Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    OR

His live in cousin darius left the milk and cereal on the counter overnight and the milk went bad even though lebron has asked him multiple times to put it back when he's done, lebron had belief darius was learning and he's dissapointed.
    I already added a "BUT" so there can be no more "OR"

Comment

• I like Freddy, but not so much to go into the tax for him. We're talking a 3rd string PG here. Can be easily replaced.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        The thing is, he's not really a 10th man anymore. Casey's using him more like a 6th man.
        Averages the 9th most minutes on the team this year (and that's with Wright missing a chunk of games, and less than half a minute out of 10th ahead of Poeltl, whose minutes have been suppressed by the odd 3-C rotation we got a lot of). He uses him in odd spots (including closing, like a 6th man), but he doesn't use him a huge amount.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Very unique role, like a baseball closer. He's like the last sub in off the bench but plays the 4th.

He's our Enter Sandman
          TBH, I think Freddy's being used by Casey to get the ball out of Kyle and DeMar's hands. Get them moving around, instead of stalling the offense with KL/DD getting trapped and panicking under pressure. FVV knows he has to pass the ball, but Kyle and DeMar still have hero ball aspirations on their brain.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            We'll have to unload CJ if we want to resign Fred
            Thats okay with me
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
              Thanks for that Dan. I think mlse just has to pony up and pay the tax an keep FVV.

In addition to FVV's basketball reasons it's also beneficial in my view to have lots of trade chips to be able to push 3-4 pieces in for an all in move if a star trade target comes up. Having lots of young guys on reasonable contracts is a good thing.

Obviously it's easy for me to say that...it's not my money.
              Ever been to a game, bought a jersey, hell, sat thru a commercial break? Then it is your money

As I was typed that I realized some of you millenials watch every game on some illegal stream and don't spend a dime. That group has no right to complain
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• guilty when streaming games on illegal sites lol BUT it's because NBA doesn't have the Raptors package available and they do for the other teams sadly.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I like Freddy, but not so much to go into the tax for him. We're talking a 3rd string PG here. Can be easily replaced.
                  A) at what point would you like the raptors to go into the tax exactly? Shedding talent every offseason when you're a top 5 team, to keep the rogers and Bell dividends high? Are we cheering for a basketball team or a stock price?

B) fred is not a 3rd string PG anymore. He's been one of the better bench players in the nba for the 6 weeks he's been given free reign in the rotation. Time to update your nba 2k player profile role

Comment

• Spark wrote: View Post
                    guilty when streaming games on illegal sites lol BUT it's because NBA doesn't have the Raptors package available and they do for the other teams sadly.
                    I still pay for cable (gasp!), mostly for live sports convenience.

It works out for like a dollar or 2 a day added to my WiFi. Big whoop lol.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      I like Freddy, but not so much to go into the tax for him. We're talking a 3rd string PG here. Can be easily replaced.
                      Yeah, he's an unathletic, 5 ft something 3rd stringer who's top 10 in the NBA in both defensive rating and net rating, 13th among point guards in RPM.

He's in the bottom 1% of all PG's in midrange accuracy, but no PG takes fewer shots from midrange than Fred, so among PG's his eFG% is 75th percentile.

He can be easily replaced, but I highly doubt any replacement will have the positive impact Fred provides.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I still pay for cable (gasp!), mostly for live sports convenience.

It works out for like a dollar or 2 a day added to my WiFi. Big whoop lol.
                        Haha, good for ya. I pay £120 a month for TV w/ sports and broadband. That's C$2500 a year.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Haha, good for ya. I pay £120 a month for TV w/ sports and broadband. That's C$2500 a year.
                          I look at it as pay for what you enjoy. Life's too short to not do what you enjoy and be cheap about it. I love pro sports. Some people love smoking cigarettes or driving a car that makes other people go "ooh look at the cool guy in the benz"

Life is simple really. Do whatever makes you smile, as often as you can

Comment

• I pay $60/m for internet, and watch games vicariously through Doug Smith's live twitter feed.

Comment

A) at what point would you like the raptors to go into the tax exactly? Shedding talent every offseason when you're a top 5 team, to keep the rogers and Bell dividends high? Are we cheering for a basketball team or a stock price?

B) fred is not a 3rd string PG anymore. He's been one of the better bench players in the nba for the 6 weeks he's been given free reign in the rotation. Time to update your nba 2k player profile role
                              a) You're right lets just sign him to $20 M per year cause we don't give a crap about the owners making more money. Or lets wait until there is a player or players worth going into the tax for.

b) Raptors have a pretty good track record of players looking good once they enter the system. FVV isn't the only 3rd option PG out there capable of shining in this system and certainly not worth getting into a tax situation for.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, he's an unathletic, 5 ft something 3rd stringer who's top 10 in the NBA in both defensive rating and net rating, 13th among point guards in RPM.

He's in the bottom 1% of all PG's in midrange accuracy, but no PG takes fewer shots from midrange than Fred, so among PG's his eFG% is 75th percentile.

He can be easily replaced, but I highly doubt any replacement will have the positive impact Fred provides.
                                Why? The raptors have shed players each season and brought in others to take their spots without missing a step.

Comment

Working...
                                X