Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying all this, if they can move Lowry to upgrade another position I would consider it. This is a very important year for the franchise, if he's not in 100% it's best to move on and try to convince Kawhi to stay. With Freddie and Delon we have enough depth at PG to move him, as long as we are improving our options at the 2, 4, or 5

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
      What a contrast. Caseys good bye letter was one of the classiest letters i ever read. He thanked for the fact his children could start their life in a great country like canada. Derozan said nothing of the sort. He acted like it was all one sided like he was being charitable to stay. Like he just gave but got nothing in return. He doesnt seem to understand its nothing personal. If the team stayed the same i swore i wouldnt bother watching a reg season game. Now i dont want to miss a game in the regular season. Thats what this is about
      I sure didn't appreciate all the multiple references to his "sacrifice" being in Toronto from DeMar. That was kind of bizarre considering all the money and freedom to play they gave him with really very little criticism or accountability

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• 1) Toronto out: Serge Ibaka, Norman Powell
          Toronto in: JyMichael Green, Chandler Parsons

- We shed Ibaka and useless Powell's contract for a good one year season with Green who we can resign and have him be our future PF and two years of Parsons (expiring next year).

2) Toronto out: Serge Ibaka
          Toronto in: Nikola Mirotic, Etuaan Moore

3) Toronto out: Norman Powell
          Toronto in: Iman Shumpert (expiring) - Don't know if Sacramento would bite
          Last edited by tenforthewin; Sat Jul 28, 2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

that be nice

Comment

There's literally no market for either player. Ibaka doesn't even expire until after next season.

Only way this happens is if Ibaka is dealt for an unplayable salary, like Deng. Or, if flipped for Ryan Anderson?

Same thing with Powell, only thing going for him, is he's "young."

If either of them are dealt for anything of value, it'll likely come with a valuable asset like one of the young guys/picks.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I get Lowry's comments was really to differ, and to stay neutral. His best friend was traded away, and was present at the interview. Nonetheless, if Lowry was truly committed to winning, and truly wanted to remain a leader on this team, he would have reached out to Kawhi. Something along the lines of I just lost a brother, who I will remain friends with forever, but I'm willing to put that aside to go get this ring. For all we know he's already done this and is just being koi.

I wonder if Masai just blows up last years squad to align with Kawhi's timeline. Send out both Ibaka and Lowry. Something like

Toronto Gets : Butler and Gibson from Minny, and Powell and Matthews from Dallas
                Minny Gets: Lowry
                Dallas Gets: Ibaka, Richardson
                (works in trade machine, in real life a whole other story)

We take on a bunch of short term salary, which is why the trade could work out. Both Dallas and Minny take in less salary then they give out. It also gives Dallas a true starting 5 of Smith Jr, Doncic, Barnes, Ibaka, and Jordan (Because Dirk is not logging long minutes this year.) For Minny, they get a lead point to go along with their young core, at least one that could work better than Teague.

Other than Dwight Powell (and Butler's player option) we aren't committed after this season. Allowing us to go for it this year, and if it doesn't work out, or players decide to move on, we can start the rebuild a year earlier with much more flexibility.

That would leave us of a lineup of
                PG: Delon, FVV, Brown
                Wings: Kawhi, Butler, OG, Green, Matthews, Powell, Miles
                Bigs: Siakam, JV, D. Powell, Gibson, Boucher

If all the stars decided to leave that would leave us with a 2019/20 young starting lineup of
                FVV
                Delon
                OG
                Siakam
                Powell

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  What a contrast. Caseys good bye letter was one of the classiest letters i ever read. He thanked for the fact his children could start their life in a great country like canada. Derozan said nothing of the sort. He acted like it was all one sided like he was being charitable to stay. Like he just gave but got nothing in return. He doesnt seem to understand its nothing personal. If the team stayed the same i swore i wouldnt bother watching a reg season game. Now i dont want to miss a game in the regular season. Thats what this is about
                  Wtf are you even talking about.

This is his only post on Instagram:

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                    I get Lowry's comments was really to differ, and to stay neutral. His best friend was traded away, and was present at the interview. Nonetheless, if Lowry was truly committed to winning, and truly wanted to remain a leader on this team, he would have reached out to Kawhi. Something along the lines of I just lost a brother, who I will remain friends with forever, but I'm willing to put that aside to go get this ring. For all we know he's already done this and is just being koi.

I wonder if Masai just blows up last years squad to align with Kawhi's timeline. Send out both Ibaka and Lowry. Something like

Toronto Gets : Butler and Gibson from Minny, and Powell and Matthews from Dallas

We take on a bunch of short term salary, which is why the trade could work out. Both Dallas and Minny take in less salary then they give out. It also gives Dallas a true starting 5 of Smith Jr, Doncic, Barnes, Ibaka, and Jordan (Because Dirk is not logging long minutes this year.) For Minny, they get a lead point to go along with their young core, at least one that could work better than Teague.

Other than Dwight Powell (and Butler's player option) we aren't committed after this season. Allowing us to go for it this year, and if it doesn't work out, or players decide to move on, we can start the rebuild a year earlier with much more flexibility.

If all the stars decided to leave that would leave us with a 2019/20 young starting lineup of
                    FVV
                    Delon
                    OG
                    Siakam
                    Powell
                    I love these hypothetical situations.

Personally, I'd start VanVleet, then it'd go:

VanVleet/Wright/Brown
                    Butler/Green/Powell
                    Leonard/Matthews/Miles
                    OG/Siakam/Gibson
                    JV/Powell

That's a nightmare defensively. The bench is mad deep, too, and the shooting around Wright and Siakam as they attack the rim with Wright, Green, and Powell (who has been improving and developing the perimeter shot) looks like lots of fun.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I don't trust the source.. but if it's accurate its a tad disappointing. I don't mind trading Serge but only if we can get better. What I mind is trading Serge to just duck the tax or lower tax payments. And that's the trade Denver made with Brooklyn. They had to give up a first to make it happen.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                        I wouldn't say its insignificant. Some coaches can bring out the best in role players - Like a Brad Stevens or Pop. Some coaches also have excellent out of time out plays.
                        Insignificant is too harsh..but role players are really just that.. role players. Talent is way more important in my perspective than what a coach can do with its role players. At the end of the day it's the talent that gets you a W.

Cavs are a great example of that. Do the Cavs even make the playoffs without Lebron? They would definitely lose in the first round to Indiana. I mean what was the stat? No player other than Lebron averaged more than 20ppg in that series? And that was a 7 game series.

What I was trying to get at is that we have great defensive squad on paper. Everyone except for perhaps JV (and possibly Serge now) is a plus defender. So even if Nurse was garbage as a coach (and I'm personally optimistic of his promotion).. I still think we'll have a good defense. I don't think Nurse can screw that up.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          I sure didn't appreciate all the multiple references to his "sacrifice" being in Toronto from DeMar. That was kind of bizarre considering all the money and freedom to play they gave him with really very little criticism or accountability
                          People say shit in the heat of the moment they want to take back ..DD is still really hurt by this trade. Give it a while..his tone and delivery will change.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                            I get Lowry's comments was really to differ, and to stay neutral. His best friend was traded away, and was present at the interview. Nonetheless, if Lowry was truly committed to winning, and truly wanted to remain a leader on this team, he would have reached out to Kawhi. Something along the lines of I just lost a brother, who I will remain friends with forever, but I'm willing to put that aside to go get this ring. For all we know he's already done this and is just being koi.

FVV
                            Delon
                            OG
                            Siakam
                            Powell
                            Your target pieces are great, but Dallas would never do a move like this in my opinion. They're getting very little value coming in.

I also think that on your finals run year, I'd rather not want to rely solely on FVV or Wright to be your starting/leading point guard. You want tried-and-true, experienced, gritty, battle tested, all-star point-guards like Lowry. FVV had a great year and I love that kid, but the playoff experience there is still limited. Being a starting point guard on this league is tough , especially deep in the playoffs where teams will relentlessly target/trap the point guard to choke the playmaking. I'd like to see another solid season out of FVV before handing him the keys like that. (Plus if all you got is Fred and Wright at the point, you're an injury away for having to play Brown in the playoffs...)

I like your targets though, just think that whatever you get coming in now, you would also have to be giving up equal talent to make it happen.

Comment

• The only rosters that really fit Lowry are and have pieces to offer back Utah, Minnesota, Bucks, Orlando
                              And Indy

Comment

• You guys are really trying to trade Lowry now too?

Man...
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X