Game #38 Toronto Raptors 114 - Brooklyn Nets 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #38 Toronto Raptors 114 - Brooklyn Nets 113

After a very satisfying win over the Milwaukee Bucks, the Raptors head to Brooklyn to face a feisty Nets team, who scraped out a win against the Timberwolves on Wednesday. They will face the Celtics today before the game against the Raptors on Monday.

PROJECTED STARTERS

KEYS TO THE GAME

Tighten Up: Yes, the Raptors won comfortably in the end, and yes, that 3rd quarter was amazing, but the Bucks still shot 53% from the field last game. The Raptors need to make sure they're locked in defensively for the full 48 minutes, because you can't rely on JV having another 20 point quarter.

Crush: This is the first game of a back-to-back, with the second half being a date with the Miami Heat, who have won 4 or their last 5 games. If the Raptors are able to wrap this game up early, like they did last night, that will be a big boost for the Miami game.

Tune Up: These next two games will be key for the Raptors, as they will want to have all the momentum they can heading into a murderous six game stretch: Cleveland and Golden State at home, Philadelphia on the road, home to Detroit and a back-to-back of San Antonio at home and Minnesota on the road. With that looming large in front of them, grabbing a W in Brooklyn is a must.

LET'S GO RAPS!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

F Brooklyn?

Comment

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        F Brooklyn?
        Nah

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          Amazing. One other thing that really sticks out is just how bad an idea it was to get Rudy to bulk up. Season over season the exact same lineup dropped almost 22 points in Net Rating.

Comment

I hadn't realized how brutal that upcoming 6 game stretch will be. Being the modern NBA lets hope that lots of the stars are resting or on minute restrictions and that the Raptor's youth and home advantage will help carry the day. Going 3/3 would be acceptable.

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
              I hadn't realized how brutal that upcoming 6 game stretch will be. Being the modern NBA lets hope that lots of the stars are resting or on minute restrictions and that the Raptor's youth and home advantage will help carry the day. Going 3/3 would be acceptable.
              I don't want the other teams' stars at anything less than 100%. Victories are much sweeter when we beat the other team at their best.

Comment

Well true enough. It would also let Paul Pierce and the rest call them fake wins.

Comment

Concussions are fucking scary

Comment

Concussions are fucking scary

Awful. Elbow right to the temple from a 7 footer.

Reminds me a bit, one of the guys (somebody from the sidelines, can't remember who - not a player) got one or two busted vertebrae when a player crashed into him + fell on him at the Malice at the Palace. NBA players are so huge, incidental contact can literally break things.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Prayers to DeRozan & his family

DeMar DeRozan is playing the best basketball of his life — with a heavy heart.

The Raptors star was recently given permission to fly home between games to visit with his ailing father, Frank, who is struggling with kidney disease.

DeRozan took an overnight red-eye flight from Los Angeles prior to the Raptors recent game against Atlanta, showed up uncharacteristically late for shootaround that morning, and in the four games since is averaging 33 points a game, which includes his career and franchise high of 52 points against Milwaukee last Monday.

Normally it doesn’t take a lot to motivate the self-motivated DeRozan. But those who know him best have seen a difference in him as his father’s health has deteriorated.

Comment

Prayers to DeRozan & his family
                        Where did you find this article?
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                          Where did you find this article?
                          http://torontosun.com/sports/basketb...horntons-beard

Comment

Thanks!
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I had no idea about Derozen and what he has been going through. Really makes u think what's really going on in players lives when they go into slumps or streaks. All the best to his father.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X