Likes Likes:  85
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Game #38 Toronto Raptors 114 - Brooklyn Nets 113

Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    To be fair, the idea of an all-bench unit with FVV-Powell as the backcourt is making me a little squeamish
    Good point. Starting Fred wouldn't be a bad idea. As long as he doesn't try to be Lowry
    OG is our king

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    It’s not an easy answer eh? Plenty of permutations. Nice problem to have in that we are usually in a position to hold onto the lead to close out the game.

I hope Norms epiphany comes soon...I think he’s the key to how they approach who sees the floor to nail it down.
    It's a very easy answer. Don't play FVV in the clutch. Problem solved! Basically every permutation works if you take him out of the lineup.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    Good point. Starting Fred wouldn't be a bad idea. As long as he doesn't try to be Lowry
    OMG no, it would be a very bad idea.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    OMG no, it would be a very bad idea.
    Delon starting would end up leaving Fred to spearhead the bench unit by himself. That sounds scarier to me
    OG is our king

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post

Just bring him back in 100% health, not 50% just so we can say how brave he is playing ineffectively through the pain

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Delon starting would end up leaving Fred to spearhead the bench unit by himself. That sounds scarier to me
    As it has ever been over the past few years, the Raptors need to stop worrying about their bench units so much and focus on playing their best players against the opposition's best players.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As it has ever been over the past few years, the Raptors need to stop worrying about their bench units so much and focus on playing their best players against the opposition's best players.
    Yeah good point. Thinking of pudgy little Fred going up against Dragic sounds horrible
    OG is our king

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At the rate fred is getting promoted he might be VP of basketball operations by april
    #WhiteHouseDown

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

People forget that until this year, the bench hardly saw the floor and the last 2-3 guys almost never saw the floor unless true garbage time ie Bruno time

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's funny how it's so clear Fred shouldn't be closing close games and stats prove that but Casey will ride with him until the end. It happens every year with at least one player no matter how much it doesn't work. I'm not even going to waste my time hoping Dwane stops closing with Fred. He's going to close with him until we lose a couple games in the playoffs. Just watch.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    At the rate fred is getting promoted he might be VP of basketball operations by april
    When FVV takes over Casey's job, even he won't be playing himself so much, so at least there's that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    It's funny how it's so clear Fred shouldn't be closing close games and stats prove that but Casey will ride with him until the end. It happens every year with at least one player no matter how much it doesn't work. I'm not even going to waste my time hoping Dwane stops closing with Fred. He's going to close with him until we lose a couple games in the playoffs. Just watch.
    He does seem to get one early season rotation idea in his head that he just hangs onto for too long (Scola, Siakam, FVV). Sometimes he does adjust those by midseason, so here's to hoping.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's a very easy answer. Don't play FVV in the clutch. Problem solved! Basically every permutation works if you take him out of the lineup.
    Did Freddy do something to you in a past life ... ?

Freddy has his warts but along with those warts.....he is mentally tough, doesn't fluster, has a good bball IQ and is consistent in what he brings every night. Coaches love that.

FWIW.. I'd like to see Norm step up and take those minutes from Fred but Norm hasn't done that. Until he finds his game.... your nemesis is going to make regular appearances down the stretch.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jan 9th, 2018 at 03:31 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But the bench unit spearheaded by FFV was competent when Delon was out earlier in the year (but is unquestionably better with Wright). They'll be fine playing against other bench units. Powell's best stretch of the season was when he returned and was playing off the bench alongside FVV while Wright was still out, then his game kinda disappeared once he got pushed to third ball-handler on the bench unit. Might be a good opportunity for him to find his game again as well.

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not arguing for Fred in the clutch, but those clutch stats that "prove" it doesn't work, prove little.They do show it hasn't worked well,

Posted the other day the best clutch team in the NBA are the Sacramento Kings. Do those stats "prove" they're clutch? Will they be clutch the rest of the year? Or is is there a ton of randomness/ noise/small sample there?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Not arguing for Fred in the clutch, but those clutch stats that "prove" it doesn't work, prove little.They do show it hasn't worked well,

Posted the other day the best clutch team in the NBA are the Sacramento Kings. Do those stats "prove" they're clutch? Will they be clutch the rest of the year? Or is is there a ton of randomness/ noise/small sample there?
    The Kings suck on paper so them being a "clutch" team statistically will rightfully draw skepticism.

FVV closing with the starters sucks on paper AND it sucks statistically compared to our other options so no, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt here.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Game day
    Game Day!
    Win it for Kyle

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread Information