This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    Pretty happy with the signing. He’s a solid player and is pretty consistent with what he brings to the table. He’s not inconsistent or soft like Bebe so it will be nice to have someone reliable to back JV up. He’s also great injury insurance in case JV goes down. Monroe can start some games for us and we will be more than ok if JV is injured.

All that being said, I hope he doesn’t eat in to JVs minutes at all. I’d like to see JV get closer to 30 minutes per game as opposed to the regular 23-24. This also means serge is likely to be in the 20-25 minute range if we want to find minutes for Pascal and Monroe which I hope we do. This also means very little time for OG at the 4 likely unless we’re going ultra small/ foul trouble/ matchups.
    I wouldn't be worried about Monroe eating into JV's minutes, Raps are in trouble if he plays more than sparingly. Monroe is good depth for the regular season, but he was pretty brutal in the playoffs and on a good team shouldn't get real minutes. Still like the signing, much happier with Monroe than Bebe.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't be worried about Monroe eating into JV's minutes, Raps are in trouble if he plays more than sparingly. Monroe is good depth for the regular season, but he was pretty brutal in the playoffs and on a good team shouldn't get real minutes. Still like the signing, much happier with Monroe than Bebe.
      Yea, as long as Monroe is taking Bebe's minutes I am completely fine with this because Monroe overall is much better than Bebe. Only thing Bebe is better at is shot blocking and it's not like it did us that much good. He was WAY too inconsistent, always injured and soft as hell. Monroe is the opposite.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Yeah, who here thought the team would trade some of our depth for a superstar, and get DEEPER?
        Yup. Pretty much no one. In fact many people were dead-set on the fact that we in no way had the "assets" to be more effective in the offseason than Boston or Philly, and I think our moves on aggregate were more substantial then theirs.

I for one was a bit ticked that we were so quiet at the draft, but being patient as a GM to only make moves that make actual sense (rather then just doing stuff quickly for the sake of doing it because people are antsy) is an underrated skill.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Yeah, who here thought the team would trade some of our depth for a superstar, and get DEEPER?
          Masai's track record has always been his ability to build deeeeeep teams. So I personally expect Masai to be able to replenish talented depth fairly easily.... for him that is. The knock on MU was that: (a) he's never been able to bring in a legit 10 player (by trade, draft or FA) and, (b) he's never hired his own coach. Check & check.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Masai's track record has always been his ability to build deeeeeep teams. So I personally expect Masai to be able to replenish talented depth fairly easily.... for him that is. The knock on MU was that: (a) he's never been able to bring in a legit 10 player (by trade, draft or FA) and, (b) he's never hired his own coach. Check & check.
            Actually for a) before analytics became a thing you would be hard pressed not to find almost anybody in the NBA who didnt think A.I was a top 10 player.

Edit: never mind it wasnt Masai but he did trade Carmelo Anthony and that took balls as well.
            Last edited by Hotshot; Mon Aug 6, 2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• This is the best:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The monroe signing certainly put an even bigger minutes crunch on the small guys. You gotta think ideally, 28 minutes for JV, 26~ for ibaka/siakam, 12-14 for monroe, and a few spot minutes of OG or Kawhi at the 4. That means while Powell was already the odd man out, theres likely another odd man out or very sparingly used 11th man. Is it miles? Is it Wright? Is it whoever is struggling the most that week? Theres injury depth, Internal competition, matchup options, and future trade chips.

Its actually probably the most depth we've ever had. In the same year we finally put a top 5 player as the star at the top of the Christmas tree.

What else is there left to say about masai..
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Maybe Kawhi will lose some minutes. Technically speaking the team can probably walk through the bottom 10 NBA teams without having Kawhi in the lineup at all.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    The monroe signing certainly put an even bigger minutes crunch on the small guys. You gotta think ideally, 28 minutes for JV, 26~ for ibaka/siakam, 12-14 for monroe, and a few spot minutes of OG or Kawhi at the 4. That means while Powell was already the odd man out, theres likely another odd man out or very sparingly used 11th man. Is it miles? Is it Wright? Is it whoever is struggling the most that week? Theres injury depth, Internal competition, matchup options, and future trade chips.

Its actually probably the most depth we've ever had. In the same year we finally put a top 5 player as the star at the top of the Christmas tree.

What else is there left to say about masai..
                    I agree this is the most deepest roster we have IMO with a potential MVP candidate two way player.

Hopefully Masai’s vision of forming a team that can legitimately contend can come in fruition. He deserved a championship caliber team.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Actually for a) before analytics became a thing you would be hard pressed not to find almost anybody in the NBA who didnt think A.I was a top 10 player.

Edit: never mind it wasnt Masai but he did trade Carmelo Anthony and that took balls as well.
                      Yeah the debate at one time was Kobe or AI?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        This is the best:

That is awesome.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          That is awesome.
                          I am so happy that Bismack was able to cash in on the action for big men when he did. He helps many with his wealth.

Comment

• Miscellaneous but Lebron was in town for the long weekend (Toronto). Hope he’s not trying to recruit Kawhi . Maybe he’s trying to sell him on this place.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Miscellaneous but Lebron was in town for the long weekend (Toronto). Hope he’s not trying to recruit Kawhi . Maybe he’s trying to sell him on this place.
                              He was in town for a Caribana event. No indication that Kawhi was in Toronto at all this weekend

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                                I agree this is the most deepest roster we have IMO with a potential MVP candidate two way player.

Hopefully Masai’s vision of forming a team that can legitimately contend can come in fruition. He deserved a championship caliber team.
                                It's gonna be interesting to find out what the new Claw Reborn montra is gonna be now that Demar is gone. Is it all sunshine and roses or is someone else going to be trash by midseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X