Likes Likes:  85
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
Results 441 to 457 of 457

Thread: Game #38 Toronto Raptors 114 - Brooklyn Nets 113

  1. #441
    Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,642
    Likes (Given)
    1792
    Likes (Received)
    1931

    Default

    Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    To be fair, the idea of an all-bench unit with FVV-Powell as the backcourt is making me a little squeamish
    Good point. Starting Fred wouldn't be a bad idea. As long as he doesn't try to be Lowry
    OG is our king

  2. #442
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    13,070
    Likes (Given)
    3813
    Likes (Received)
    7733

    Default

    Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    It’s not an easy answer eh? Plenty of permutations. Nice problem to have in that we are usually in a position to hold onto the lead to close out the game.

    I hope Norms epiphany comes soon...I think he’s the key to how they approach who sees the floor to nail it down.
    It's a very easy answer. Don't play FVV in the clutch. Problem solved! Basically every permutation works if you take him out of the lineup.

  3. #443
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    13,070
    Likes (Given)
    3813
    Likes (Received)
    7733

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    Good point. Starting Fred wouldn't be a bad idea. As long as he doesn't try to be Lowry
    OMG no, it would be a very bad idea.

  4. #444
    Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,642
    Likes (Given)
    1792
    Likes (Received)
    1931

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    OMG no, it would be a very bad idea.
    Delon starting would end up leaving Fred to spearhead the bench unit by himself. That sounds scarier to me
    OG is our king

  5. #445
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,452
    Likes (Given)
    20
    Likes (Received)
    184

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post

    Just bring him back in 100% health, not 50% just so we can say how brave he is playing ineffectively through the pain

  6. #446
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    13,070
    Likes (Given)
    3813
    Likes (Received)
    7733

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    Delon starting would end up leaving Fred to spearhead the bench unit by himself. That sounds scarier to me
    As it has ever been over the past few years, the Raptors need to stop worrying about their bench units so much and focus on playing their best players against the opposition's best players.

  7. #447
    Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,642
    Likes (Given)
    1792
    Likes (Received)
    1931

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    As it has ever been over the past few years, the Raptors need to stop worrying about their bench units so much and focus on playing their best players against the opposition's best players.
    Yeah good point. Thinking of pudgy little Fred going up against Dragic sounds horrible
    OG is our king

  8. #448
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,189
    Likes (Given)
    2847
    Likes (Received)
    4742

    Default

    At the rate fred is getting promoted he might be VP of basketball operations by april
    #WhiteHouseDown

  9. #449
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,452
    Likes (Given)
    20
    Likes (Received)
    184

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    As it has ever been over the past few years, the Raptors need to stop worrying about their bench units so much and focus on playing their best players against the opposition's best players.
    People forget that until this year, the bench hardly saw the floor and the last 2-3 guys almost never saw the floor unless true garbage time ie Bruno time

  10. #450
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    12,363
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    875

    Default

    It's funny how it's so clear Fred shouldn't be closing close games and stats prove that but Casey will ride with him until the end. It happens every year with at least one player no matter how much it doesn't work. I'm not even going to waste my time hoping Dwane stops closing with Fred. He's going to close with him until we lose a couple games in the playoffs. Just watch.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

  11. #451
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,597
    Likes (Given)
    785
    Likes (Received)
    2521

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    At the rate fred is getting promoted he might be VP of basketball operations by april
    When FVV takes over Casey's job, even he won't be playing himself so much, so at least there's that.

  12. #452
    Raptors Republic Veteran S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,274
    Likes (Given)
    2918
    Likes (Received)
    3584

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    It's funny how it's so clear Fred shouldn't be closing close games and stats prove that but Casey will ride with him until the end. It happens every year with at least one player no matter how much it doesn't work. I'm not even going to waste my time hoping Dwane stops closing with Fred. He's going to close with him until we lose a couple games in the playoffs. Just watch.
    He does seem to get one early season rotation idea in his head that he just hangs onto for too long (Scola, Siakam, FVV). Sometimes he does adjust those by midseason, so here's to hoping.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

  13. #453
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,629
    Likes (Given)
    877
    Likes (Received)
    1134

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    It's a very easy answer. Don't play FVV in the clutch. Problem solved! Basically every permutation works if you take him out of the lineup.
    Did Freddy do something to you in a past life ... ?

    Freddy has his warts but along with those warts.....he is mentally tough, doesn't fluster, has a good bball IQ and is consistent in what he brings every night. Coaches love that.

    FWIW.. I'd like to see Norm step up and take those minutes from Fred but Norm hasn't done that. Until he finds his game.... your nemesis is going to make regular appearances down the stretch.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jan 9th, 2018 at 03:31 PM.

  14. #454
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,228
    Likes (Given)
    444
    Likes (Received)
    841

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    Delon starting would end up leaving Fred to spearhead the bench unit by himself. That sounds scarier to me
    But the bench unit spearheaded by FFV was competent when Delon was out earlier in the year (but is unquestionably better with Wright). They'll be fine playing against other bench units. Powell's best stretch of the season was when he returned and was playing off the bench alongside FVV while Wright was still out, then his game kinda disappeared once he got pushed to third ball-handler on the bench unit. Might be a good opportunity for him to find his game again as well.

  15. #455
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,263
    Likes (Given)
    1006
    Likes (Received)
    1235

    Default

    Not arguing for Fred in the clutch, but those clutch stats that "prove" it doesn't work, prove little.They do show it hasn't worked well,

    Posted the other day the best clutch team in the NBA are the Sacramento Kings. Do those stats "prove" they're clutch? Will they be clutch the rest of the year? Or is is there a ton of randomness/ noise/small sample there?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

  16. #456
    Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    8,405
    Likes (Given)
    804
    Likes (Received)
    1504

    Default

    Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Not arguing for Fred in the clutch, but those clutch stats that "prove" it doesn't work, prove little.They do show it hasn't worked well,

    Posted the other day the best clutch team in the NBA are the Sacramento Kings. Do those stats "prove" they're clutch? Will they be clutch the rest of the year? Or is is there a ton of randomness/ noise/small sample there?
    The Kings suck on paper so them being a "clutch" team statistically will rightfully draw skepticism.

    FVV closing with the starters sucks on paper AND it sucks statistically compared to our other options so no, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt here.

  17. #457
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,452
    Likes (Given)
    20
    Likes (Received)
    184

    Default

    Game day
    Game Day!
    Win it for Kyle

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •