This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Who would you guys rather have as our backup C? Bebe or Monroe?
    It depends on the cost. Monroe >>> Bebe. If you can get either one at the minimum you take Monroe. If you have to use the MLE on Monroe then it's not worth it. For example his $5.3M mid level deal would be worth something like $18M in tax payments. Which would mean you're basically getting him for around $23M.

I have a feeling Boucher will be the Bebe replacement. I don't think we need two langy centers for emergency situations.

Comment

• So Lowry just changed his bio and removed "Toronto Raptors" on twitter... the end is near.

Comment

• Spark wrote: View Post
        So Lowry just changed his bio and removed "Toronto Raptors" on twitter... the end is near.
        his twitter bio never had toronto raptors
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Apologies if this was posted already, but I LOL'd hard.

that podcast was so cringe though when the host started saying "you're just a piece of meat, don't you understand that".
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            That in and of itself is funny and a little wtf.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              It depends on the cost. Monroe >>> Bebe. If you can get either one at the minimum you take Monroe. If you have to use the MLE on Monroe then it's not worth it. For example his $5.3M mid level deal would be worth something like $18M in tax payments. Which would mean you're basically getting him for around $23M.

I have a feeling Boucher will be the Bebe replacement. I don't think we need two langy centers for emergency situations.
              I'm fine if Boucher makes the team or at least gets a 2-way deal, but I don't think he can be counted on for much in traditional big roles. He's just too damn skinny. He can block shots and is pretty quick, so he could be a nice small/quick role playing big. We'd still need an extra body who is at least a bit bigger and can offer a different look.

However it really is slim pickings in free agency. If we don't want to or can't bring in a vet, I'm ok rolling with young guys at the end of the bench, and I would look to add someone else on top of Boucher. I've said it before, but I'd give Wood some kind of deal because he killed it in the G-League last season and summer league this summer. He isn't massively built, but he's bigger than Boucher and looks more able to bang. Boucher is like Durant skinny. Wood at least looks like he can add more muscle to his frame. He's also a couple of years younger.

Definitely think either way, don't bring back Bebe. Give some new guys a chance. Bebe had 4 years and couldn't even take firm hold of the backup C spot, which was basically up for grabs almost his whole time here (except the Bismack year). And yeah, I don't think Boucher is enough. Need a couple of bodies back there.

Comment

• Spark wrote: View Post
                So Lowry just changed his bio and removed "Toronto Raptors" on twitter... the end is near.
                MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                I interpret Lowry's curt responses in the following way:

1. He truly wants to keep the discussion focused on USA Basketball
                2. As a loyal friend to DeRozan, it would be seen as a "betrayal" to say anything positive about the trade so soon, especially with DeRozan within earshot.

At the end of the day, Lowry's a competitor. I'm sure he's annoyed DeRozan's gone, but I'm also sure he appreciates the opportunity Masai has now created. We'll hear about the latter as the summer comes to an end.

Lowry once dreamed of being a Spur, which included playing alongside Kawhi. Now that dream's a reality. Give it time before this reality sinks in.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I interpret Lowry's curt responses in the following way:

1. He truly wants to keep the discussion focused on USA Basketball
                  2. As a loyal friend to DeRozan, it would be seen as a "betrayal" to say anything positive about the trade so soon, especially with DeRozan within earshot.

At the end of the day, Lowry's a competitor. I'm sure he's annoyed DeRozan's gone, but I'm also sure he appreciates the opportunity Masai has now created. We'll hear about the latter as the summer comes to an end.

Lowry once dreamed of being a Spur, which included playing alongside Kawhi. Now that dream's a reality. Give it time before this reality sinks in.
                  Honestly; most of the drama I'm hearing about that interview is reading more like people looking for something that just wasn't there and then being upset about what they found.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Completely unrelated to anything else but since this ground breaking trade, has anyone else's username become more relevant while their avatar became more obsolete? I think I hit the parlay on that one.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                      Honestly; most of the drama I'm hearing about that interview is reading more like people looking for something that just wasn't there and then being upset about what they found.
                      People and their hot takes.

Comment

• Gimme some Raptor news.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Alex Kennedy’s tweet:
                          The Toronto Raptors are working out free agent big men, including Thomas Robinson and Christian Wood, according to league sources.

Comment

• Is that the same Thomas Robinson that was picked in the high lottery a few years back?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              Alex Kennedy’s tweet:
                              planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Is that the same Thomas Robinson that was picked in the high lottery a few years back?
                              I believed so, 5th pick from the 2012 draft.

T-Rob

Comment

• Woods seems to beast against inferior talent. Found this clip:

Comment

Working...
                                X