Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    You guys who imply the NBA is rigged are so fucking pathetic.

Just stop fucking watching then. Definition of sore losers, and we haven't even freaking lost yet.
    You guys who imply billionaires and mega corporations are looking out for your best interests and question nothing are so fucking pathetic.

See we can both play that game
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      You guys who imply billionaires and mega corporations are looking out for your best interests and question nothing are so fucking pathetic.

See we can both play that game
      NBA corporation is just a middle man... TV deals are dying anyway...

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        NBA corporation is just a middle man... TV deals are dying anyway...
        Yep I know NBA is not the real corporation. Think "brands" like PepsiCo, Nike, AOL Time Warner

TV deals are still a big "deal" in pro sports because live sports is still something that can't be PVRd with the same effect, and is still not as smooth to illegally stream as the real deal big screen cable option. It's certainly surviving longer than the sitcom, 1 hour drama or game show

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          I feel like the term "hot take" had meaning at one point, but now it's too often used to dismiss an opposing opinion without having to argue it. Sort of like "fake news".

Anyways here's Zach Lowe with the same "hot take" about Cleveland:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...trade-deadline
          Care to explain how "this was a good trade deadline for Cleveland" is even remotely the same as "these trades make them favorites in the conference"?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Lebron will still complain.
            I think the underrated part of this trade is that the Cavs got rid of 5 guys who probably are sick and tired of coach/GM Lebron and don't want to play for him. Problem is, there's still like 7 guys on the roster who feel the same. Previously, there was that feeling of let's win it for Cleveland and Lebron. These days, LBJ is just becoming totally full of his own legacy / self-importance and I'm pretty sure that everybody in the organization can't stand him anymore, despite that GOAT level talent.

Comment

• I don't agree with Bill Simmons on much these days, but I think he nailed it on the Cleveland trades in this thread: https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/stat...91569980104705
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                I don't agree with Bill Simmons on much these days, but I think he nailed it on the Cleveland trades in this thread: https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/stat...91569980104705
                Simmons has gotten lazy. This would have made a great long form article on the deadline, Altman, LeBron, the cavs, and all 3 of their futures going forward.

As a columnist/blogger, he's one of the best in the world (I didn't specify sports)
                As a podcaster, he's just another fish in the sea. Appropriate he calls it the b.s. report

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  I don't agree with Bill Simmons on much these days, but I think he nailed it on the Cleveland trades in this thread: https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/stat...91569980104705
                  I don't get it either... said it yesterday and I'll say it til they're done - Cavs still don't scare me in the slightest(as a Raps fan). LeBron might, but not his team.

Comment

Simmons has gotten lazy. This would have made a great long form article on the deadline, Altman, LeBron, the cavs, and all 3 of their futures going forward.

As a columnist/blogger, he's one of the best in the world (I didn't specify sports)
                    As a podcaster, he's just another fish in the sea. Appropriate he calls it the b.s. report
                    Yeah.. he was the best blogger out there before he got "famous". His Book of Basketball is a great read too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Yeah.. he was the best blogger out there before he got "famous". His Book of Basketball is a great read too.
                      I really want to read it, the only thing holding me back is i feel it's too outdated now

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, I can legitimately see LeBron being pissed not about the talent, but that they kept the Brooklyn pick as a way of hedging themselves against LeBron leaving. He demands absolute fealty, and if they don't make it back to the finals, he'll be quick to use that draft pick as an excuse that they didn't want him enough.
                        The Brooklyn pick isn't JUST a hedge against Boston leaving, it's also a trade asset if he stays.

If it ends up leaping into the top 3, I imagine it could fetch another star in a trade.

Comment

The Brooklyn pick isn't JUST a hedge against Boston leaving, it's also a trade asset if he stays.

If it ends up leaping into the top 3, I imagine it could fetch another star in a trade.
                          That's going to be huge - the bottom 8 teams in the league right now are nearly inseparable by W/L. Where that pick lands is going to decide a lot for Cleveland re: next season.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Big if. More likely it isn't, and LeBron decision 3.0 comes after draft. Picks lose value once they become a player. Think raptors when 2016 nyk became Jakob poeltl

Comment

I really want to read it, the only thing holding me back is i feel it's too outdated now
                              Yeah it could use a new version.. but I'd still get it. Worth having in your personal library if your a b-ball fan.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X