Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Wow. I had to actually work for a few hours and the world turned upside down. 3 thoughts

3) why did Cleveland send wade away for nothing, if they're still going for it? Is he not still a good bench player? Or was wade just whining to go back to miami? I thought him and Riley were not friends anymore?

Lots of confusion
    Come on man, have you not been paying attention??? Wade is just as responsible as anybody else for CLE losing 14 of the las 10. He is old, can't play D to save his life, can't shoot,m and is a ball stopper. This gets the ball out of his hands and sends him back home so he can retire where he's supposed to, win win. He does not help CLE at this stage at all. He's a detriment.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      I disagree. By many metrics, our entire bench is rag-tag rejects. They play amazingly well together because they effing hustle and play as a team. There's a reason none of them are going to the rising stars game. Cause they ain't stars. Cleveland can put together something much closer to the success we have with our youth than they could yesterday with what was previously pretty close to Sacramento Kings style retirement home players
      Not in 30 games. Not a chance.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Energy and defense, sure, but having a 9-man rotation who doesn't know how to play together, might throw a wrench into those plans, no?

I'd be very impressed if Cavs can turn this chemistry experiment into a functional basketball team in just 30 games. Hell it took almost 40 games for the LeBron/Wade/Bosh experiment to finally settle down in Miami, but Larry Nance will get 'er done sooner?
        it might be a little less challenging to get larry nance jr to defer to LBJ than Wade or Bosh.

Comment

• But given the state the cavs were in, they were good moves, even if they don't work out. When Love gets back in the equation they will have a solid, younger and deeper team. They are not necessarily scary, but if things click they will be pretty good.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Not in 30 games. Not a chance.
            Hope you're right.

I feel less confidence than I did yesterday.

We shall see.

Comment

Clarkson, Nance and Hood have youth and energy on their side - they'll be much scrappier than any of the corpses that were jettisoned. And George Hill is a very good floor general and strong on D. I think this makes them much better. Yes, this might leave them in 7-11 if Lebron leaves, but I can also see a scenario where they pick up one or two other useful players and make what remains a pretty competitive squad. Obviously it's the present I'm more concerned about though.
              Getting IT and Wade out of the rotation will help the defence. But they lost Crowder and Shump. Frye and Rose don't even matter.

I'm not convinced yet Lebron is laying it all on the line to go as deep as they can this season. Blame IT all you want but that locker room will go as Lebron goes. He's easily the person most responsible for the position they found themselves in.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I disagree. By many metrics, our entire bench is rag-tag rejects. They play amazingly well together because they effing hustle and play as a team. There's a reason none of them are going to the rising stars game. Cause they ain't stars. Cleveland can put together something much closer to the success we have with our youth than they could yesterday with what was previously pretty close to Sacramento Kings style retirement home players
                There are metrics that are very positive on our bench, like RPM. Few metrics can measure things like "rarely fucking up switches", which is huge the way the game is played in the half court these days.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Getting IT and Wade out of the rotation will help the defence. But they lost Crowder and Shump. Frye and Rose don't even matter.

I'm not convinced yet Lebron is laying it all on the line to go as deep as they can this season. Blame IT all you want but that locker room will go as Lebron goes. He's easily the person most responsible for the position they found themselves in.
                  I don't agree that he's the person responsible for getting him there but I do fear he'll be the one responsible for getting them out of it.

Comment

• Very rarely has one trade deadline deal helped a team that year. Never ever has 70% overhaul in one day proved successful

Maybe this year is a first. But LeBron is still a dick, love still getting the short end and lue still sucks. With even less chemistry than before. I'll believe it when I see it
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      it might be a little less challenging to get larry nance jr to defer to LBJ than Wade or Bosh.
                      Don't think Wade or Bosh ever had any issues deferring to LeBron, but either way, guys simply need time to play together. Cavs goal is to win another title. That kind of team cohesion takes a lot of time, learning through a lot of mistakes, and finally getting to a place where everyone knows their place/role.

I don't like speaking in absolutes, but I really feel the Cavs just killed any chances of a finals appearance.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

He's the only reason the Cavs are worth a damn. I don't believe he would phone it in and waste a season. Great players like that don't think like that.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          There are metrics that are very positive on our bench, like RPM. Few metrics can measure things like "rarely fucking up switches", which is huge the way the game is played in the half court these days.
                          I friggin love our bench, don't get me wrong.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Very rarely has one trade deadline deal helped a team that year. Never ever has 70% overhaul in one day proved successful

Maybe this year is a first. But LeBron is still a dick, love still getting the short end and lue still sucks. With even less chemistry than before. I'll believe it when I see it
                            LeBon is the x factor. If anyone can make it work its him.

Comment

• It's now paramount for the Raps to finish 1st in the Conf. The Cavs with all these moves for sure would finish 3rd. You don't want to face them.in the 2nd round.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Basically everyone Cleveland sent out was playing like shit.

Hill and Hood are both shooting great from outside, and Hill is a huge defensive upgrade over IT.

Nance is a top 10 PF in DRPM, and Clarkson will give them bench scoring.

The Cavs don't need to get these guys used to a system.... LeBron is the system. They're better today than they were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X