Game #39 Toronto Raptors 89 - Miami Heat 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #39 Toronto Raptors 89 - Miami Heat 90

The Raptors managed to pull out a win in Brooklyn last night, but overshadowing it all was a nasty fall from Lowry that led to him being literally carried off the court. While we all hope that it won't be a long-term injury, the Raptors' 5 game win streak will be tested tonight against the resurgent Miami Heat.

PROJECTED STARTERS

KEYS TO THE GAME

1. Rally: Lowry going down is a body-blow for the team, especially with the tough slate of games coming up. We don't know how long he'll be out for, but if he's on the shelf for a few weeks the rest of the Raptors will have to rally together and play as a team to try and compensate for his absence

2. Legs: Yesterday was not a good shooting night for the Raptors, and compound that with another game tonight and one of the team's best shooters out, this game could get really ugly really fast if the Raptors struggle with their jumpers again

3. Step Up: It will more than likely be Delon Wright who gets the start tonight, and it's a big opportunity for him to show he has what it takes to be a lead guard against an opponents' starters. We know that he's good (check his highlights against Chicago last week), but he's going to have some big matchups to face if Lowry's out for longer than a few days, including Isaiah Thomas and Steph Curry in the next couple games
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

I don't know if anyone else has been listening to the kids these days, but cold is the new hot. That's good news for #WeTheNorth and bad news for the Heat. Hoping for another cold W from the Raptors tonight. Let's goooooooooooooo
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Lowry listed as day-to-day, but out for tonight.

Comment

Hopefully with Lowry out, DD continues to play a team game instead of trying to do more individually.
        OG is our king

Comment

I'm actually curious to see who starts at PG. Can make a case for either Delon or Fred.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I'm actually curious to see who starts at PG. Can make a case for either Delon or Fred.
            It could also be Brown. Casey doesn't typically like to change his rotations when an injury happens.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I'd love to hear the case for Fred.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                It could also be Brown. Casey doesn't typically like to change his rotations when an injury happens.
                "Dwane, it's easy. Just start Delon, and then pretend Delon's injured when it's time for the bench to go in. Problem solved."

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  That would be hilariously dwane
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Mostly it's that he has his own logo and online store - https://fvv-23.myshopify.com/

Logo + "doesn't turn the ball over" + Dwane Casey = starting point guard, FVV!
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I should've clarified that Casey can make a case for both.

"He's a bulldog."

"He makes plays."

"He's a calming force."

Comment

As a generally rule in today's NBA, shorter players with significantly less wingspan, athleticism and overall defensive presence are preferred, if all else is basically equal. Duh.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status...6%7Ctwterm%5E0

Goddammit lebron the world was much simpler when I hated you
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Might just lose my shit if Fred gets the start. Great kid but he's worse in every way compared to Delon.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Might just lose my shit if Fred gets the start. Great kid but he's worse in every way compared to Delon.
                              It's going to happen. We should just accept it now.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X