This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    This isn’t a war; war implies two equal foes.

This is going to be a genocide of which Mack might not recover for several generations. His kids’ kids’ kids are going to be born with PTSD.
    You're right, I clearly hold the upper-hand - 6th place reg season to your 8th, 2 more wins and we just laid a drubbing on you a few weeks ago.

We'll let our game do the talking on the court and on the stat sheets.

Queue Achmel's sad face when he finishes 4th:

Comment

• Oh oh, Prince & The Revolution is planning to light up the Murphy bros. Someone warm up the burner and start mixing that pancake batter.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        You're right, I clearly hold the upper-hand - 6th place reg season to your 8th, 2 more wins and we just laid a drubbing on you a few weeks ago.

We'll let our game do the talking on the court and on the stat sheets.

Queue Achmel's sad face when he finishes 4th:
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Oh oh, Prince & The Revolution is planning to light up the Murphy bros. Someone warm up the burner and start mixing that pancake batter.
          Game. Blouses.

Called it.

Comment

• Yahoo has released their Top 75 heading into next year:

https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-19-fan...0903--spt.html
            https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-19-fan...0518--spt.html
            https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-19-fan...0524--spt.html

They're saying Patrick Beverly is a top 75 guy. He's the only person on the list who is a FA in our league. He would have been a really smart add for a lotto team with cap space.
            Last edited by Apollo; Tue Apr 3, 2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Yahoo has released their Top 75 heading into next year:

https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-19-fan...0903--spt.html
              https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-19-fan...0518--spt.html
              https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-19-fan...0524--spt.html

They're saying Patrick Beverly is a top 75 guy. He's the only person on the list who is a FA in our league. He would have been a really smart add for a lotto team with cap space.
              He's a great add if there were an IR slot. That fucker is always injured lol. I had to eat his contract because I had enough of his injuries.

Comment

• drizz wrote: View Post
                He's a great add if there were an IR slot. That fucker is always injured lol. I had to eat his contract because I had enough of his injuries.
                No doubt he's a risky play, I owned him once and dealt him away but if it's August 31st or RRBA draft day or the opening of the season and Bev is healthy, on a one year deal and all signs point to him being a starter? In my view anyway he's an asset worth a late pick at that point and all it cost was a roster slot and one year on the cap, which now is possibly returned post-trade. If I had my 2019 pick I might even flip it for a guy like Bev... Depending on how the draft falls and depending on who lands on the auction. As it stands I could see Bev going at the FA auction for >$100.

Comment

No doubt he's a risky play, I owned him once and dealt him away but if it's August 31st or RRBA draft day or the opening of the season and Bev is healthy, on a one year deal and all signs point to him being a starter? In my view anyway he's an asset worth a late pick at that point and all it cost was a roster slot and one year on the cap, which now is possibly returned post-trade. If I had my 2019 pick I might even flip it for a guy like Bev... Depending on how the draft falls and depending on who lands on the auction. As it stands I could see Bev going at the FA auction for >$100.
                  He went for $93 a few years back thanks to a bidding war between myself and, I think, Skywalker. This was before we started to see $200 bids so it was pretty insane to see at the time. Same year, I think only Thad Young went higher to Mack.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    He went for $93 a few years back thanks to a bidding war between myself and, I think, Skywalker. This was before we started to see $200 bids so it was pretty insane to see at the time. Same year, I think only Thad Young went higher to Mack.
                    Well some people knocked me for my Hardaway bid of $200 but he's closing the season in the top 90 so it wasn't a failure. I rolled the dice, I got a reward and I also paid the price at the WW at times but I knew that was coming. I don't know if I'll deploy the same tactic this year but last auction I really needed what Tim was bringing and at the positions he was eligible to play. Its possible this year that I go for a diamond in the rough again and save my money. There will be less max money teams this year as well and so we might see a more conservative auction again, who knows. Has anyone took a look at the possible free agent list?

Comment

Well some people knocked me for my Hardaway bid of $200 but he's closing the season in the top 90 so it wasn't a failure. I rolled the dice, I got a reward and I also paid the price at the WW at times but I knew that was coming. I don't know if I'll deploy the same tactic this year but last auction I really needed what Tim was bringing and at the positions he was eligible to play. Its possible this year that I go for a diamond in the rough again and save my money. There will be less max money teams this year as well and so we might see a more conservative auction again, who knows. Has anyone took a look at the possible free agent list?
                      hardaway was a good get for now. i don't think he will be a top 100 guy as the knicks get deeper. he seems like a perennial 6th man type guy, not a starting 2.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        hardaway was a good get for now. i don't think he will be a top 100 guy as the knicks get deeper. he seems like a perennial 6th man type guy, not a starting 2.
                        I was only looking for a two year window. I had a team full of lotto tickets.

Anyway, he might produce more efficient numbers in a sixth man role. That's not happening in the next year or two though. Look at that contract, he's getting a long leash and is productive.

Comment

• Vucevic sits out tonight to help drive the tank...not the most ideal time for it to happen
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I know it came up last year but what was the reason for not shortening the regular season by one game? Lots of guys are getting rest this week.

Comment

I know it came up last year but what was the reason for not shortening the regular season by one game? Lots of guys are getting rest this week.
                              Was it a Yahoo thing? I agree that it should be shortened if possible.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                Was it a Yahoo thing? I agree that it should be shortened if possible.
                                Or was it a Joey ain’t a playoff team thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X