No announcement yet.

Everything Malachi Richardson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually...Stack never coached Norm, Delon and Bebe. They were coached by Jesse Murmuys. Stack coached Yak, Pascal and Fred. Interesting...wonder how Norm and Bebe would've looked under Stack
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Nice, gonna go visit The Stack. Jerry's had his hands on Fred, yak n' skills, Delon, norm etc. Jerry needs more credit.

The Stack will say " okay listen up Malachi, we got game today so not much time to prepare, basically I want you to play hard with energy with good defence and whatever you do no long 2's like you did against Charlotte!! In here you either shoot the 3 or you don't shoot at all!!"

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Actually...Stack never coached Norm, Delon and Bebe. They were coached by Jesse Murmuys. Stack coached Yak, Pascal and Fred. Interesting...wonder how Norm and Bebe would've looked under Stack
        Damn good point. There's a clear divide in those groups. Stack has a crazy track record so far
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Damn good point. There's a clear divide in those groups. Stack has a crazy track record so far

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Malachi tonight!

http://gleague.nba.com/games/20180212/MNERAP/

Comment

I'm only typing this to make Superjudge proud...and to look back at this thread in 3 years and nod my head in agreement.

STIFF!

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Actually, Raps could get the best of both worlds in this scenario:

Norm is basically an MLE signing for a team - but at an age where he'd usually be RFA, so would be tough to pry away. At the draft though, he can be traded on his current deal - so the other team needs only to send out a minimum deal (or have a TPE to fit 1.5M) to match salaries, even though Norm makes much more in the summer.

For the pile of teams projected not to have cap space but to be well clear of the tax this summer, trading for Norm is essentially like being able to use two MLE's in the summer instead of just one. So if the team makes the decision to move him at the draft, it will be interesting to see how that goes. It's a teeny tiny window that could be leveraged into an easy trade, and whether teams would be willing to give up a late 1st for that is yet to be seen but if they would, it would be another notch on Ujiri's asset management belt.

And with the limited number of exceptions and little cap space out there, and with his RFA status, FVV may fall far enough on teams' FA lists that he just doesn't get a piece of the exception pie, meaning the Raps get all the leverage in contract talks. If the market is dry, the biggest move FVV has is to accept his QO - but as a 2-year player, after he plays out his QO year, he's be a restricted free agent AGAIN the following summer, again with a tiny QO, though hopefully (for him) with a better market. And the Raps would love to have him back on his QO for a year before figuring out a real contract.
                Masai probably knows the cap as well as you, right, Dan? Otherwise you should definitely tell him this, (re: Norm.)

You have a direct line at this point, no?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I'm only typing this to make Superjudge proud...and to look back at this thread in 3 years and nod my head in agreement.

STIFF!
                  Maybe. I remember a few years ago when all the draft geniuses at RR were complaining about Wright and Powell and Yak and how they were wasted picks. I also remember people complaining about signing FVV. Raps have done good job in player development and the Kings are a train wreck. The Raps might be able to make him a player.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    Maybe. I remember a few years ago when all the draft geniuses at RR were complaining about Wright and Powell and Yak and how they were wasted picks. I also remember people complaining about signing FVV. Raps have done good job in player development and the Kings are a train wreck. The Raps might be able to make him a player.
                    Not saying it didn't happen, but I honestly don't remember many complaints about of any these picks.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Masai probably knows the cap as well as you, right, Dan? Otherwise you should definitely tell him this, (re: Norm.)

You have a direct line at this point, no?
                      Our GM helped write the CBA (not the current one, but the one previous to that IIRC). So yeah, they probably know this stuff.

Comment

Not saying it didn't happen, but I honestly don't remember many complaints about of any these picks.
                        I remember the debates were Wright vs Portis and Poeltl vs Sabonis. I was on the sides of Portis and Sabonis lol
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Oh wow people wanted Portis and not Wright for sure. Especially after we signed Cory, a lot of people thought Wright pick was a waste. Yak was not a sexy pick and just underwhelming. Powell was unknown but after Summer League everyone was hyped.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Yeah I didn't think much of FVV at all. Like it was a throw away signing. He (and the organization) have really proven me wrong.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Oh wow people wanted Portis and not Wright for sure. Especially after we signed Cory, a lot of people thought Wright pick was a waste. Yak was not a sexy pick and just underwhelming. Powell was unknown but after Summer League everyone was hyped.
                              I didn't think it was possible to legitimately complain about a 46th pick, lol.

Comment

I didn't think it was possible to legitimately complain about a 46th pick, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X