Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Brad Stevens is the best Coach ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere in between the guys who think he can do no wrong and the guys who think he can do no right lies a good, hardworking, imperfect coach
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
      That's impossible lol.

You'll never be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It's amazing how Casey apologists equate something like 'minimum expectation for an above average NBA head coach' with 'impossible'.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        It's amazing how Casey apologists equate something like 'minimum expectation for an above average NBA head coach' with 'impossible'.
        Casey haters can't see how anyone can point to Casey being an above average coach.

Your minimum expectation is irrelevant. Masai seems to think the opposite. But I guess he's just a Casey apologist as well.

It's amazing you still see us all the way down here, from your perch.

Comment

Casey haters can't see how anyone can point to Casey being an above average coach.

Your minimum expectation is irrelevant. Masai seems to think the opposite. But I guess he's just a Casey apologist as well.

'Apologists' vs 'Haters'...

I guess the district of Derozan has a thriving economy so we needed a new war
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

My perch lol. Apparently asking an NBA coach to have one playoffs free of bad decisions before calling him 'above average' is a perch.
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

My perch lol. Apparently asking an NBA coach to have one playoffs free of bad decisions before calling him 'above average' is a perch.
              I'm sure the national media or local beat writers didn't question the genius Brad Stevens one bit that week he was down 0-2 to the Bulls. Or when they lost an ECF game by a historic margin by a 1 seed.

I dont get this idea that this forum has with the playoffs being easy. The only eastern conference team that hasn't struggled in the playoffs is one the with LBJ.

Playoffs aren't suppose to be easy. That's what happens when NBA players try on every possesion. They do not do that in the regular season.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I'm sure the national media or local beat writers didn't question the genius Brad Stevens one bit that week he was down 0-2 to the Bulls. Or when they lost an ECF game by a historic margin by a 1 seed.

I dont get this idea that this forum has with the playoffs being easy. The only eastern conference team that hasn't struggled in the playoffs is one the with LBJ.

Playoffs aren't suppose to be easy. That's what happens when NBA players try on every possesion. They do not do that in the regular season.

Genius Brad Stevens gets a pass on the Boston series because his best player and only reliable scorer was injured and had just suffered a terrible death in the family. In the same way, Casey gets a pass on certain aspects of the Raptors' playoff hardships because Lowry's been injured.

But Casey's also had many specific strategy/rotations/play calls that were rightly criticized by many. If there's similar examples with Stevens, I'm all ears.
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Genius Brad Stevens gets a pass on the Boston series because his best player and only reliable scorer was injured and had just suffered a terrible death in the family. In the same way, Casey gets a pass on certain aspects of the Raptors' playoff hardships because Lowry's been injured.

But Casey's also had many specific strategy/rotations/play calls that were rightly criticized by many. If there's similar examples with Stevens, I'm all ears.
                  Ok what's the pass for being down to a 8 seed full players who didn't like each other?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Ok what's the pass for being down to a 8 seed full players who didn't like each other?

Lol I just said what the pass was.
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Again, the biggest complaint of Casey is that he vigorously defended a system that was easy to stop in the playoffs which didn't put his stars in the best position to succeed, when like you said... NBA players try on every possession AND opposing coaches exploit your weaknesses. Don't have to listen to me on that point, it was Masai's complaint and I'm glad he had the cajones to go public with it. He should have listened to RR posters and done that 3-4 years ago, but whatever.

Comment

Lol I just said what the pass was.
                        IT wasn't injured than and his sister was still alive during the first round.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          Again, the biggest complaint of Casey is that he vigorously defended a system that was easy to stop in the playoffs which didn't put his stars in the best position to succeed, when like you said... NBA players try on every possession AND opposing coaches exploit your weaknesses. Don't have to listen to me on that point, it was Masai's complaint and I'm glad he had the cajones to go public with it. He should have listened to RR posters and done that 3-4 years ago, but whatever.
                          You do know this offence will struggle too right? That we most likely go 5-7 games in every series right. Offensive system isn't what is keeping raps out of the finals it's talent.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

You do know this offence will struggle too right? That we most likely go 5-7 games in every series right.

Yeah, but our stars struggle worse than other stars. Like, historically worse. That's well documented and common knowledge. That's not putting your players in a position to succeed and that's why Masai mandated the change.

Comment

IT wasn't injured than and his sister was still alive during the first round.

He'd been injured for a long time before and was playing through it, and yes, she died the day before the playoffs started.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

He'd been injured for a long time before and was playing through it, and yes, she died the day before the playoffs started.
                                Good to know that Stevens' pass checks out. Hopelly some day we can finally judge him on his playoffs performances and not just regular season success. It's a shame he is not held to same standard as Casey.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X