Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    Concussions are fucking scary

That is scary man. Holy shit. You can see Blake Griffin's hands shaking.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

So we were discussing FVV the other day, who's been pretty good in clutch time. No he hasn't.

Especially this early, clutch time is both small sample and noisy as attested by this fact from ESPN.

The Kings also now have an NBA-best 28.8 net rating in the clutch this season, despite having an NBA-worst -9.9 net rating overall.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...ury-1.15939321

Looks like Demarre Carrol might be out against the Raps due to a knee injury.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          https://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...ury-1.15939321

Looks like Demarre Carrol might be out against the Raps due to a knee injury.
          So glad we got rid of this guy. Wasn't the knee his problem with us and with Atlanta?
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
            So glad we got rid of this guy. Wasn't the knee his problem with us and with Atlanta?
            he shot 28% from 3 in december apparently too
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

There is certainly some irony in that the Raptors' replaced
              him with a rookie who wasn't expected to play due to a severe knee injury.
              I don't wish ill of any athlete, disappointed yes but if your not physically
              right you just can't play at a high level, this DC.

Comment

It was the health problem, but not THE problem.

You could guarantee that whoever Carroll was guarding would get at least 2-3 easy cuts on him for dunks/layups per game because he would be completely oblivious off the ball. That's extra frustrating when you're putting the guy on the other team's best player every night. Your "stopper" can't be that awful a team defender, while also being hobbled half the time with injuries that make his man D pathetic as well.

We get better D out of OG and Siakam than we ever did even once from Carroll. The amount of easy backcuts has dropped dramatically since Carroll left.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  It was the health problem, but not THE problem.

You could guarantee that whoever Carroll was guarding would get at least 2-3 easy cuts on him for dunks/layups per game because he would be completely oblivious off the ball. That's extra frustrating when you're putting the guy on the other team's best player every night. Your "stopper" can't be that awful a team defender, while also being hobbled half the time with injuries that make his man D pathetic as well.

We get better D out of OG and Siakam than we ever did even once from Carroll. The amount of easy backcuts has dropped dramatically since Carroll left.
                  This is very true. I didn't even think about or realize how bad his team defence was since his man to man defence was so bad. He couldn't even fight through screens lol. I feel really bad for him though because the injury was a huge part of his problem but it looks like it may just end up being a chronic thing. It's a lot harder at his age to come back 100% and not reaggravate an injury like he had. Also didn't he injure one knee with Atlanta and then the other knee with us? Or was it the same knee both times?
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

This is very true. I didn't even think about or realize how bad his team defence was since his man to man defence was so bad. He couldn't even fight through screens lol. I feel really bad for him though because the injury was a huge part of his problem but it looks like it may just end up being a chronic thing. It's a lot harder at his age to come back 100% and not reaggravate an injury like he had. Also didn't he injure one knee with Atlanta and then the other knee with us? Or was it the same knee both times?
                    If he had three knees they'd all be injured. Watching the Boston-Brooklyn game was painful. Brooklyn jacked up a bunch of the ugliest 3 point attempts I've ever seen and beside that the offense was Dinwiddie driving the lane and trying to get fouled. He actually looked to be their best player and given the Raptors issues with dribble penetration could be a pain. The Raptors will really have to be in sleepwalk mode to lose this one though

Comment

Its the same old story with Carroll. This is the 4th year in a row he was dealing with knee injury and after a hot start, he is already slowing down and injured again. Its not bad luck anymore, he just can't do it. Good thing we traded him away cause it would have been the same thing here for a third year in a row.

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                        The Raptors will really have to be in sleepwalk mode to lose this one though
                        or let Sauce Castillo go off again because ... I still don't know why they did that last time.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Its the same old story with Carroll. This is the 4th year in a row he was dealing with knee injury and after a hot start, he is already slowing down and injured again. Its not bad luck anymore, he just can't do it. Good thing we traded him away cause it would have been the same thing here for a third year in a row.
                          Beginning of the season he was throwing shade at the Raps medical staff for not having him healthy and now on a new team he's gotten himself injured yet again. Damn shame I tell ya

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Beginning of the season he was throwing shade at the Raps medical staff for not having him healthy and now on a new team he's gotten himself injured yet again. Damn shame I tell ya
                            Throwing shade on the Raptors medical staff that's among the best respected in the entire league.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Game day!
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                Game day!
                                Finally. Feels like it's been a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X