Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLF wrote: View Post
    Why what did he do?
    Here's a couple clips from the end of the game, I don't know about the rest of it, but the shooting seems to indicate a very poor performance even without these two gaffes

He tried to call a timeout at the end there lol. Nuggets forgot they had one, Teague forgot he didn't
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Toronto ftw

Two Toronto cops are suspended for 'eating marijuana edibles and then calling for backup when one almost passed out and the other got stuck in a tree'

Comment

Minnesota @ Toronto Jason Phillips (#23) Jason Goldenberg (#35) Kevin Scott (#28)

No one named Tony Brothers, Scott Foster or One Eyed Ed Malloy....on the whistle tonight.... which in itself is a win.

That doesn't mean there won't be egregious groaners called or missed... but it just can't and won't be as bad as the game in Minny where the Raps got their starting big called for 4 fouls in what seemed like 30 seconds effectively ending his night before it even got started......Ole Scott's crew somehow got caught up in the moment and in a 50/50 league wound up calling 11 fouls to Minnys 2 in the 3rd Q.

If the whistle is down the middle or even close to it.... The Raps are coming in with a day off while Minny is coming in on the charter in the small hours of the morning and get to play a B2B. Towns will be a handful and Butler and Wiggins are really good as well. OG can only guard one of Wiggins or Butler which means DD is going to have to step it up tonight on the defensive side of the ball and be a good distributor as well as getting a few. Thibs will play the same defensive scheme he always plays and doubles the ball handler and isolating him on one side of the court....

Minny is a tough team ... So are the Raps.... Bench wins it tonight for the home side...
        Raps W.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jan 30, 2018, 10:47 AM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
          Here's a couple clips from the end of the game, I don't know about the rest of it, but the shooting seems to indicate a very poor performance even without these two gaffes

He tried to call a timeout at the end there lol. Nuggets forgot they had one, Teague forgot he didn't
          Kids, don't read Thibodeau's lips...

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Once again, let's go with minimal effort for the thread cause that worked last time.

Projected Starters for Toronto:

Kyle "I had a better game" Lowry
            Demar "I was trash, then I wasn't" DeRozan
            OG "I played defense of Ingram really well" Anunoby
            Serge "I was once again just meh" Ibaka
            Jonas "If I didn't get into foul trouble, I would have had a better game" Valanciunas

Anyways, GO RAPTORS.
            Hard to believe we are in a season where JV goes for 13+10 in 24 minutes, adds two assists and is a +7 with a team-best on-court DRTG, and it's viewed as "well, could have been better."

On that note, the Raptors have reverted to their usual win production scheme, with Lowry stepping back a bit compared to the past, based on WS/48.

JV .207
            DD .189
            Lowry .170
            Poeltl .170
            Wright .159

FVV, Serge, Miles, Siakam and OG all at or above .100 (league average) as well. Real team effort this year.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think that it was not a shot on JV but on the refs.

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                I would like all of you to pray to your favourite deity that the Raptors get a fair, or even slightly friendly home town court whistle. Especially JV and Jak.
                That last game against Minny was the closest thing to proof of refs fixing a game it seemed. After halftime they seemingly decided Minny would win and it has never felt so blatantly obvious. Hell even since the beginning of the game when they took out JV. The foul disparity was pure insanity. Towns got so many bogus calls i was losing my mind. I wasnt even mad at the raps for losing that game. Minny didnt deserve to win.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

Bahahahahhhahah oh no!!! I thought Kyle played bad the other day. This is just sad.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Raps need to win this one.. tired of losing to good teams. Especially tired in losing in the clutch.

Comment

I don't want to defend Jeff teague but I will. Obviously the 1 for 12 is disgusting and that first turnover was horrible. That second turnover, he really didn't have anywhere to throw it.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                        I don't want to defend Jeff teague but I will. Obviously the 1 for 12 is disgusting and that first turnover was horrible. That second turnover, he really didn't have anywhere to throw it.
                        Unfortunately you cant just not throw it in and still have a chance to win tho...

Last edited by Machine; Tue Jan 30, 2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Report: Wizards' John Wall to miss 6 weeks due to knee injury

Comment

The Clippers and Pistons have agreed on a deal to trade Blake Griffin for Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic, a first-round and a second-round draft pick, league sources tell ESPN.

Clippers are including Brice Johnson and Willie Reed in the trade, league sources tell ESPN.

Sources: Protections on Detroit's 2018 first-round pick headed to Clippers -- 2018: 1-4; 2019: 1-4; 2020: 1-4; 2021: unprotected. Detroit will send a 2019 second-round pick in the trade too.

This would appear to be the first step in a full-blown Clippers teardown as Wojnarowski reports that they are also looking to move centre DeAndre Jordan and dynamic guard Lou Williams before the Feb. 8 trade deadline.

Sources: Clippers will continue to pursue packages of young players and picks in talks for DeAndre Jordan and Lou Williams.

PLEASE no DeAndre to the Cavs!

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post
                              That last game against Minny was the closest thing to proof of refs fixing a game it seemed. After halftime they seemingly decided Minny would win and it has never felt so blatantly obvious. Hell even since the beginning of the game when they took out JV. The foul disparity was pure insanity. Towns got so many bogus calls i was losing my mind. I wasnt even mad at the raps for losing that game. Minny didnt deserve to win.

The Utah game was pretty bad too. JV's 5th foul in that game was very obviously an attempt by the ref to get him out with about 5 minutes left in a tight game where we outplayed them pretty much every second JV was on the court. It was a terrible call as I don't think I've ever seen an offensive foul called on a similar play in about 25 years of watching basketball.

I really think one of the refs in that Utah game had money on the game. That call was just atrocious.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

No Fred van Vleet tonight - he's with family celebrating the birth of his daughter - congrats Fred!

Comment

Working...
                                X