Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puffer wrote: View Post
    Beautifully phrased. My new favorite put down. "He's just a discount store Chuck Norris." " She's just a discount store Oprah Winfrey."
    Toronto raptors all star "Costco kobe"
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      "LeBron needs more help!"

LeBron always needs more fucking help, that discount store MJ wannabe.
      ah yes, Michael Jordan, who only won all six of his championships with one of the greatest coaches of all time and a top-20-player-of-all-time as his second fiddle and needed another NBA Hall of Famer as well as a FIBA Hall of Famer to win the last three

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
        ah yes, Michael Jordan, who only won all six of his championships with one of the greatest coaches of all time and a top-20-player-of-all-time as his second fiddle and needed another NBA Hall of Famer as well as a FIBA Hall of Famer to win the last three
        Michael Jordan....pffffffft. He wasn't all that.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Cavs have worlds best player, top 10 scoring point guard, top 5 power forward, dead eye shooters, 3 and d "better than demar" Crawford, dwane wade on the bench, Tristan on the bench, etc, they still need some superstar addition? Lol
          When they're winning: GM LeBron made great moves and saved the team

When they're losing: LeBron needs more help. The front office has to do more.

I don't know how those other guys keep their head on straight in that environment.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            Michael Jordan....pffffffft. He wasn't all that.
            No player in the Modern age will ever receive the Propped up help from the league and its officials MJ did in order to maintain his status as some immortal Basketball God. The guy was no where as good as he is spoken of, its pretty lame really. His Game and Series winner over Byron Russell says it all... barges into the paint, Legit forearm bashed Russell to the ground and hits an open shot to win... The NBA needed a Hero, Nike needed one and the two made billions off this manufactured "Hero".

Meh, I don't like Lebron all that much, but he kills Jordan all day long.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
              Calling Toni Kukoc a Hall of Fame anything shows what a stretch it is to make this argument. Dennis Rodman was aged 34-36 for his Bulls titles.

LeBron had Wade and Bosh (all three of them aged 26-29), and lost to Dirk plus some good role players. He plays GM and handpicks his teams and still it's always "he needs more help".

Superjudge wrote: View Post
              Meh, I don't like Lebron all that much, but he kills Jordan all day long.
              Do you think Jordan would check himself out of a Finals game with 6:30 minutes to go, even down 18? Because that's what LeBron did vs San Antonio (who they lost to in 5 games, when San Antonio's best player was a 22 year old Kawhi Leonard).

LeBron just doesn't have the same competitive fire or killer instinct as Jordan.
              Last edited by Scraptor; Mon Jan 15, 2018, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Anyways, back on topic.

Comment

I dont know about you guys but I am down with trading Serge. The man shoots to many jumpers and barely drives anymore. I understand we need to spread the floor and its great having a stretch 4 but he is too inconsistent with his shooting. JV has been killing it. If we can get another big to replace Ibaka, ill be down for that.

Toronto Raptors get
                  Marc Gasol
                  N.Mirotic

Memhpis gets
                  JVal

Chicago Bulls gets
                  Serge Ibaka

I would love this....dont think the other two teams will go for it since we have no picks lol
                  Last edited by Spark4545; Mon Jan 15, 2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Spark4545 wrote: View Post
                    I dont know about you guys but I am down with trading Serge. The man shoots to many jumpers and barely drives anymore. I understand we need to spread the floor and its great having a stretch 4 but he is too inconsistent with his shooting. JV has been killing it. If we can get another big to replace Ibaka, ill be down for that.

Toronto Raptors get
                    Marc Gasol
                    N.Mirotic

Memhpis gets
                    JVal

Chicago Bulls gets
                    Serge Ibaka

I would love this....dont think the other two teams will go for it since we have no picks lol
                    Man this fan base is hard on ibaka. We finally have a quality top 10 ish PF to play between the guards and jv, or slide to the 5, and we wanna ship him out.

His field goal and efg% are their highest in 7 years, and he's been playing inspired D. Everybody's quick to trash him, but I think it's no coincidence that we have our best team ever with him here for his first full season
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

A procedural question.....

The Raps are not eligible to trade directly with the Orlando Magic for a one year period under the terms of the Jeff Weltman signing in Orlando....Too bad because the fire sale in Orlando is about to go full throttle before Feb 6 .

So the question...

Can they be part of a three way trade where Orlando concludes a transaction with team B and susbequent to that completed transaction.... the Raps make the trade with team B for that same Orlando player ?
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

Man this fan base is hard on ibaka. We finally have a quality top 10 ish PF to play between the guards and jv, or slide to the 5, and we wanna ship him out.

His field goal and efg% are their highest in 7 years, and he's been playing inspired D. Everybody's quick to trash him, but I think it's no coincidence that we have our best team ever with him here for his first full season
                        Not to mention this trade makes no sense. Memphis is basically trading Marc gasol straight up for jv. Not sure why they would do this.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          A procedural question.....

The Raps are not eligible to trade directly with the Orlando Magic for a one year period under the terms of the Jeff Weltman signing in Orlando....Too bad because the fire sale in Orlando is about to go full throttle before Feb 6 .

So the question...

Can they be part of a three way trade where Orlando concludes a transaction with team B and susbequent to that completed transaction.... the Raps make the trade with team B for that same Orlando player ?
                          To execute a multi-team (more than 2) trade, every team in the trade must interact with at least two other teams. The Magic and Raptors can't interact in a trade.

So in a 4-team trade, you could make it work, if both the Magic and Raptors interact with only the other two teams. But that would be incredibly difficult to make work. Like, near-impossibly difficult.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think his slow start this year has something to do with it but what people need to realize is that he comes in, signs a big deal, new player in his first full year - guy feels pressure to prove himself, be productive, etc. He was clearly forcing shots and forcing his game trying to make an impact. Since he's settled down and settled in he's been very good.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              To execute a multi-team (more than 2) trade, every team in the trade must interact with at least two other teams. The Magic and Raptors can't interact in a trade.

So in a 4-team trade, you could make it work, if both the Magic and Raptors interact with only the other two teams. But that would be incredibly difficult to make work. Like, near-impossibly difficult.
                              Fair enough..... I am sure the Raps are not the only team willing to take a flyer on a couple of Orlando's younger players who really need a change of scenery right now that may be on the block...
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                                I think his slow start this year has something to do with it but what people need to realize is that he comes in, signs a big deal, new player in his first full year - guy feels pressure to prove himself, be productive, etc. He was clearly forcing shots and forcing his game trying to make an impact. Since he's settled down and settled in he's been very good.
                                This has at least a 50-50 chance of being right. It would be nice for the starters to get a full season with each other. He has been something of a ball stopper. Is that a characteristic that showed on other teams he has played on? If not, then maybe he is just trrying too hard and will settle down.

Comment

Working...
                                X