Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never mind, found the article:
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...oming-strained

Comment

• Comment

• Boston's offence is sputtering! The Cavs are imploding! The Bucks fired J-Kidd! I love it!
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Boston's offence is sputtering! The Cavs are imploding! The Bucks fired J-Kidd! I love it!
          The bucks just got way better

Comment

• Comment

Boston's offence is sputtering! The Cavs are imploding! The Bucks fired J-Kidd! I love it!
              I mean, outside of us and Boston, the Eastern playoff picture is really a mess right now. Cleveland looks like they might be slipping, Miami and Indiana have surprised but there's no way they're making it further than the second round, Washington and Milwaukee have been major disappointments, Philadelphia is on the rise but they're still decently far from being a serious contender, and Detroit is incredibly mediocre.

Of course Cleveland (aka LeBron) won't be anything close to a pushover in the playoffs, but at least with regards to seeding there seems to be a definite top two, and then everybody else. The Celtics' west coast trips and our three games left against them will determine the 1st seed
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Which makes every Raptors loss more frustrating. Wish they could take advantage of the Boston losses to make up some ground.

Comment

• Here is a trade deadline related commentary from Dunc'D On (outside of our Raptors bubble)
                  Hear specific Raptors comments 37:09 - 44:00
                  Trade Deadline Look-Ahead: Atlantic and Northwest Divisions

Comment

• This isn't breaking news but I think the trade deadline is going to be pretty active. Other than Houston and a couple of Eastern elites, there's no team that thinks they can take on golden state but they're also nowhere near the bottom of the lottery. We may not be perfect but we like our team. The same can't be said for so many others. As in the post above, washington is bickering, cleveland is a soap opera, the clips are a puzzle, utah is going nowhere. Portland? Charlotte? So many teams that may shake things up just for the sake of changing things up. You never know what might happen. Here's lookin' at you 2013 Raptors.

Comment

• I'm watching out to make sure cleveland, and to a lesser extent boston and Washington, don't add top end talent. That's more worrisome than us doing anything at this time
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• There's also that unique rent-a-racist program this year with Andrew Bogut available after the deadline. Supposed to be interest from a few teams, including the Bucks. They could really use his size inside - for all the "new NBA" love their roster of toothpicks gets, a team full of guys that slight has its problems, like the fact that Manute Bol could benchpress four of them at a time.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I'm watching out to make sure cleveland, and to a lesser extent boston and Washington, don't add top end talent. That's more worrisome than us doing anything at this time
                          I just can't see the Cav's not doing something. Either trade LeBron (unlikely as it seems) and start the next rebuild or use that Brooklyn pick to add someone for the playoff push.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            I just can't see the Cav's not doing something. Either trade LeBron (unlikely as it seems) and start the next rebuild or use that Brooklyn pick to add someone for the playoff push.
                            Other then that Brooklyn pick, Channing Frye might be their next best asset (James has a NTC, and I doubt he uses it). Frye is a $7M expiring contract. So if a team wants to shed salary badly they might be able to pull a trade. Or they could package Frye with someone like Shumpert, Korver or Smith and get something bigger. The way the Cavs payroll is structured a trade should be easy to make. After LBJ and Love, all their contracts are fairly small with short term deals.

Comment

• Boston is a weird team. There was a stretch where they were the worst defensive team in the league. Now their in a stretch where they're the worst offensive team in the league. Have to see how this plays out over a long season. Dangerous though as they have the most assets to trade and likely space to do it.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Boston is a weird team. There was a stretch where they were the worst defensive team in the league. Now their in a stretch where they're the worst offensive team in the league. Have to see how this plays out over a long season. Dangerous though as they have the most assets to trade and likely space to do it.
                                They have three big contracts (two max deals) just like we do. So they won't be able to bring in top dollar assets without packaging up a lot of their smaller contracts (just like us). Outside that LA (or Philly/Sacramento pick) and Memphis pick, I think their biggest asset is their DPE which is about $8.4M. That's a mid level contract they can trade for (if they want).

Comment

Working...
                                X