Tech Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Anyone get anything cool for Christmas Tech wise?

My wife hooked me up with a Huawei P20 Pro. I've been living in the dark ages and using a land line before now. She got that converted to a cell.

Pretty cool phone. Has three cameras. Going to have to take a lot of pictures now.
    Not familiar w the phone you rec'd but surprised to find out not too long ago how large and well known Huawei is. It wasn't that long ago when I finally got rid of the landline and transported that number to my cell .... still do not use the cellphone capabilities to anywhere near the capabilities... I tend to default to the trusted laptop for anything requiring too many keystrokes ...haha... clumsy fingers do me in.

Anyone have any exp. with the Lenovo T450S laptop? Am kind of leaning towards it. Thks.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Not familiar w the phone you rec'd but surprised to find out not too long ago how large and well known Huawei is. It wasn't that long ago when I finally got rid of the landline and transported that number to my cell .... still do not use the cellphone capabilities to anywhere near the capabilities... I tend to default to the trusted laptop for anything requiring too many keystrokes ...haha... clumsy fingers do me in.

Anyone have any exp. with the Lenovo T450S laptop? Am kind of leaning towards it. Thks.
      I use a Lenova for work.. not that specific model that you mentioned though. I don't really have much to compare mine with.. always used a Lenova. The earlier models sucked, but this new one I have (P50) has been pretty good. Battery life can be better, so I usually keep mine plugged in.

My recommendation would be that whatever laptop you get, make sure it has an SSD drive. Makes a huge difference.

Comment

Anyone familiar with roku tv sets? Do they work they android boxes? Can i steal everything with one?

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          Anyone familiar with roku tv sets? Do they work they android boxes? Can i steal everything with one?
          As far as I know you can't. But you can on your xbox with Kodi.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

Is this coming?

Comment

Anyone know anything about GoPros? Going on vacation soon and think about picking up the Hero 7 black.

Comment

They are most advertised action cameras.

Alright, I won't be a smartass dick. The stabilization feature is probably the only thing, which would make me consider buying it, if it was Hero 6, I wouldn't have bought it though. Chineese competition is at least twice as cheap and as good hardware wise (worse support and software).
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                  They are most advertised action cameras.

Alright, I won't be a smartass dick. The stabilization feature is probably the only thing, which would make me consider buying it, if it was Hero 6, I wouldn't have bought it though. Chineese competition is at least twice as cheap and as good hardware wise (worse support and software).
                  I like that you can record underwater video too. Not sure what other cameras do that. But haven't done much research either.

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post
                    I like that you can record underwater video too. Not sure what other cameras do that. But haven't done much research either.

Haven't watched action camera market for a while, but there's always cases and competition has them sold with the camera as well.

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post

Have you heard of /checked this out? It seems to have good reviews by customers ...

https://www.amazon.ca/Campark-ACT74-...r+video+camera

Comment

The one I bought a few years ago (budget option) was this Firefly 7s, was satisfied with the price/quality ratio:

https://www.gearbest.com/action-came...ml?wid=1527929 (this is their newer build, haven't tested it but I guess it couldn't be worse if it's a newer camera).

Comment

A fascinating 10 minute vid talk explaining/comparing a quantum computer to the binary one we use today.... and the application possibilities.

https://www.ted.com/talks/shohini_gh...the_week_image

Comment

Switched to the pixel 3 XL last month from the Nexus 6P (lasted me 3 years). Very solid phone, amazing camera, great screen, stereo speakers, and operates very smoothly as expected from a stock android device. Only gripe would be the 4GB of memory and the battery life, which is still great (lasts about a full day), but could be much better

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Switched to the pixel 3 XL last month from the Nexus 6P (lasted me 3 years). Very solid phone, amazing camera, great screen, stereo speakers, and operates very smoothly as expected from a stock android device. Only gripe would be the 4GB of memory and the battery life, which is still great (lasts about a full day), but could be much better
                              No microSD card slot?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                No microSD card slot?
                                Google never puts microSD slots in their phones. They're trynna push google drive cloud storage, plus the lowest you can get is 64 GB which is quite a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X