Likes Likes:  167
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 842

Thread: Game #40: Cleveland Cavaliers 99 - Toronto Raptors 133

  1. #821
    Raptors Republic All-Star The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,493
    Likes (Given)
    43
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Default

    Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Which in the past would cause both my sphincters to tighten up..but somehow not so much this year. To use a horse racing analogy James has gone to the whip at the half way pole....He has to be wondering how much this team has left....If you look at their personnel..there are a lot of specialist type role players ...Korver shots 3s..no dribbling or much defense..Fry the same....Thompson is an offensive rebounding machine .but not much for shooting or handling the ball.....JR Smith shoots 3s and no defense...IT is a scorer and ball handler but no guarding...

    The Raps have a lot of guys who can shoot, dribble and guard...combine that with the Cavs are ALL getting older by the week and it doesn’t seem as daunting...

    That all said ..would still like to see anyone but them in the semis or the ECF...but it’s not come to Jesus moment it used to be over the last 3 years.
    This analysis sound familiar, did you just loan this from the ESPN boys...

  2. #822
    Raptors Republic All-Star The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,493
    Likes (Given)
    43
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Default

    Cavs May let go of that NJ pick and package Tristan for DJ

  3. #823
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,696
    Likes (Given)
    889
    Likes (Received)
    1151

    Default

    Quote The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    This analysis sound familiar, did you just loan this from the ESPN boys...
    The specialist stuff yeah...billups was talking this up and it makes some sense as it applies to the Raps.....That they are getting older..I have been pounding that for a couple years now...and that the raps have way more speed I have been on since the summer.......I had to be right on the aging team once... and I think this the year...man those guys get beat to the spot on defense a lot..and itís not scheme..itís their legs telling their minds I canít get you there quick enough...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:38 AM.

  4. #824
    Raptors Republic All-Star The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,493
    Likes (Given)
    43
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Default

    Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    The specialist stuff yeah...billups was talking this up and it makes some sense as it applies to the Raps.....That they are getting older..I have been pounding that for a couple years now...and that the raps have way more speed I have been on since the summer.......I had to be right on the aging team once... and I think this the year...man those guys get beat to the spot on defense a lot..and itís not scheme..itís their legs telling their minds I canít get you there quick enough...
    Shumpert can narrow the gap on defense, his absence is a factor IMO. How much gas is left in the tank of Wade is also something that is vital to their success in the Finals. Both guys are defensive minded players so both have to be healthy for the Cavs to improve their defensive rating.

    As the ESPN boys stated, IT is still recovering so I expect him to find a consistent offense in the near future.

    I still pick them to represent the East but beating the Warriors is another story.

  5. #825
    Raptors Republic Veteran Zainab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,452
    Likes (Given)
    504
    Likes (Received)
    569

    Default



  6. #826
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,762
    Likes (Given)
    934
    Likes (Received)
    3350

    Default

    Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    The specialist stuff yeah...billups was talking this up and it makes some sense as it applies to the Raps.....That they are getting older..I have been pounding that for a couple years now...and that the raps have way more speed I have been on since the summer.......I had to be right on the aging team once... and I think this the year...man those guys get beat to the spot on defense a lot..and itís not scheme..itís their legs telling their minds I canít get you there quick enough...
    But are the Cavs getting older? It's not like they ever had a lot of young talent. They were a pretty old team around LeBron the year they won. And they actually have more flexibility in terms of not having to depend on the Jeffersons and James Jones of the world.

    I don't really buy the "old" argument with them. They're just a mess with no real identity other than it being LeBron's team. Horrible coaching and aimless management.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  7. #827
    Raptors Republic All-Star The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,493
    Likes (Given)
    43
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Default

    As Casey had stated, one loss or a series of losses does not break or make the season. Cavs are the Cavs, they will find their groove eventually.

    Not until a team can beat them in a SEVEN game series...meaning FOUR WINS out of seven, they are still the legit contender.

    That being said also, they have to defeat the Warriors for four games too.

  8. #828
    Raptors Republic Veteran Zainab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,452
    Likes (Given)
    504
    Likes (Received)
    569

    Default

    We've come a lonnngg waay


  9. #829
    Raptors Republic Veteran Zainab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,452
    Likes (Given)
    504
    Likes (Received)
    569

    Default

    I don't know why I find this hilarious



  10. #830
    Raptors Republic All-Star The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,493
    Likes (Given)
    43
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Default

    RR posters are funny, while most networks were talking about Trump’s shithole comments, Fox News were talking about the type of burgers Burger King is offering.

    Classic

  11. #831
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    336
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    the Charlotte dragons logo is not bad, the NJ swamp dragons are hideous, whose ever heard of a swamp dragon anyways!?

  12. #832
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,696
    Likes (Given)
    889
    Likes (Received)
    1151

    Default

    Quote The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Shumpert can narrow the gap on defense, his absence is a factor IMO. How much gas is left in the tank of Wade is also something that is vital to their success in the Finals. Both guys are defensive minded players so both have to be healthy for the Cavs to improve their defensive rating.

    As the ESPN boys stated, IT is still recovering so I expect him to find a consistent offense in the near future.

    I still pick them to represent the East but beating the Warriors is another story.
    Re IThomas..agree ....it takes a while to fully recover from that kind of an injury.. if you ever do... and its too early to see how much of the Boston 2016 version of Thomas surfaces this year. Basing this on nothing more than an Abbas source...but I think the Cavs don't get the production from Thomas this year they had hoped for.

    Lots of miles on Dwayne Wade... he is 36 I think ... and he has played a ton of hard NBA minutes.. Its like watching the Jeter victory lap when he retired....the name is still there.. the skills to consistently excel have deserted Wade.

    Shump isn't a difference maker .. he is back in the next 2 or 3 weeks and he can't and won't hurt that crappy defense... its 29th overall... so lets see if the return of the shump is more impactful than a canadian senate reform debate.

    I got ahead of my blocking last year... but this Cavs malaise is different at least to me...... I think this is the year the Cavs don't make it out of a pretty good Eastern conference... Not enough want to ....



    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    But are the Cavs getting older? It's not like they ever had a lot of young talent. They were a pretty old team around LeBron the year they won. And they actually have more flexibility in terms of not having to depend on the Jeffersons and James Jones of the world.

    I don't really buy the "old" argument with them. They're just a mess with no real identity other than it being LeBron's team. Horrible coaching and aimless management.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    WMCJ... Only in pro sports is mid 30's old and the clock is running.... but it its.... reflexes which put us to shame start to slide and your body just can't react as quickly to what your head is telling you to do..... and on the Lebrons....

    Wade at 35 is running on borrowed time... So is Fry at 34 ... Korver is 36... Smith is 32..Lebron is 33.... Jeff Green is 31 ...Love is 29.... Thomas... who is hurt is just 28....Lots of rotation minutes with those guys.... I am on this because teams get old in front of your eyes at times and thats what I am seeing in the Cavs... yeah they might go on another run of 17 and 5 or something.... but I think this is the year that Father time takes a round out of the Cavs.

    Crappy coaching and an unsure mgmt team are indeed accelerants to this sliding crew...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jan 13th, 2018 at 01:14 PM.

  13. #833
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    12,777
    Likes (Given)
    802
    Likes (Received)
    2590

    Default

    The Cavs do this EVERY YEAR. Just like last year, they're going to turn the switch come playoff time.

    Obviously losing Irving is HUGE. But they still have LeBron James.

  14. #834
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,300
    Likes (Given)
    2872
    Likes (Received)
    4782

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    But are the Cavs getting older? It's not like they ever had a lot of young talent. They were a pretty old team around LeBron the year they won. And they actually have more flexibility in terms of not having to depend on the Jeffersons and James Jones of the world.

    I don't really buy the "old" argument with them. They're just a mess with no real identity other than it being LeBron's team. Horrible coaching and aimless management.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Yes, they were a pretty old team when they won..now add 2 more years of 100+ games. Korver will be 37 before playoffs. Wade will be 36 on Wednesday. They both look every bit their age. James will be 33, Frye will be 35. Crowder will be a beaten down 28, he's aging like amir johnson. They replaced a prime kyrie irving with an older, much smaller guard with a bad hip.

    There is definite cracks in the armour. One day they may go to "flip the switch" and find that the fuse is blown.
    #WhiteHouseDown

  15. #835
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,762
    Likes (Given)
    934
    Likes (Received)
    3350

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Yes, they were a pretty old team when they won..now add 2 more years of 100+ games. Korver will be 37 before playoffs. Wade will be 36 on Wednesday. They both look every bit their age. James will be 33, Frye will be 35. Crowder will be a beaten down 28, he's aging like amir johnson. They replaced a prime kyrie irving with an older, much smaller guard with a bad hip.

    There is definite cracks in the armour. One day they may go to "flip the switch" and find that the fuse is blown.
    Yeah but adding Crowder and Green was getting "younger" for them. Replacing guys like Jones and Jefferson. And it's not like they played fast before. They were never a get up and down the court team. So I just think they're playing worse. And the coach is only worsening things.

    Wade is the only one really broken down. And JR Smith has been garbage most of his time there, just an occasionally streaky shooter. Korver was never an athlete even in his prime. Irving was also broken down half the time before they traded him away, so Thomas is not really a physical downgrade except literally in height. Frye is basically Bargnani without being a high pick...he's not athletic or tough.

    But rotations were easy before. They lacked depth and talent at most spots. They are actually probably deeper on paper than previous teams. Their lineups are ugly, and Lue has no clue what he's doing now that the choices aren't painfully obvious.

    *Oh and no one on the team other than LeBron is averaging over 30mpg. So it's not like these supposedly old and breaking down guys are being given heavy workloads.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Jan 13th, 2018 at 02:10 PM.

  16. #836
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,762
    Likes (Given)
    934
    Likes (Received)
    3350

    Default

    Cleveland is deeper but the talent doesnct fit great together, and Lue is utilizing pieces about as poorly as possible. Both management and coaching approach this like old school NBA people: signing names they recognize regardless of fit, and playing guys based on reps/names instead of again, how they fit.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  17. #837
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    24,350
    Likes (Given)
    2280
    Likes (Received)
    5537

    Default

    We all know the real reason why Cavs are struggling...


  18. #838
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,300
    Likes (Given)
    2872
    Likes (Received)
    4782

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    We all know the real reason why Cavs are struggling...

    The Kurse!
    #WhiteHouseDown

  19. #839
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,633
    Likes (Given)
    797
    Likes (Received)
    2535

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    The Kurse!
    TT still got a chip....

    NBA Player Ty Lawson Says Sex With A Kardashian = Championship Ring
    Written By ionehiphopwiredstaff

    Posted June 22, 2010

    Ty Lawson believes sex with a Kardashian will get you an NBA championship.

    TyLawson3: I’ll take one for the team lol

    With some thinking that hard work and determination can easily lead to rewards in professional sports, one player believes that the Kardashian family is the way to nab a championship in sports.

    Ty Lawson, of the Denver Nuggets, has a theory and believes that having sex with a Kardashian leads to a player’s team getting the big win.

    Citing Lamar Odom and the Los Angeles Lakers’ recent win, along with Reggie Bush and the New Orleans Saints taking the Superbowl championship, the skills of Kim and Khloe might have to be who people really need to be thanking.

    In an attempt to help his team out, Lawson stated that he is willing to “take one for the team” and engage in a few hot moments with either if it brings the Nuggets the ultimate prize.

    TyLawson3: I heard if u hit a kardashian u win a championship.. Kim k holla me!!! I neeed ya for 17 min
    http://hiphopwired.com/44834/nba-pla...pionship-ring/

  20. #840
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,300
    Likes (Given)
    2872
    Likes (Received)
    4782

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Kanye hasn't had a hit song in years, lamar nearly died on coke and viagra hiding in a brothel, and Bruce chopped his dick off.

    Keep your championship, lol
    #WhiteHouseDown

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •