign Patrick Beverly to a three year deal by now, which becomes a two year deal at the end of the playoffs. Or I'd use it on some rookie or sophomore who I think has some nice upside? No player naming on that topic though, the Creeds file that stuff as top secret.

Comment

• Oh and Miek, I see some top 100 guys hitting the market but then again this is coming from a guy(me) who's had mixed success at the auction.

Comment

• This is the second last week of the regular season... things are looking promising if Wall and Collison return for me next week. Still some position jockeying going on and the 8th and final playoff spot is still up for grabs. Good(but not much) Luck to all those that advance!

Comment

• Porzingis done for the year was bad enough. Now Fournier is down with an MCL sprain and JJ is out tonight with a "left knee injury". Both the Magic and Suns are in tank mode and both guys were playing well so I'll do the math and conclude my season is pretty much finished. It was a good ride though. I'll finish with a six win improvement on last year and a 12 win improvement from two years ago so I'm really happy with the progress.

Comment

• Heading down south for the break. My lineups are set for the week so I should be good. I kept Kawhi Leonard out late in the week as he may be back Thursday, but not being able to check in I will chance it and leave him out.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                                Heading down south for the break. My lineups are set for the week so I should be good. I kept Kawhi Leonard out late in the week as he may be back Thursday, but not being able to check in I will chance it and leave him out.
                                Might get lucky with kawhi for the playoffs, pop won't rest him because he needs him in game shape. Could really help your run.

Comment

Working...
                                X