Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of chatter is gathered here at hoopshype: http://hoopshype.com/tag/trade/

Pistons targeting Mirotic. Bulls want a first for him but I wonder if they'll get it.

Really want OKC/NOP to hit the skids over the next month. Might be our only chance to shake loose a star.

Comment

Double post. Site won't let me delete, sorry.

Comment

Meh if we can’t get cousins, DJ or gasol in return I wouldn’t bother with trading jv at this point

Comment

Cousins showing why he's a star
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I guess it would have been the 2014-15 season where I saw a lot of Sacramento games when I was up late with my kids. Watching Cousins that much (I hadn't really seen him play full games for weeks on end before) really soured me on him. He would pull this stuff all the time. It wasn't just once in awhile. It was pretty much every game. Anything went wrong and he would sulk, not run, give up, make bad plays on purpose - it was something you'd expect to see from a petulant three year old as opposed to a professional athlete. I probably saw ~20 games and I wouldn't say there was one where he gave an honest effort.

Personally, if I was a GM I would want nothing to do with Cousins. I wouldn't take him if he wanted to play for the vet minimum. He's a cancer. You're better off without him.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
              Cousins showing why he's a star
              Wow, that was fucking pathetic. Worse than Bargnani levels of (non) effort.

Comment

Wojnarowski: "[DeAndre Jordan] is very much available. Teams don't want to use their assets on Jordan now, and all of a sudden, a more desirable player becomes available between now and the trade deadline. His conversations, likely, will go down to the wire, Feb 8th."
                https://streamable.com/mvrc9

[Wojnarowski] Cleveland is not willing to deal the Nets pick unless it's for a player that can put them over the top. One player that they discussed that does not rise to that level is Clipper center DeAndre Jordan of putting that Brooklyn pick in.
                https://streamable.com/357zg

Also Mirotic for Favors is being discussed per Salt Lake Tribune.

Comment

One key quote from Masai's radio interview today. First 12 minutes is mostly fluff. This is a rough paraphrase:

Masai Ujiri wrote:
                  I always want to be frank with our fans... To me, I want us to build our team off of training camps, off of time with each other, off of knowing each other. Maybe there are moves here are there to make us better, we're always looking for those moves, but honestly I don't believe there is one player, unless it's outright crazy, and trust me we are always looking for those players, that's going to totally come and change everything... But growth is what we preach. How do [the young guys] get better...
                  http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/prime-ti...hedule-makers/

Sounds like he's setting expectations for us to stand pat at the deadline. Not terribly surprising, but we only have two more kicks at the can in this three-year window.

Comment

Let's get Lou Williams back again

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I think we should trade powell to orlando
                      Orlando takes another one of our shitty players? Sure!

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                        50 points in a win vs Golden States is no joke!!

Bring back the captain!
                        Last edited by Hotshot; Thu Jan 11, 2018, 04:06 AM.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                          *Thousands of Raptors fans suddenly have PTSD flashbacks of Lou iso-ing at the end of every quarter*

Comment

I would trade for Mirotic stil. In the playoffs teams are going to let guys like Siakam/Wright/Norm/Deebo/JV/OG take as many 3s as they want. I don't think they will be able to make enough of them. Team is currently top 3PA but bottom in percentage. You can't get away with that in a series. Need more shooting.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Meh if we can’t get cousins, DJ or gasol in return I wouldn’t bother with trading jv at this point
                              I don't see the Raptors chasing a C. I think they prefer moving Serge into that slot and finding a starting caliber PF to replace him.

Comment

An interesting read about some things that go on behind the scenes of a front-office.

Here’s an example one GM used: He said that if he had been working in the Boston Celtics’ front office prior to the trade deadline in February, he would have been leaking that Boston was involved in trade talks regarding Jimmy Butler, Paul George and other stars. Not only could this potentially increase the value of the Brooklyn Nets’ pick that Boston owned, it may have helped them land Butler or George. Why? Because Butler or George might see the report that the teams “talked” and become upset, believing that his current team is shopping him or, at the very least, listening to offers.

“If it works, and I believe it [did occur] to some extent with Butler and Chicago’s front office over time, a player who should be untradeable might actually get moved because there’s distrust,” the GM said.
                                http://hoopshype.com/2017/02/21/this...wn-in-the-nba/

Comment

Working...
                                X