Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    Always always always choose talent over fit
    thats why trading for rudy gay was such a great idea

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
      It's clear by today's game (Wiz) the Raps need a guy who can rebound ASAP.

So many missed rebounds killing this team... they need a grinder under the boards for this team -- who? I dont know. But if Powell picks it up here in the next week, maybe consider trading off Miles for that help -- switch one vet to another.

I like Miles but I think we need a grittier player on this team who can rebound.
      Rebounding is a problem right now, but I think the issue is more about lack-of boxing out/team rebounding than lack of individual good rebounders per se.

Sometimes our action on the defensive glass is is pretty chaotic and cringeworthy: often no one boxes out to help Yak get the board, so he fouls and taps out more than he has too. Sometimes I also get the impression JV and Serge are fighting for the board amongst themselves rather then limit the chance of the opposing team to get the board. Other times Lowry just comes barreling down the paint to get it (which is not a bad thing of course) but it shows out of the ordinary our rebounding as team has been. Sometimes he should be boxing out a wing or a guard rather then doing that imo.

Siakam can be a good rebounder but he's always thinking of leaking out on the fast break, and while he's good at it, he's a 4 and he has to help down there. Sometimes is just plain lack of effort overall.

It's the little details. I think we have the pieces, but somehow the chemistry on the boards for a true gang-rebounding is not there.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Just found this - seem to have a bit more wiggle room than I thought, although there are multiple "about"s

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...rade-deadline/

Edit: As for Bruno/Bebe - Bruno is useless in trade value, Bebe most likely as well, unless some team thinks he has rest-of-season value. Would have to give a draft pick or a cheap young controllable guy to make it worth it to the Hawks.
        Ugh, Grange needs to read my articles and get his facts straight.

Raps are about 4.7M under the hard cap. $800k shy of the tax, if we don't make the ECF. $300k shy if we do. Over if we make the Finals.

Sadly, no way to avoid the "abouts". Incentives are poorly reported.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mirotic traded to the Pelicans. I guess they didn't give up....

Comment

• If Joe Johnson gets a buyout from the Jazz, I would LOVEEEEE it if Raps pick him up. He has been a Raptor killer for a few years. Plus we are in the market looking for shooters.

Comment

• Spark wrote: View Post
              If Joe Johnson gets a buyout from the Jazz, I would LOVEEEEE it if Raps pick him up. He has been a Raptor killer for a few years. Plus we are in the market looking for shooters.
              he would be interesting

Comment

• Monroe went to the C**tics? Buck Foston.

Comment

• we are fine

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    we are fine
                    We solved Monroe. I think cleveland is fucked though.. they wont get out of the east. If they play monroe and horford then they will have some issues defensively. If they play only one then we beat them on size

Comment

• It's becoming evident that we need another veteran scorer off the bench. IMO it should be a 3-4 to go along side Miles, and continuing the development of Jakob, VV and Wright. Who's out there?

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        It's becoming evident that we need another veteran scorer off the bench. IMO it should be a 3-4 to go along side Miles, and continuing the development of Jakob, VV and Wright. Who's out there?
                        Depends who gets bought out.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                          We solved Monroe
                          no we solved a Bucks team managed by Jason Kidd. Monroe is another big body that will clog the lane, grab rebounds and score in the paint thus make Boston a bit tougher. Don't dismiss this move at all.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            no we solved a Bucks team managed by Jason Kidd. Monroe is another big body that will clog the lane, grab rebounds and score in the paint thus make Boston a bit tougher. Don't dismiss this move at all.
                            Yea really. And he'll be that much better because he plays on a better team.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Yea really. And he'll be that much better because he plays on a better team.
                              And utilized by a coach that can get the best out of a player while hiding his weaknesses.

Comment

• Raps had 5-6 mil to offer didnt they? Would have loved to get Greg Monroe, we need a guy like him on the boards.

Comment

Working...
                                X