Game #13: Toronto Raptors 129 - Houston Rockets 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it sounds like Lowry's a tad skeptical of the new approach.
    Well I think Lowry has been skeptical of pretty much anything that involves Casey's coaching, basically since the Washington series.

Comment

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it sounds like Lowry's a tad skeptical of the new approach.
      Maybe jinx conscious? I am glad they put on a good off. show...but the playoffs as we know is where defense gets ratcheted up. Besides, we are not yet at the qtr. pole. I shall start getting excited when Jan/18 comes around and they have gone head to head with this style against more of the better teams. That game against the Celtics was atrocious eg.

Comment

Yeah I didn't read that initially, because it echoes my thoughts on it - I'm not convinced that the "culture reset" will produce better playoff results either through abandonment of it when the chips get down or it just being equally as effective as their current offense.

That said, you'd expect the players to at least pretend to the media and be like "Yes, this will definitely get us the results we're looking for" and show some confidence in it. So yeah, you're right he sounds skeptical.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Well I think Lowry has been skeptical of pretty much anything that involves Casey's coaching, basically since the Washington series.
          I think it's way, way deeper than that. See Houston: 'Either coach (who happens to be one of the greatest basketball players of all time) goes, or I (who happens to be a career backup who's never done f-all in the league and can't stay on the floor due to injuries) go.'
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

From all accounts, Lowry's been pretty skeptical of pretty much anybody with authority since childhood. That's just who he is, I think he fancies himself the smartest guy in the room more often than not. There's pros and cons to that personality, and it's been the catalyst to bringing our franchise to this point for better or worse
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

There's undeniable reported evidence that Lowry and Case aren't on the same page and haven't been for at least a year+
              "Culture change" - ball movement/finding the open man/getting more players involved than just Kyle and DeMar iso plays isn't the same as jacking up poor percentage threes all game. This is a work in progress.

I miss Lowry bulldogging his way to the tin and putting that ball high up and in off glass and always landing on his azz; he seemed to never miss those when he was determined to get his. But I DO want the ball movement and uptempo play with more players involved than just 2. Kyle's points will suffer but his game will elevate others. He's not exactly having to play for a contract now.
              Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Nov 15, 2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Washington Post with a feature on the Raptors offense culture reset? That's pretty high profile. Fake news?
                Tim Bontemps actually does a great job covering the nba and he tends to have a balanced view of the raptors.

Comment

Working...
                X