Game #51: Portland Trail Blazers 105 - Toronto Raptors 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    I wonder how well JV will shoot if there's actually someone within ten feet of him
    I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised at this development. He's the second best centre in the league from the foul line (Kanter), has always had a nice midrange stroke when he was comfortable taking it and is strong enough to shoot the three without needing a lot of legs. If Horford can consistently shoot around 40% later in his career why can't JV? If that is the case I hope he doesn't fall in love with it and continues to value his rebounding and post up game. Someone posted earlier that his size compared to a lot of current "bigs" is like Shaq 20 years ago. Amazing that he is turning into such a valuable player....definitely the second best player on the team over the past month.

Comment

• I loved Powell's game tonight. I don't agree that it wasn't at the level of the playoffs last year. It was just different. He's finally decided to focus on defence and slowly work his way in as an offensive option. We saw drive and kick, floaters, midrange pull-ups, catch and shoot threes and one old school Norm drive when it seemed the Blazers weren't expecting it. It's like he's been to some Demar Derozan school of offence for the past few weeks. This Norm combined with his potential to be a real thorn in the side of a scorer can be SO valuable. Perhaps he'll be worth his contract after all.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Good memory

21. 2005. Donyell made 12

This was second best.
        Might be most 3s in a home game.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
          I loved Powell's game tonight. I don't agree that it wasn't at the level of the playoffs last year. It was just different. He's finally decided to focus on defence and slowly work his way in as an offensive option. We saw drive and kick, floaters, midrange pull-ups, catch and shoot threes and one old school Norm drive when it seemed the Blazers weren't expecting it. It's like he's been to some Demar Derozan school of offence for the past few weeks. This Norm combined with his potential to be a real thorn in the side of a scorer can be SO valuable. Perhaps he'll be worth his contract after all.
          Couldn't agree more that floater he's showing is a really nice development. I just love that he's not forcing his game anymore, when he drives he's looking to pass the ball more than not now. Earlier in the year anytime he drove he was looking to score no matter what. He was reading the defence properly now he is. He also tried to do to much in transition, now if he does have numbers he pulls it back and let's the point guard set up the play. But the biggest thing is as you said he started to focus on defence first and let his offence come. He's a very good defender when he's focused and making that his priority.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            This would have been a fun one to record for sure. Still wish JV got some run in the 4th quarter.... guy could've had 20+ easily if he came back in.
            That's why I look at his points/minute and not just overall points/rebounds; Casey always sits him when he's having a hot game, sometimes even when they need him for a W. It makes no sense way too often

Comment

• Dominant.

Comment

• If you took personnel out of the equation how would the offence which the Raptors run compare with say GS? What would the numbers say if we applied their fg% to our offence? Just curious.

Comment

• Jv doesn't have enough attempts to qualify, but as of now he's 47% which is higher than any player in the league who does qualify. Klay Thompson is 1st at 45%

Tl;dr: Jonas valanciuans is the best 3 pt shooter on the planet
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If I were JV, I wouldn't take another 3 pt shot all year and likely retire with the 2018 3-pt crown

Comment

Working...
                    X