Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I just can't see the Cav's not doing something. Either trade LeBron (unlikely as it seems) and start the next rebuild or use that Brooklyn pick to add someone for the playoff push.
    Not a chance they trade lebron. From a public image standpoint, much safer to let him break up with you than you break up with him, even if it kind of makes sense from an asset management standpoint
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Not a chance they trade lebron. From a public image standpoint, much safer to let him break up with you than you break up with him, even if it kind of makes sense from an asset management standpoint
      True I suppose, but if Cuban can break up a championship team, then Gilbert and the Cav's could weather this storm as well.

Cav's should either go all in using the Brooklyn pick or reset for the future now while they can (getting LBJ to waive his NTC shouldn't be that hard). Not doing anything seems like a missed opportunity.

Comment

• The great thing about the Cavs is they have nothing to offer other teams besides that brooklyn pick which is looking more and more likely to be in the 5-10 range. Besides that what the hell do they have to offer teams? They're full of old players with bloated contracts.

I don't see them getting the likes of DeAndre or even Lou. Much better offers will present themselves.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if they move IT.

In fact, if i'm GM LeBron i would package IT for Kemba Walker
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't be surprised if they move IT.

If I'm Jordan, I'd fire myself for allowing that to happen

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              I wouldn't be surprised if they move IT.

IT? Try Love, the team hates him apparently.

I don't know why the fuck they all got mad at Love, literally their 2nd best player outside LeBron this season...

Comment

• No one's going to give value for IT's $6.3mm expiring when he's due a big payday. Much more likely that Kevin Love gets moved imo, as he seems to be the scapegoat of the day.

Edit: Mindlessness beat me to it.

But ultimately I think the Cavs find a way to do something with their own pick and some other pieces.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                  IT? Try Love, the team hates him apparently.

I don't know why the fuck they all got mad at Love, literally their 2nd best player outside LeBron this season...

Because he's not part of the "in crowd"..the players have popularity contest, cliques and favorites. DWade = cool guy. JR Smith = cool guy. Kevin Love = cmon man figure your shit out.

Comment

• Love gets the blame because he's their 5 (which isn't his fault though). Love must hate playing there.. I wonder if he's jealous of Kyrie.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Love gets the blame because he's their 5 (which isn't his fault though). Love must hate playing there.. I wonder if he's jealous of Kyrie.
                      Yeah, I kind of feel bad for him. He's been pretty much permanently on the trade block/a scapegoat for the last three years, at least on the side of the media and Cavs fanbase
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• It's idiotic and unfair to put him in the 5. Why is Tristan Thompson not starting?

Ty Lue is a trash coach man. I'm still pissed that he coached the All Star team in Toronto instead of Casey.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So according to reports, Kawhi wants out of SA... Any way we can get in there? JV, OG, Delon, picks?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            So according to reports, Kawhi wants out of SA... Any way we can get in there? JV, OG, Delon, picks?
                            Sure, take all of it.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Sure, take all of it.
                              I heavily doubt Kawhi actually wants out. There were reports directly from his camp saying the "I want out" reports weren't true anyways.

Also, just a couple weeks ago Pop said Aldridge (over the summer) was the first person in about a decade to ask him for a trade. You really think it's likely Kawhi asked as well? Like, two trade requests out of San Antonio in one year?
                              Last edited by Mindlessness; Tue Jan 23, 2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                                I heavily doubt Kawhi actually wants out. There were reports directly from his camp saying the "I want out" reports weren't true anyways.

Also, just a couple weeks ago Pop said Aldridge (over the summer) was the first person in about a decade to ask him for a trade. You really think it's likely Kawhi asked as well? Like, two trade requests out of San Antonio in one year?
                                I'm not disagreeing with your opinion at all. But I'm also leaving all those things on the table for San Antonio. I'll even throw in drake and rod black.

Comment

Working...
                                X