This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Throwing a very wild card out here. I really really don’t think it will ever happen but Terrence Jones. Anyone remember him? He’s playing in G League right now. He used to be good with the Rockets.
    I actually thought about him the other day too. He's been in China lately, probably could be had for minimum salary. Decent shooter. I think he could be a small ball PF/C.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Okafor wasn't good enough to earn minutes on the Nets. No way.
      Yeah none of these guys are exactly thrilling, but they all probably would consider taking the minimum, which is what we could realistically offer.

I see Ibaka taking only 4 to 6 minutes at PF, and then all his other minutes would be as the de facto backup C, imo

So these guys wouldn't really be in Poeltl's role, they'd be more like the 3rd centre (bebe's role last year), and would only see time in blowouts, foul trouble or injury trouble. Basically a warm body to fill the last roster spot. They would have to be serviceable though, because that could happen in the playoffs.

I don't know any of these too well but I'd give it to whoever could defend and rebound better. I kinda wish it was Boucher, but I don't know if he's ready.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
        ...So these guys wouldn't really be in Poeltl's role, they'd be more like the 3rd centre (bebe's role last year), and would only see time in blowouts, foul trouble or injury trouble. Basically a warm body to fill the last roster spot. They would have to be serviceable though, because that could happen in the playoffs...
        Basically to just help reduce Ibaka minutes during the regular season. We did see Ibaka massively lose effectiveness during last seasons playoffs. I would hate to see that kind of meltdown again. Still not sure what happened. I thought there was lots of time between games.

Comment

• Going to be interesting to watch where and who rebounding comes from this year. It wasn’t a strength last season and Jacob is gone.

JV is really good on the defensive end and gets his almost fair share on the offensive glass but Poeltl really shone there and he’s not coming off the bench. Confident that Leonard will rebound at a much better rate than DD did as that wasn’t a Demar strength...Serge isn’t that good on either end.

Who steps up?
          Or
          If we bite the bullet on the tax one more time is this skill set one that needs upgrading at the swing 4/5 ?
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            Basically to just help reduce Ibaka minutes during the regular season. We did see Ibaka massively lose effectiveness during last seasons playoffs. I would hate to see that kind of meltdown again. Still not sure what happened. I thought there was lots of time between games.
            Yes, for strategic rest games throughout the season as well. Looks like JV's usage will increase this year under Nurse (both in quality and quantity of minutes). So Ibaka will see his minutes squeezed at PF by a growing Siakam, and at C by a better used JV. Hopefully that will also help with rest for Serge.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Going to be interesting to watch where and who rebounding comes from this year. It wasn’t a strength last season and Jacob is gone.

JV is really good on the defensive end and gets his almost fair share on the offensive glass but Poeltl really shone there and he’s not coming off the bench. Confident that Leonard will rebound at a much better rate than DD did as that wasn’t a Demar strength...Serge isn’t that good on either end.

Who steps up?
              Or
              If we bite the bullet on the tax one more time is this skill set one that needs upgrading at the swing 4/5 ?
              As much as Poeltl grabbed offensive boards, he was pretty bad at defensive rebounding. Serge should be able to replicate his defensive rebounding, and the hope would be the spacing and scoring he can provide would make up the difference the loss in offensive boards would make.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Going to be interesting to watch where and who rebounding comes from this year. It wasn’t a strength last season and Jacob is gone.

Who steps up?
                Or
                Does the teams shooting % go up enough to lower the number of available rebounds? That plus Kawhi's rebounding, plus more usage of JV (high efficiency shooter) could make low offensive rebounding less of an issue.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Does the teams shooting % go up enough to lower the number of available rebounds? That plus Kawhi's rebounding, plus more usage of JV (high efficiency shooter) could make low offensive rebounding less of an issue.
                  Yeah when you're more efficient of the offensive end you rely less on second chance points. That part is okay. It's more on the defensive end that is more critical for us imo. Our strong perimeter/overall defence should force more bad shots by the opponent, which will lead to more rebounding. Need someone to clean up our glass well.

JV is elite at it, but that should also be the main skill of the new centre we get, if ever get one.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    As much as Poeltl grabbed offensive boards, he was pretty bad at defensive rebounding. Serge should be able to replicate his defensive rebounding, and the hope would be the spacing and scoring he can provide would make up the difference the loss in offensive boards would make.
                    Good spacing or not Raps are going to miss shots. There is a hole to fill on the offensive glass.

Dunno Dan..last year looked like Serge oiled his hands on more nights than not....he missed a lot of boards and those second chance points are killers.

Maybe Pascal and Leonard step it up...but relying on Serge on the defensive glass when JV is out is a test of faith.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Apologies if this was posted already, but I LOL'd hard.

Comment

Who steps up?
                        Or
                        One of the knock-on effects of what I expect to be a much-improved perimeter defense will be, or should be, the Raps having an easier time rebounding.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          One of the knock-on effects of what I expect to be a much-improved perimeter defense will be, or should be, the Raps having an easier time rebounding.
                          Let me lob it back with a thought....with green and OG and Kawhi and Pascal our perimeter defense will be much improved ..made shot shooting % in theory will go down as you point out with better perimeter personnel....but that means even more defensive rebound opptys...

going to sound like Jack here..but you close out the possesion when you get the ball back ...and while it’s being nit picky...am not seeing who the shop vac on the defensive boards is going to be when JV sits down and ancillary rebounders are on the perimeter....

It won’t be a big deal in reg season..but when you step up in class inthe playoffs it’s a chink in the armour...
                          - TGO

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Apologies if this was posted already, but I LOL'd hard.

Lucic: I look at this whole DeRozan thing right now, and [Whitney], I heard you chirp these basketball players the whole playoffs, which is pretty funny, and the way DeRozan is being like this little ...

Whitney: B—

Lucic: He's being like a little bitter b— at the organization for trading him for Kawhi Leonard, like literally a top five player in the league

At that point in the conversation, another ex-NHL player and show host, Paul Bissonnette, chimed in, asking Lucic if he was offended (in a similar vein to DeRozan) when Lucic was traded by the Boston Bruins to the Los Angeles Kings. Bissonnette pointed out that Lucic was not notified or called by the Bruins prior to the trade being reported publicly.

"No man. At the end of the day ... it's a business," Lucic said. Unless you're (Sidney) Crosby or (Connor) McDavid, or LeBron (James), you're just another guy; you're just another player. For me, I understood that they were trying to go in another direction. How could I be bitter? The success that I had personally, and the success that I had team-wise, the fans that I got to play in front of for eight years, I mean I got to be who I was in one of the best sports cities in North America for eight years. How could I be bitter for being traded? I'm just thankful that I had the opportunity to play in the NHL for an Original Six team in the best sports city in North America. Going back to the DeRozan thing, when I hear him talk about the bitterness and the disrespect and all of that type of stuff it's like, you didn't get traded to frickin' Cleveland, you got traded to San Antonio that's a team that competes for a title every single year, and you get to be coached by the Bill Belilchick of basketball with Gregg Popovich, and now you feel like you're being disrespected? Come on, man. You're still making 30 million dollars a year, living in San Antonio with no state tax. Like, give me a break. Nobody feels bad for you; f— off."
                            http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/n...a1ki7tzausj9uc

Comment

• Who would you guys rather have as our backup C? Bebe or Monroe?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Who would you guys rather have as our backup C? Bebe or Monroe?
                                Is this a trick question?

Comment

Working...
                                X