No announcement yet.

Game #38 Toronto Raptors 114 - Brooklyn Nets 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barring injury, I don't see the point of making an incremental-type trade for the playoffs. The team's playing as well as it possibly can. The overall rotation's solid. And, super flexible - we can play basically any style we want. I suppose that a shooting big off the bench is the one thing we lack - but if we get one and we play them, we're taking minutes from Yak and Siakam, and there'd be a drop in the defence and energy, so you might be looking at a net loss there.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Barring injury, I don't see the point of making an incremental-type trade for the playoffs. The team's playing as well as it possibly can. The overall rotation's solid. And, super flexible - we can play basically any style we want. I suppose that a shooting big off the bench is the one thing we lack - but if we get one and we play them, we're taking minutes from Yak and Siakam, and there'd be a drop in the defence and energy, so you might be looking at a net loss there.
      Yep, we got an asset on the bench that just got a new contract and doing nothing so we got to get Norm going. Also we have to utilize Miles better, get the man more minutes where he isn't a defensive liability ( pairing him up with OG) and he can get more open and comfortable looks from the three instead of the chaos shots he is doing lately.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Lately I have been just fascinated with the way Delon been handling the rock. When he gets the ball at the top of the key it's hard to guess what exactly he is going to do with it.Either attack the basket with his jerky slow but quick pace which makes the defender dumbfounded how he got by him so easily. Pass it to the open man who is cutting to the basket or hit a 3. Wright hasn't played much in this league and he is just scratching the surface. He is often being compared to Livinston but I think Wright will be better then he was.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Lately I have been just fascinated with the way Delon been handling the rock. When he gets the ball at the top of the key it's hard to guess what exactly he is going to do with it.Either attack the basket with his jerky slow but quick pace which make the defender dumbfounded how he got by him. Pass it to the open man who is cutting to the basket or hit a 3. Wright hasn't played much in this league and he is just scratching the surface. He is often being compared to Livinston but I think Wright will be better then he was.
            I watched Livingston a bit but I don't remember him being this fast. Wright is really fast with the ball, his man is nowhere near him by the time he's slicing through the key.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Is it crazy to think that Wright is a lot like Rondo was pre-ACL injury? Rondo got to play with HOFers and in an era when 3pt shooting isn't as important as it is now. But they play the game the same way.

I am hopeful that Wright learns to shooter better than Rondo, but they are both quick, smart, and exceptionally good on defense. Delon is bigger (6'5 instead of 6'1) but has a shorter wingspan (6'6 instead of 6'9). But if we need a similarity I like this one more than Livingston.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                I watched Livingston a bit but I don't remember him being this fast. Wright is really fast with the ball, his man is nowhere near him by the time he's slicing through the key.
                I was the first to make the comparison, wright is quicker than Pre injury Livingston no doubt. Also a little bit better ball handler/1 on 1 attacker. Livingston was a better Passer.

If he can become an above average shooter(flirt with 40% from deep) he could be a top 10 starting guard in the nba just as lowry did in his late 20s. What delon lacks of Lowry's bball iq he makes up for in size and length. Seems like he's got the similiar will to win and right attitude
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Livingston has and had a great post up game though. I don't see Delon posting up smaller guards (which could be really nice) But he's pretty unique. I haven't seen a PG quite like him

Comment

I'm not sure who I'm more pissed off at: DeMarre Carroll, for sucking so bad when he was here or Dwane Casey, for not installing this year's offense much earlier. Probably wouldn't have cost us a 1st rounder to dump.

Comment

Livingston has and had a great post up game though. I don't see Delon posting up smaller guards (which could be really nice) But he's pretty unique. I haven't seen a PG quite like him
                      Penny Hardaway? I dunno how you could be a "poor mans Penny" though, it doesn't get any poorer than penny's

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        I'm not sure who I'm more pissed off at: DeMarre Carroll, for sucking so bad when he was here or Dwane Casey, for not installing this year's offense much earlier. Probably wouldn't have cost us a 1st rounder to dump.
                        Nah Carroll's issues are more health wise. He had a hot start to this season but he cooled off. He shot 27% in December from 3. And now he's injured again. He missed basically a whole year with injury with Raps and was never healthy. Noone was going to take that contract with that injury history.

Comment

Nah Carroll's issues are more health wise. He had a hot start to this season but he cooled off. He shot 27% in December from 3. And now he's injured again. He missed basically a whole year with injury with Raps and was never healthy. Noone was going to take that contract with that injury history.
                          I dunno.... Carroll himself blamed the offense in the off-season, when he could have easily just said it was injuries and nobody would have said boo.

Comment

Everybody talks about injuries and shooting, Carroll's ball handling made me cringe. Everytime it was more than 2 dribbles and he'd build up a head of steam he looked like this

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              I dunno.... Carroll himself blamed the offense in the off-season, when he could have easily just said it was injuries and nobody would have said boo.
                              Of course he blamed the system. He doesn't want to bring attention to the fact he's not healthy anymore. He's playing for his future right now. After this year I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the league

Comment

DeMarre said this when he signed with us: "My number one focus is defense."

Comment

Working...
                                X