This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post

Damn im good at predicting shit an hour before they happen! I think im going to go fill the lottary today, ive got a good feeling about it as well..

Comment

• Monroe signing for the minimum to join a contender. At least part of that sounds nice for a long suffering raps fan.

Comment

• Greg Monroe as your 12th man is pretty damn sweet. He can still rebound and score in the paint. Gives us good bulk to defend in the post. Solid, low maintenance veteran. Defending PnR in space is a problem, but I still like it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Greg Monroe as your 12th man is pretty damn sweet. He can still rebound and score in the paint. Gives us good bulk to defend in the post. Solid, low maintenance veteran. Defending PnR in space is a problem, but I still like it.
          I guess Masai got tired of Bebe's inconsistency.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            I guess Masai got tired of Bebe's inconsistency.
            And lack of physical & mental toughness. I had high hopes for Bebe, but he's just too soft and I don't think that will ever change. Masai puts a premium on toughness.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              And lack of physical & mental toughness. I had high hopes for Bebe, but he's just too soft and I don't think that will ever change. Masai puts a premium on toughness.
              I think the disaster in the playoffs with Casey using Bebe against the Cavs sealed both their fates. I could picture Masai in his office watching that train wreck and smashing stuff.

Comment

• So now that we've got our veteran backup center position squared away for cheap (nice move, Masai), we can try to move Norm for a prospect and try to get under the tax. One possibility might a swap of disappointing prospects to the Kings and take a flyer on developing Skal. Norm is a guy that might be worth the Kings taking a chance on re-gaining his form. They brought back Ben McLemore for ffs.

We can use the Bruno TPE or Jakob TPE for a team that has cap space to absorb Norm. Probably have to toss in a 2nd round pick.

Comment

• Really like the Monroe addition at the vet minimum. Masai has done it again.

Excellent rebounder and post scorer, and a really really good passer too (no one mentioned that yet).

He's excellent insurance in case JV gets hurt and adds some post scoring to the 2nd unit.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    Really like the Monroe addition at the vet minimum. Masai has done it again.

Excellent rebounder and post scorer, and a really really good passer too (no one mentioned that yet).

He's excellent insurance in case JV gets hurt and adds some post scoring to the 2nd unit.
                    I like it now too after thinking about it. I am SHOCKED to see that Greg is only 28 years old. I swore he was like closer to 32. Man is in his prime taking the vet minimum. Weird.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• This team ia crazy talented. We litterally have 12 deep including Kawhi Leonard. Thats amazing

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah, who here thought the team would trade some of our depth for a superstar, and get DEEPER?
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Pretty happy with the signing. He’s a solid player and is pretty consistent with what he brings to the table. He’s not inconsistent or soft like Bebe so it will be nice to have someone reliable to back JV up. He’s also great injury insurance in case JV goes down. Monroe can start some games for us and we will be more than ok if JV is injured.

All that being said, I hope he doesn’t eat in to JVs minutes at all. I’d like to see JV get closer to 30 minutes per game as opposed to the regular 23-24. This also means serge is likely to be in the 20-25 minute range if we want to find minutes for Pascal and Monroe which I hope we do. This also means very little time for OG at the 4 likely unless we’re going ultra small/ foul trouble/ matchups.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            Really like the Monroe addition at the vet minimum. Masai has done it again.

Yeah his passing out of the high post is something that always surprised me. And he's got some good footwork too. Great addition!

Comment

• Hate to say it, but without Demar, this team can field multiple lineups that play good defense.

Comment

• Would love to part with Serge some how.. bringing up a fantasy trade I made a week or so ago:

JaMychael Green + Chandler Parsons for Serge Ibaka and Norm Powell

Money is the same ($31M incoming and outgoing). Parsons like Ibaka has 2 years on his deal. Green only has 1. Save on Norm's long term deal. Memphis gets out from under Parsons deal.. and Ibaka/Gasol can play together like they did for Spain. Norm should have more of an opportunity for minutes, so we'd be doing him a solid.

Parsons is good for only about 40-50 games a year.. but just keep him healthy for the playoffs. Would be our best 3pt shooter. And who wouldn't love to have two Green's on the same team? JaMychael is really under rated good. Plus they have JJ Jr now so would give him more opportunity to play without Green around.

I like Green with JV far more than I would like Serge with JV. If Kawhi leaves we shed even more money quickly with Green being a UFA.

Comment

Working...
                                X