X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jclaw wrote: View Post
    We're number 2!

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/12/nb...ptors-warriors

BTW...gotta give SI credit for poking fun at themselves every time they move Demar's team up the rankings
    I love the love from SI, but Raps ahead of Warriors? Crazy talk.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I love the love from SI, but Raps ahead of Warriors? Crazy talk.
      I mean, it is a power rankings, and the Warriors are 3-3 in their last six. It makes sense to drop them behind the Raps, who are on fire right now
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        I mean, it is a power rankings, and the Warriors are 3-3 in their last six. It makes sense to drop them behind the Raps, who are on fire right now
        I heard the Raptors have won their last 5 by 20+ points and don't even need to play starters in the 4th quarters anymore.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

That's the thing that's not always clear about power rankings. I interpret it as "the ranking of the best teams to date", and Raps are a legit 3rd.

Sure, you could just look at the overall standings, but that wouldn't take strength-of-schedule, injuries, trades, etc. into account.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            I heard the Raptors have won their last 5 by 20+ points and don't even need to play starters in the 4th quarters anymore.
            I heard the raptors are 9 feet tall and shoot lightning bolts out of their arse
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

That's the thing that's not always clear about power rankings. I interpret it as "the ranking of the best teams to date", and Raps are a legit 3rd.

Sure, you could just look at the overall standings, but that wouldn't take strength-of-schedule, injuries, trades, etc. into account.
              NBA power rankings are about as scientific as the RR post-game Quick Reaction grades.

Comment

Every ranking weighs things differently. I prefer the ones that put a greater weight on overall season like you. Raptors should never be ahead of Warriors basically

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  NBA power rankings are about as scientific as the RR post-game Quick Reaction grades.
                  However, 97% of scientists agree that the Raptors are not better than the Warriors.

Comment

Didn't realize Utah won 9 in a row. I guess they are Mike Conley as well

Comment

Power rankings are basically who's hottest right now, with some adjustments for who is playing above their heads and who is playing below their potential. That's why they fluctuate so much week-to-week. If it was an overall ranking there wouldn't be nearly so much movement.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I was gonna ridicule the strength of schedule, then realized in the streak they beat us in Toronto, beat Spurs in Texas, and beat Golden State. Huh.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, they've been tearing it up since Gobert came back, they're right in the playoff hunt now
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I was gonna ridicule the strength of schedule, then realized in the streak they beat us in Toronto, beat Spurs in Texas, and beat Golden State. Huh.
                            Yeah, they've been smacking teams around. I feel less bad about the narrow loss we had against them with that context in mind.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I heard the raptors are 9 feet tall and shoot lightning bolts out of their arse
                              You may take our ranking, but you'll never take our fandom!

Comment

Yeah, they've been tearing it up since Gobert came back, they're right in the playoff hunt now
                                All thats standing between them and a playoff slot are the Boogie-less Pelicans and the Doc Rivers led Clips....

You have to like Utah to get there
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X