Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Brad Stevens is the best Coach ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great win for the GOAT last night.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      Another great win for the GOAT last night.
      Who? Luke Walton?

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Good to know that Stevens' pass checks out. Hopelly some day we can finally judge him on his playoffs performances and not just regular season success. It's a shame he is not held to same standard as Casey.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        Yup, it does. Just like Casey's pass checks out in the Washington series when Lowry wasn't 100%. And again, I'm more than willing to listen to criticism of Stevens' specific strategies, rotations and play calling.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Yup, it does. Just like Casey's pass checks out in the Washington series when Lowry wasn't 100%. And again, I'm more than willing to listen to criticism of Stevens' specific strategies, rotations and play calling.
          You know very well nobody gives Casey a pass for that series or any series where Lowry been injured. Which has been most of them.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

One way to settle this debate. If you could choose the Raptors GM and coach from scratch. Which duo you got?

1. Masai + Casey
            2. Masai + Stevens
            3. Ainge + Casey
            4. Ainge + Stevens
            5. Babcock + Triano
            6. Doesn't matter + Popovich
            Last edited by golden; Fri Feb 9, 2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

You know very well nobody gives Casey a pass for that series or any series where Lowry been injured. Which has been most of them.

Strange that Lowry was injured for consecutive playoff series... I mean, great coach/management team would make sure he's well-rested before the playoffs, right?

Honestly though, I don't get this. Raps knew that Kyle's body was breaking down, but he still played normal big minutes before the playoffs. Players wear 3-D accelerometer, 3-D gyroscope and 3-D digital compass during the game and practices. Coaches knew that his body was tired.
              Last edited by rocwell; Fri Feb 9, 2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                One way to settle this debate. Which duo you got?

1. Masai + Casey
                2. Masai + Stevens
                3. Ainge + Casey
                4. Ainge + Stevens
                5. Babcock + Triano
                Masai + Casey hands down

#%*^ Boston 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Strange that Lowry was injured for consecutive playoff series... I mean, great coach/management team would make sure he's well-rested before the playoffs, right?
                  Yeah, wierd how the Celtics didn't think about that with their best player last year. I guess they don't have a great coach/management team. Wait, I forgot about the double standard when it comes to Stevens.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Feb 9, 2018, 11:44 AM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yeah, wierd how the Celtics didn't think about that with their best player last year...

I have no opinion on the Celtics just yet. I like Brad, but 2017/18 Casey is better in my eyes.

I just know that it took Casey 3 years to adjust the system... even though everyone knew about Kyle's problems to stay healthy for the playoffs.

Comment

I have no opinion on the Celtics just yet. I like Brad, but 2017/18 Casey is better in my eyes.

I just know that it took Casey 3 years to adjust the system... even though everyone knew about Kyle's problems to stay healthy for the playoffs.
                      Casey cant control Kyle's health. Kyle has played less minutes so far this year and has already been out with injury. Kyle style of play will always put him at an injury risk.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Casey cant control Kyle's health. Kyle has played less minutes so far this year and has already been out with injury. Kyle style of play will always put him at an injury risk.

I absolutely agree with you, but there was a pattern of chronic tiredness. I'm sure STATSports or some other tracker that NBA uses flagged problems. Obviously we can't put a blame on Casey, but I would bet my house that coaching staff and management were worried about Kyle before the playoffs... yet he still played big minutes. Things look very different this year tho. 2018 playoffs should tell us a lot about our coaches, Kyle's health, players and management team. Very important year for everyone.
                        Last edited by rocwell; Fri Feb 9, 2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I absolutely agree with you, but there was a pattern of chronic tiredness. I'm sure STATSports or some other tracker that NBA uses showed that. Obviously we can't put a blame on Casey, but I would bet my house that coaching staff and management were worried about Kyle before the playoffs... yet he still played big minutes.
                          Kyle was out for like the last 2 months of the season last year. He was well rested going into the playoffs and still got hurt. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he got hurt again this year.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                            Masai + Casey hands down

#%*^ Boston ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            The idea is that you can choose from scratch. The coach and GM pairing would be Raptors.

Comment

I absolutely agree with you, but there was a pattern of chronic tiredness. I'm sure STATSports or some other tracker that NBA uses flagged problems. Obviously we can't put a blame on Casey, but I would bet my house that coaching staff and management were worried about Kyle before the playoffs... yet he still played big minutes. Things look very different this year tho. 2018 playoffs should tell us a lot about our coaches, Kyle's health, players and management team. Very important year for everyone.
                              It's not just about the big minutes. Kyle was being asked to drive into the paint and get contact so he could get to the FT line. That was a big part of the offense in the past. Pretty sure that style of play was a big contributor to Kyle wearing down every year.

Lowry FTA/100

This year: 5.6
                              Last year: 8.2
                              Year before: 8.9

Comment

Have you guys looked at Boston’s roster? Ours is vastly superior and it’s not even close. There’s a reason why the Celtics are so competitive with a bunch of rookies and sophomore and I don’t know why some people can’t see that. I’m very proud of Casey for making the change, he owned up to his poor decisions over the last couple years and rebuilt the offence and the defence. But it’s hard not to see that Brad Stevens is a better coach when you look at the success he’s had with a 5’9 guard and and a bunch of scrubs. Now he’s got a guard over 6 feet and he’s doing even better. I still think the raptors are better and are going to win but that’s based on roster differences and the fact that we’ve been able to change and maintain this offence.

Comment

Working...
                                X