X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

This makes me sad. I don't know how to feel about this. This is only going to galvanize both the people who already disliked him as a final "long 2 from Demar", and also the people who were upset about the trade in the first place as a reason to continue to be upset along with Demar.
      We're a divided a fan base! #MakeRaptorsGreatAgain
      Last edited by Joey; Tue Jul 24, 2018, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Comment

The league better watch out. Demar always finds a way to come back better. I wish him all the best
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• As much as Demar is upset and I get that he feels like his loyalty has been betrayed, you can't fault Masai either for making the moves that he did. Masai is completely right in his statement that he gave them their chance. He could have easily torn down the team multiple times before and didn't. He let them play it out. However, Masai has a job and obligation to do and that's to help put the Raptors at the best chance to obtain a championship. Trading for Kawhi does that.

If this opportunity didn't arise or Masai could pull off the trade without trading DeMar, he would gladly do that, but that wasn't the case here. Masai had to choose between friendship/loyalty and his job!

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              The league better watch out. Demar always finds a way to come back better. I wish him all the best
              Well good...but where was the chip on your shoulder vs the Cavs?!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Well good...but where was the chip on your shoulder vs the Cavs?!
                That's true. I was pretty upset at Demar myself when he basically threw in the towel in Game 4 and threw himself out of the game. As much as I know how he loves the team and gives everything he has, I (as a fan) can't help but feel like he gave up on the team and was ready to go to the offseason. Just goes to show that personal feelings =/= actual intentions of the situation.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

This makes me sad. I don't know how to feel about this. This is only going to galvanize both the people who already disliked him as a final "long 2 from Demar", and also the people who were upset about the trade in the first place as a reason to continue to be upset along with Demar.
                  More hate coming to Raptors on social media and ESPN tomorrow. I just hope that this wont stick for long and top free agents will start avoiding the Raps for a few seasons cause of Demar.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

But to be honest, I just goes to show that there's a huge population of bandwagon/casual/fairweather Raptors fans among fans. I think the hardcore Raptors fans understand this trade and why it had to be done. The people who are raging are the casual Raptors who don't understand the NBA competitive environment, basketball and the Raptors themselves.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      More hate coming to Raptors on social media and ESPN tomorrow. I just hope that this wont stick for long and top free agents will start avoiding the Raps for a few seasons cause of Demar.
                      I find the hate so fucking stupid from the NBA media. Almost every fucking media outlet kept bashing on Demar on how he's an inefficient scorer, how he'll never win a championship with the Raptors, and how he can't play defense. All of a sudden, they all love him. Think he can make the Spurs super competitive. It's just such a blatant bias towards Toronto and the Raptors! But then again, what's new?

Comment

• I don't doubt for a second that Demar 'gave everything' to the Raptors. But that's just it; he gave everything he had, and it wasn't enough for us to even get a whiff of the finals. It sucks when your best is not enough; especially when you're one of the best on your team. I really wish it had turned out differently these last few seasons, because few NBA athletes deserved success more.

Comment

How bout play some defense? Dive for a loose ball? I rarely saw either. Yeah we know you worked hard every year to get as close to Kobes offense as you could. And yet the stats showed every single year we were better with you off the court.

#TeamMasai

#TeamRaptors
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

He did give everything, but he has major limitations which hurt the team. His “everything” wasn’t enough in terms of what Masai wants to accomplish.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              He did give everything, but he has major limitations which hurt the team. His “everything” wasn’t enough in terms of what Masai wants to accomplish.
                              And I don't think he even did "everything".

DeMar derozan works as hard or harder than anyone in the off season- to make demar Derozan a better offensive player. While commendable, it's also plain as day IN GAME he doesn't leave as much on the court as a Lowry, van vleet, a siakam, even a JV. These guys lay their body on the line for the team tenfold over Derozan. I don't wanna hear you did everything you could.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                And I don't think he even did "everything".

DeMar derozan works as hard or harder than anyone in the off season- to make demar Derozan a better offensive player. While commendable, it's also plain as day IN GAME he doesn't leave as much on the court as a Lowry, van vleet, a siakam, even a JV. These guys lay their body on the line for the team tenfold over Derozan. I don't wanna hear you did everything you could.
                                Fair enough. He never did the little things like taking charges, diving for loose balls, battling for rebounds. Lowry does all 3, JV battles for rebounds, Siakam’s middle name is hustle, FVV is a tough kid and doesn’t give up.

Comment

Working...
                                X