Likes Likes:  279
Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

-----

We have exactly one month to go before the trade deadline so let's post/discuss rumours here.

1. Please don't post fantasy trade ideas unless it's in response to a rumour involving us. There's another full board for trade ideas here.

2. Please source your rumours by linking to the relevant article or tweet.

3. Note: Norman Powell can't be traded until this summer due to his extension. We are also unable to trade with Orlando until this summer because we received a pick for Weltman's release.

-----
    Last edited by Scraptor; Tue Jan 9th, 2018 at 05:27 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some stuff to get us started:

Woj trade roundup (warning stupid autoplay video)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...an-wojnarowski

There are far more teams chasing wing players -- shooting guards/small forwards -- than quality talent available at those positions. Drafts have been lean on those spots in recent years, and they're in great demand now.

Teams are targeting the availability of Brooklyn's DeMarre Carroll, Utah's Alec Burks, Orlando's Evan Fournier and Atlanta's Kent Bazemore, among others.
    ---

---

With the Knicks exploring what to do with their four-center glut by the Feb. 8 trading deadline, NBA sources say the club has entertained more inquiries about Willy Hernangomez than any other player on their roster.

The Knicks do not want to give up the 23-year-old Hernangomez — out of the rotation behind starter Enes Kanter and Kyle O’Quinn — unless they get a prime talent in return. So far they haven’t gotten any concrete offers, but teams that have been high on European players in the past have shown the most interest. The Knicks prefer to deal O’Quinn, who likely will opt out of his contract, and they have gotten only mild interest from a few playoff-contending teams who see him as a backup piece.
    https://nypost.com/2018/01/07/knicks...mpression=true

Raptors Republic Superstar Maury's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We arenít doing anything guaranteed

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Maury wrote: View Post
    We arenít doing anything guaranteed
    Guaranteed? I think there's a decent chance JV gets moved if the deal is right.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    JV playing well right now, could be the time to pull the trigger.. only thing is who do we get back? And which team would be a good fit for JV?

Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hope so

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote sanyo wrote: View Post
    JV playing well right now, could be the time to pull the trigger.. only thing is who do we get back? And which team would be a good fit for JV?
    The way JV is playin right now? they better get a damn good player if they move him.
    "You Either Die A Hero, Or Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problem with trading JV is we would be left with no starting centre. I love Yak as much as the next guy but he clearly is not yet ready. Bebe is Bebe so we canít rely on him. There isnít a return that we could get right now for JV that would benefit the team IMO. If JV is moved it should be in the summer with either norm, CJ or both packaged in attempt to get that last piece we really need.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Teams are targeting Carroll and we gave up a 1st rd pick to trade him FML lol

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Teams are targeting Carroll and we gave up a 1st rd pick to trade him FML lol
    What teams?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    What teams?
    Basically it'll end up being "hey, Brooklyn, take some garbage salary off our hands for Carroll and we'll give you a second." His salary is too big for Brooklyn to move him otherwise, and nobody's paying a lot for Carroll because he's not shooting terribly well this year. For a team that needs a wing, he's better than useless salary because he knows how to pass and defend and cut, but Brooklyn isn't getting anything great for him.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problem with trading JV is we would be left with no starting centre. I love Yak as much as the next guy but he clearly is not yet ready. Bebe is Bebe so we can’t rely on him. There isn’t a return that we could get right now for JV that would benefit the team IMO. If JV is moved it should be in the summer with either norm, CJ or both packaged in attempt to get that last piece we really need.
    I guess Masai must see things differently, as he's been trying to move JV for over a year now.

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Basically it'll end up being "hey, Brooklyn, take some garbage salary off our hands for Carroll and we'll give you a second." His salary is too big for Brooklyn to move him otherwise, and nobody's paying a lot for Carroll because he's not shooting terribly well this year. For a team that needs a wing, he's better than useless salary because he knows how to pass and defend and cut, but Brooklyn isn't getting anything great for him.
    Yeah, something like Omer Asik for Carroll.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Woj may have through in the Carroll bit as a solid to the GM or agent to drum up interest in exchange for scoops. This kind of stuff hAppens all the time.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I guess Masai must see things differently, as he's been trying to move JV for over a year now.
    He's been quite able to move JV for over a year now and unhappy with the potential return, a circumstance I see no reason will change now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I didnít realize you have been talking to Masai about his plans. Should have asked.

Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I didn’t realize you have been talking to Masai about his plans. Should have asked.
    There were a lot of rumors. I don't think its a secret. Where there is smoke there is fire

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    He's been quite able to move JV for over a year now and unhappy with the potential return, a circumstance I see no reason will change now.
    That could change as other teams reach the trade deadline and start making moves.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now is not the time to move JV unless theres some superstar package that falls at your doorstep. JV is worth more possible playoff wins than some marginal stretch 4 or 3&D upgrade over Pascal or OG
    #WhiteHouseDown

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sense a boring trade deadline for the Raptors.

I wouldn't mind trading Bebe for a pick. But other than that, I don't really see a move out there that would help the Raptors in the short term. Tyreke Evans would require a pick to go the other way (at least) for example.

I say we keep our assets for the summer when we have two nice TPE's that we can use (CoJo's $7.6M TPE, and Carroll's $11.8M TPE). We could get one or two Mid Level type of contract without having to use the MLE and getting hard capped again. We can also trade Norm (assuming he has any value left). We'll also have all our future picks back to trade/dangle.

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information