Likes Likes:  115
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 234

Thread: Raptors in the Media: Share Stories, Articles & Videos you find on our Raps

  1. #141
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,726
    Likes (Given)
    894
    Likes (Received)
    1157

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    ESPN guys are going bonkers right now over the Heat. SAS just picked them as a darkhorse team to upset one of the top teams in the East come playoff time lol.
    Well...I guess that’s that then.....Screaming A has spoken..

    and this weeks newest Dark horse team ..till they lose a few on this road trip ...has supplanted the Sixers, The Bucks, The Pacers as previous teams that would knock off one of the top teams in the east in the playoffs.......Smith must believe his audience has the attention span of a six year old...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jan 11th, 2018 at 02:20 PM.

  2. #142
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,726
    Likes (Given)
    894
    Likes (Received)
    1157

    Default

    Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    They have um ranked #4 in the Power Rankings.... with nice comments.

    How much more do you need for what is STILL a super fragile fringe contender???
    An unlimited tab at my local....

  3. #143
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,456
    Likes (Given)
    2911
    Likes (Received)
    4882

    Default

    Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Well...I guess that’s that then.....Screaming A has spoken..

    and this weeks newest Dark horse team ..till they lose a few on this road trip ...has supplanted the Sixers, The Bucks, The Pacers as previous teams that would knock off one of the top teams in the east in the playoffs.......Smith must believe his audience has the attention span of a six year old...
    Yeah what an idiot. Obviously his audience has the attention span of a 7 year old
    #WhiteHouseDown

  4. #144
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,456
    Likes (Given)
    2911
    Likes (Received)
    4882

    Default

    From Reddit:

    I’m a Nets fan but I’ve always liked Derozan so I respect the Raptors despite being in the same division. I just want to say that it pisses me the disrespect they get. I was just watching ESPN and they mentioned the Cavs game and a guy said the Raptors are surprisingly good and you probably won’t agree with me but they have a chance of making the ECF. No shit they do! They’re the 2 seed and are 17-4 in their last 21. They acted like it was blasphemy that the 2 seed raptors can make the final 2 in the east. I just wanted to get that out. Good luck tonight!
    #WhiteHouseDown

  5. #145
    Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,109
    Likes (Given)
    1030
    Likes (Received)
    957

    Default

    Another one leading up to tonight's game. Great title

    https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/11/1...us-shadow-team

  6. #146
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    4,999
    Likes (Given)
    475
    Likes (Received)
    1426

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    From Reddit:
    Nice to read that from a fan, but I think after years and years we here all know the story, nothing will change. Look at todays coverage of last nights game... Toronto didn't win, Cleveland lost. They don't even use Toronto's name in the headlines. Canada is bad business in the US, it was after GW Jr. Screamed "Buy American" and it will be worse with Trump in control.

  7. #147
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    7,898
    Likes (Given)
    2088
    Likes (Received)
    1839

    Default

    Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Nice to read that from a fan, but I think after years and years we here all know the story, nothing will change. Look at todays coverage of last nights game... Toronto didn't win, Cleveland lost. They don't even use Toronto's name in the headlines. Canada is bad business in the US, it was after GW Jr. Screamed "Buy American" and it will be worse with Trump in control.
    Yup.

  8. #148
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    12,027
    Likes (Given)
    5431
    Likes (Received)
    4523

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    From Reddit:
    Pffft, that wasn't a Nets fan. That was Christian.

  9. #149
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4,277
    Likes (Given)
    2847
    Likes (Received)
    758

    Default

    Damn it's a good time to be a Raps fan.

  10. #150
    Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,109
    Likes (Given)
    1030
    Likes (Received)
    957

    Default

    Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Damn it's a good time to be a Raps fan.
    It really is. I remember thinking back in the 2013-14 crazy season (Sacramento trade/Lowry no trade/crazy run to the playoffs) that as fun as it was, it was a bit bittersweet because it would never be that again. We would eventually get desensitized to winning and things would be good but never as good as that. This is making it feel like 2014 all over again. There's a Madonna quote in there somewhere but I'm going to leave it alone.

  11. #151
    Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,109
    Likes (Given)
    1030
    Likes (Received)
    957

    Default

    FWIW...the national media is definitely picking up. Tim Bontemps covers basketball well. He's based out of the washington post but seems to dot around the country to be at wherever the big games are. He was here to cover the last two games in Toronto (and wrote pretty good stories for each...that's where the early NBA reply about replay came from)

  12. #152
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    434
    Likes (Given)
    136
    Likes (Received)
    88

    Default

    I hope the big internet monopolies aren't monitoring us because I'm about to mention the Balls. Only to say that for amusement sake I was about to click on the ESPN item how the Ball brothers didn't score in their second game in Lithuania. Then I thought.....well every time someone clicks on an article they register it and that would encourage more of the nonsense. Good to know Lithuania is treating them like they deserve though. A lot of big bruisers in that league apparently. Like our friendly giant

  13. #153
    Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,109
    Likes (Given)
    1030
    Likes (Received)
    957

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    FWIW...the national media is definitely picking up. Tim Bontemps covers basketball well. He's based out of the washington post but seems to dot around the country to be at wherever the big games are. He was here to cover the last two games in Toronto (and wrote pretty good stories for each...that's where the early NBA reply about replay came from)
    A supporting tweet


  14. Likes 3inthekeon liked this post
  15. #154
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4,277
    Likes (Given)
    2847
    Likes (Received)
    758

    Default

    Man this place is dead. Have people finally realized that we're really, genuinely good and therefore have nothing left to talk about?

  16. #155
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,456
    Likes (Given)
    2911
    Likes (Received)
    4882

    Default

    Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Man this place is dead. Have people finally realized that we're really, genuinely good and therefore have nothing left to talk about?
    This thread, or this forum? I agree to both.
    #WhiteHouseDown

  17. #156
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,099
    Likes (Given)
    1205
    Likes (Received)
    1884

    Default

    People like to talk when things are going badly.. just the way it is.

    Right now:

    DD is shooting 3's and has become way more efficient
    JV is playing defense
    Casey is playing kids over vets
    We're not playing ISO ball
    Lowry is averaging less than 33mpg and is healthy
    Offense and Defense are in top 5

    In the meantime as well the Cavs are imploding, the Celtics are coming back to earth and the Warriors are going to win it all anyway.

  18. #157
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,456
    Likes (Given)
    2911
    Likes (Received)
    4882

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    People like to talk when things are going badly.. just the way it is.

    Right now:

    DD is shooting 3's and has become way more efficient
    JV is playing defense
    Casey is playing kids over vets
    We're not playing ISO ball
    Lowry is averaging less than 33mpg and is healthy
    Offense and Defense are in top 5

    In the meantime as well the Cavs are imploding, the Celtics are coming back to earth and the Warriors are going to win it all anyway.
    The forum is also just less active than ever before since I joined. I blame reddit
    #WhiteHouseDown

  19. #158
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,263
    Likes (Given)
    1006
    Likes (Received)
    1235

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    The forum is also just less active than ever before since I joined. I blame reddit
    Maybe too many of us are making flawless posts that just can't be argued.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

  20. #159
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,456
    Likes (Given)
    2911
    Likes (Received)
    4882

    Default

    Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Maybe too many of us are making flawless posts that just can't be argued.
    Too Much Perfection.

    Good theory.

    Sometimes I wonder what happened to McHappy

    #WhiteHouseDown

  21. #160
    Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,109
    Likes (Given)
    1030
    Likes (Received)
    957

    Default

    The main flaw is that the genesis of this thread was to collate the emerging stories about "how the Raptors are good and you didn't know about it". There's no natural lead to the I'm right/ No, I'm right dribble of posts that are the lifeblood of many threads. There's that, and also, the secret is out

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •