No announcement yet.

Game #40: Cleveland Cavaliers 99 - Toronto Raptors 133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With this thread close to 40 pages vis a vis some of the 6 page threads on recent games vs the Nets and such you have to draw the conclusion that the Republican Guard is pretty jacked right now....

This was an error on the Cavs part if they mailed one in last night cuz they're "bored". They have now given a clear indicator to both the Raps and the Chowderheads that they can be had.... Is it a rope a dope ? ... Going to say no.

Lebron is beside himself with the lack of motor the team has shown. IT's has been cleared to play but anyone who has had a serious injury to their hip knows that it takes a lot of time to really heal up. There is no...none.. nada.. zappo .. bupkis rim protection on the Cavs right now... its an eye opener to anyone with a serious big with hands (Detroit, Washington, Raps, Miami, and the Bucks if the Alpahbet plays the 5) that the Cavs are not just vulnerable inside but pretty much helpless.

Are the Cavs still a threat to come out of the east.. with number 23 suiting up.. you bet.... However.. they are not the sure bet that most felt was the case as the season tipped off in October.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jan 12, 2018, 12:34 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Any thoughts on how this team compares, in terms of defense, with past teams? As currently constructed, with the bench unit able to carry some weight, both Lowry and Derozan can play fewer minutes and it seems to have really helped their effort (particularly DD). In the playoffs Ibaka will get those all important days off. Don't have to say anything about OG. With the improvement of the other four spots JV isn't getting exposed as much and can focus more on his defensive strengths, man on man and rebounding. The bench unit has to approach if not beat any other bench unit the Raps have ever had for defensive ability. Given their age and experience, I would expect steady improvement in that area for at least the next couple of years.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        Any thoughts on how this team compares, in terms of defense, with past teams? As currently constructed, with the bench unit able to carry some weight, both Lowry and Derozan can play fewer minutes and it seems to have really helped their effort (particularly DD). In the playoffs Ibaka will get those all important days off. Don't have to say anything about OG. With the improvement of the other four spots JV isn't getting exposed as much and can focus more on his defensive strengths, man on man and rebounding. The bench unit has to approach if not beat any other bench unit the Raps have ever had for defensive ability. Given their age and experience, I would expect steady improvement in that area for at least the next couple of years.
        It's way better. OG at the wing makes a huge difference. Serge at PF makes a huge difference. Having a lot of athletic defenders off the bench (Wright, Siakam, Poeltl) and each of them having a year or two of experience under their belts makes a huge difference. And the ball movement offence keeps everyone engaged and the stars less loaded, so we are seeing better defence from DD and JV as well.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm praying Casey sticks with the script come playoffs. We don't need to cut down the rotation, play to our strengths and send/start players in based on match-ups.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
            I'm praying Casey sticks with the script come playoffs. We don't need to cut down the rotation, play to our strengths and send/start players in based on match-ups.
            I do want to see the stars get more time, specifically Lowry getting his minutes with the bench. No reason to roll out 5-man bench units in the playoffs. Wright is showing he can slot into Lowry's spot in the starting unit and play well, so stagger the stars more and keep the offence rolling for 48 minutes.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
              I'm praying Casey sticks with the script come playoffs. We don't need to cut down the rotation, play to our strengths and send/start players in based on match-ups.
              In years past, he's maintained a long rotation come playoff time, much to the frustration of many here (myself included). But this year, the bench is such a strength for us, it would be a shame to limit it just because we're "supposed to".

Like Dan said, as long as we limit our 5 man bench units, this should be a deep run. The best one yet.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Yeah, the chevrons just look out of place. But the court design looks great.
                The court looks fine from way back but the unimaginative chevrons look out of place there too....it's all just a questionable fail imo, I just don't see the need for it. Is it some charity thing or just another ill advised marketing reach into consumers pockets?

Comment

• kevin love at the 5 is an insult to basketball.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    The court looks fine from way back but the unimaginative chevrons look out of place there too....it's all just a questionable fail imo, I just don't see the need for it. Is it some charity thing or just another ill advised marketing reach into consumers pockets?
                    What do you mean? They are gonna sell like crazy. Just like last OVO jerseys
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      kevin love at the 5 is an insult to basketball.
                      Yeah, I really hope Cleveland doesn't trade for Jordan or someone else like that cause JV (and to a lesser extent Poeltl) absolutely murdered them inside
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, I really hope Cleveland doesn't trade for Jordan or someone else like that cause JV (and to a lesser extent Poeltl) absolutely murdered them inside
                        how is cleveland going to get Jordan? They're not going to trade that pick they got for Irving.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Any thoughts on how this team compares, in terms of defense, with past teams? As currently constructed, with the bench unit able to carry some weight, both Lowry and Derozan can play fewer minutes and it seems to have really helped their effort (particularly DD). In the playoffs Ibaka will get those all important days off. Don't have to say anything about OG. With the improvement of the other four spots JV isn't getting exposed as much and can focus more on his defensive strengths, man on man and rebounding. The bench unit has to approach if not beat any other bench unit the Raps have ever had for defensive ability. Given their age and experience, I would expect steady improvement in that area for at least the next couple of years.
                          The biggest difference year-over-year from where I sit (and in fairness I've missed a lot games this year) is their three point defense. On a per game they are giving up about the same number of attempts and makes but versus the league, they've moved from bottom half to top 2. To me, that's a direct result of their improved athleticism which has allowed them to tweak their scheme.

Big test on Saturday to see if they can keep it up against a great shooting team.

Comment

• That was a huge statement win. I'm not sure if it will carry into the playoffs. Lebron (and the refs) play at a much different level once the playoffs start. DeMar was amazing though. The game plan for Cleveland was so easy.. trap DD every time he gets.. and every time they did he passed to an open guy and we got a really good look/score.

I hope that DD is who we get in the playoffs. Even if he only puts up 13 points.

The rebounding effort last night was a complete 180 from the game against Miami. Casey must have made that a point of emphasis. There was lots of boxing out.. it wasn't just JV and Poeltl but everyone seemed to make it a priority to grab boards. That's what Boston's been doing.. that's what we need to do more consistently.

Glad Powell got some buckets. He still made some bone headed plays though, but baby steps are still good. Siakam's defense was reminiscent of what we saw earlier this year. FVV was on fire. CJ even got some good looks.

This is a game I'm definitely going to be watching again in the dog days of the summer.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Would we have won this game with Ibaka and Kyle?
                              I'm hoping Casey and DD/Kyle/Ibaka learned a ton watching this game ...
                              Especially Ibaka. Guy is easily the worst ball stopper in our lineup.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jan 12, 2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• A lot of us have complained about Casey, but Lue is probably the worst coach in the league. Cavs have always been old, but their D has been steadily getting worse since they fired Blatt, and their O has seemingly no strategy at all. I can't think of one thing Cleveland does that makes it seem like Lue has any clue. Their lineups/rotations are a complete mess too

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jan 12, 2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X