This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    I call bullshit on that quote, I could see wanting to shed salary if we were bringing essentially the same roster back, but motivations have changed.

I want to see a swing for the fences move like a sign and trade for Capela etc. Or even obtaining Trey Lyles or one of the Sac bigs.
    We are almost definitely trying to shave some salary. Norm's name was rumoured to be shopped entirely for that reason. We have even more wings now after the trade.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Depth at he wing and thin at 4 and 5, Sac seems to have the opposite issue.

Miles seems like the most moveable contract at this point. If Kawhi leaves, Norm might be worth keeping and developing. The only issue is we lose Miles 3pt shooting but we just picked up two guys who excell at that and shipped two guys that didn’t.
      Last edited by saints91; Sat Jul 21, 2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Depth at he wing and thin at 4 and 5, Sac seems to have the opposite issue.

Miles seems like the most moveable contract at this point. If Kawhi leaves, Norm might be worth keeping and developing. The only issue is we lose Miles 3pt shooting but we just picked up two guys who excell at that and shipped two guys that didn’t.
        There is also a bit of redundancy with Norm in that we could sign Alkins. They both play a similar style, yet Rawle is way cheaper right now. Even if Kwahi doesn't stick around I'd still rather move Norm over Miles. But yeah Miles becomes less important now that we have Green here as well.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          Very happy about the trade but Im sure its tough. You can be a janitor and you get to choose the city you live and work in so its weird that you can be one of the best in the world at what you do and get told where to work. But thats how it goes. Toronto loves you DD its just basketball.
          Ya but a janitor isn't making 30 million dollars. It's one of this disadvantages of this gig. You get to play a child's game for a king's ransom, however you'll be under a microscope and could be dealt at a moments notice.

Comment

• I doubt Memphis does this ... but would love to do a Miles for Green trade. JaMychal Green coming off the bench would be great. Had a 17.4 TRB% last year. Averaged 8.4 boards in 28 mpg.

They did draft JJ jr so may not need him.. but they also signed Anderson and Casspi so are pretty set at SF.

Comment

• How about we target Dwight Powell for our backup C spot?

Send Dallas Delon and Norm for Dwight Powell.

Sheds a little over $2M salary next year and removes Norms long term salary, plus Wright is a free agent next year so we don't need to pay him either.

Dwight Powell has a player option in 2019-20 for the same salary as Norm would have that year, so if he opts in we're still saving cap space because we won't have to pay Wright. I'd be totally cool with Powell taking his option too, I think he could be a long term piece.

I don't want Powell because he's Canadian, that's just a plus. I want him because he's really good on defense and efficient on offense. Also seems like he's adding a 3pt shot.

Dallas does this to get Wright, a clear upgrade at PG for next season and someone who can play with Dennis Smith long term since he can also play the 2.

The trade also works with Miles instead of Norm but I'd like to unload Norms longer term deal if we can. Would be cool with sending Miles though since I think Norm can still be redeemed.

Comment

• Bobby Portis for Jakob trade exception and a 2nd?

Comment

Bobby Portis for Jakob trade exception and a 2nd?
                  Spurs already traded Jak?
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DeMar will always be Toronto! We miss him and wish him the best in San Antonio. But it was time to move on. Like many people about Vince, I hope he can come back at the end of his career and finish his career as a Raptor as he should!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      We are almost definitely trying to shave some salary. Norm's name was rumoured to be shopped entirely for that reason. We have even more wings now after the trade.

Shaving salary is NOT all about saving $$$ for MLSE. I'm sure it plays some role, but IMO more important is the fact your/our Raps flexibility is much more limited (wrt trades...) if over the cap. Maybe Dan H can clarify that.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post

DeMar will always be Toronto! We miss him and wish him the best in San Antonio. But it was time to move on. Like many people about Vince, I hope he can come back at the end of his career and finish his career as a Raptor as he should!

And thank you Demar.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                          Shaving salary is NOT all about saving $$$ for MLSE. I'm sure it plays some role, but IMO more important is the fact your/our Raps flexibility is much more limited (wrt trades...) if over the cap. Maybe Dan H can clarify that.
                          Dan can definitely chime in, but our cap situation seems to be somewhat set. We are over the cap and in the tax. Even if we cut some salary we are probably still over the tax, but it could reduce the tax bill.

Comment

DeMar will always be Toronto! We miss him and wish him the best in San Antonio. But it was time to move on. Like many people about Vince, I hope he can come back at the end of his career and finish his career as a Raptor as he should!

Comment

• Breakups are always hard whether it would be relationships or business. DeMar has every right to be angry at Masai and the Raptors but from his latest insta I think he has accepted that it’s business and 100% knows that Toronto loves him. I don’t think that will stop him from trying to drop 40+ on us every time but I’m glad DeMar doesn’t seem as angry as before now.

Comment

Breakups are always hard whether it would be relationships or business. DeMar has every right to be angry at Masai and the Raptors but from his latest insta I think he has accepted that it’s business and 100% knows that Toronto loves him. I don’t think that will stop him from trying to drop 40+ on us every time but I’m glad DeMar doesn’t seem as angry as before now.

I'm going to cry if he drops 40 on OG or Kawhi

Comment

Working...
                                X