Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valanciunas needs to come off the bench.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Moving Jv to the bench effects our best unit. It gets more and more obvious by the game how expendable he is. How he just doesn't fit the make up of this team. Jv is averaging a career low in minutes(20.2), because we just have better options at his position. Like I've said id rather have Mirotic starting next to Ibaka for 20 mins a game. Get to play Ibaka at 5 which helps his game on O and D. Mirotic adds floor spacing, he has team option for next year. Get a shooter for a couple months and cap relieve in the summer if it doesn't workout. Still able to keep the bench together as well.
    Mirotic and Ibaka is worse defensivrly thsn JV and Ibaka. If they trade JV they need to get a player they can waive. Adding any veteran will kill playing time for the young guys. There is no position or role that doesnt have youth looking for minutes - 3-D, ball handling, big, forward etc

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Mirotic and Ibaka is worse defensivrly thsn JV and Ibaka. If they trade JV they need to get a player they can waive. Adding any veteran will kill playing time for the young guys. There is no position or role that doesnt have youth looking for minutes - 3-D, ball handling, big, forward etc
      Did you miss the part where I said he has a team option for next year? Raps could take his 12.5 mill off the books this summer. Ibaka/Mirotic is better defensively. Bulls have actually been better with Niko on the floor. He has positive net rating on his team. Same cant be said about JV. Swaping one role player for another.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Dec 6, 2017, 12:38 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Did you miss the part where I said he has a team option for next year? Raps could take his 12.5 mill off the books this summer. Ibaka/Mirotic is not better defensively. Bulls have actually been better with Niko on the floor. He has positive net rating on his team. Same cant be said about JV. Swaping one role player for another.

Cant give Casey an expiring, he overplays them at the expense of better, younger options. Rather get Mirotic and waive or flip. If they trade JV, they shouldnt expect a player to play this year at all, there are logjams everywhere

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Cant give Casey an expiring, he overplays them at the expense of better, younger options. Rather get Mirotic and waive or flip. If they trade JV, they shouldnt expect a player to play this year at all, there are logjams everywhere
          That's a terrible arguement.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

That's a terrible arguement.

But its true, they whole point of trading JV is to free minutes for OG, Poetl and Pascal at the forward spots. Adding another forward that expects to play just negates that, esp. a no defence shooter. Casey loves them as much for "spacing" as much as over dribbling guard play

Comment

• What good does taking that money off in the summer actually do other than saving us luxury tax payments?

Comment

• Mirotic is so bad I want nothing to do with him. We literally have no need for him. Any trade involving JV has to be for a borderline star or a salary dump, I don’t want a veteran coming in and taking minutes from the guys we would be doing this to give minutes to.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  What good does taking that money off in the summer actually do other than saving us luxury tax payments?
                  If the organization does not want to pay tax, then this is a way to avoid that now before the summer hits. I'm under the premise that the organization does not want to pay tax either this year or next.

Maury wrote: View Post
                  Mirotic is so bad I want nothing to do with him. We literally have no need for him. Any trade involving JV has to be for a borderline star or a salary dump, I don’t want a veteran coming in and taking minutes from the guys we would be doing this to give minutes to.
                  He's not "bad". He's medicore. Doesn't move the dial much but neither does JV.. not when JV is only playing 20mpg and doesn't finish games. He won't really take minutes from anyone. Gives Siakam more time with the starters and less with the bench. Give Mirotic more time with the bench and less time with the starters. Plus he has a team option so can get from under his contract easily. Or use him in a trade for a star if one becomes available in the summer. Mirotic+Powell for Jordan/Gasol for example might be more enticing than JV+Powell for Jordan/Gasol. Mirotic can be waived by June 29th.. so Masai can make a trade at the draft and the Clippers/Grizzlies (for example) could shed $$$ real quick if they want.

Comment

What good does taking that money off in the summer actually do other than saving us luxury tax payments?
                    You realize there's penalties beyond "costs owners money" right? Like ones that can handcuff your basketball operations?

To me it's not worth it being in the tax until you're in the top tier conversation for a title, JUUUUSST below it, or some other rare exceptions where you really need to keep core members together because you believe you'll be there soon. None of those apply to us.

Dallas fans are interested in trading Noel for JV. We would want to swindle more from them seeing as he's a DNP-CD right now. Much higher defensive ceiling, fits into what we're doing, opens up cap wiggle room now and in the future, and gives more minutes to center Serge, Poeltl, Siakam.

I hated the idea a few months ago. Starting to come around to it now
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• ok let me rephrase.

I don't give a FUCK about MLSE saving money or not. And neither should anyone else. Most of you use Bell or Rogers, no? They make enough money.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        You realize there's penalties beyond "costs owners money" right? Like ones that can handcuff your basketball operations?

To me it's not worth it being in the tax until you're in the top tier conversation for a title, JUUUUSST below it, or some other rare exceptions where you really need to keep core members together because you believe you'll be there soon. None of those apply to us.

Dallas fans are interested in trading Noel for JV. We would want to swindle more from them seeing as he's a DNP-CD right now. Much higher defensive ceiling, fits into what we're doing, opens up cap wiggle room now and in the future, and gives more minutes to center Serge, Poeltl, Siakam.

I hated the idea a few months ago. Starting to come around to it now
                        This team's window, with this expensive core, is like three years at most. This is the time to go into the tax, if ever.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          This team's window, with this expensive core, is like three years at most. This is the time to go into the tax, if ever.
                          This, we shouldn't be pussyfooting about and counting pennies. They need to spend and maximize this core.

Trading JV for an expiring is actually really fucking stupid now that I think about it, because that's 15M+ that we can't use as a trade ballast next year.

Comment

• If you're trading him for an expiring you need to be getting picks that have some actual value to be used later. If not you need to get a player who can help us more right now.

Just trading him for Mirotic straight up like Christian wants would be moronic.

Comment

This, we shouldn't be pussyfooting about and counting pennies. They need to spend and maximize this core.

Trading JV for an expiring is actually really fucking stupid now that I think about it, because that's 15M+ that we can't use as a trade ballast next year.
                              To me there are two acceptable and possible trade scenarios. Trade JV with some prospect value for a similar costing but better fitting player (I think this is unlikely this season, but possible in the off-season after proofing this version of the team, giving Poeltl another year under his belt, and freeing up future picks). Or, trade JV and Norm in the summer for a star player, with plenty of assets going the other way (picks, prospects, etc).

Any version of salary dump is mostly just cheaping out unless the team is in love with another MLE player (who I think they would have a hard time replicating JV's usefulness with, unlike Carroll); and any dream of a significant draft asset return is just that - a dream.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                To me there are two acceptable and possible trade scenarios. Trade JV with some prospect value for a similar costing but better fitting player (I think this is unlikely this season, but possible in the off-season after proofing this version of the team, giving Poeltl another year under his belt, and freeing up future picks). Or, trade JV and Norm in the summer for a star player, with plenty of assets going the other way (picks, prospects, etc).

Any version of salary dump is mostly just cheaping out unless the team is in love with another MLE player (who I think they would have a hard time replicating JV's usefulness with, unlike Carroll); and any dream of a significant draft asset return is just that - a dream.
                                This is where I go ehhh....10 pts 7 reb with below average defense, and dropping. JV looks like the game is speeding around him, younger guys coming up behind him, and confidence dropping by the day. Maybe I'm reading too much into the last couple weeks hurting his confidence and he'll start to bounce back later, but "Playoffs vs Pacers" JV? He seems like he's further and further away until he's a distant sight right now
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X