This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    He was in town for a Caribana event. No indication that Kawhi was in Toronto at all this weekend
    Yeah...it was a pink font thing. Should have used it.

Comment

• Yeah...just saw this. Thought it would make more news on a basketball forum. Maybe I have to check out the Everything NBA thread.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JEFFJAMTH...830528/photo/1

Edit: seems he does this every year. I’m just clueless
      Last edited by Jclaw; Tue Aug 7, 2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Maybe Kawhi will lose some minutes. Technically speaking the team can probably walk through the bottom 10 NBA teams without having Kawhi in the lineup at all.
        Try to keep a fully rested Ibaka. Encourage him to go hard when he is on the floor (if he needs encouragement) and reward him by letting him play longer in any matchup he gets up for. An engaged and rested Serge seems to be a real asset. The Raptors depth should allow them to play this game with him.

Comment

• Raptors out: Kyle Lowry, Delon Wright, OG Anunoby
          Raptors in: Andrew Wiggins, Taj Gibson

Raps Lineups
          FVV, LBrown, JLloyd
          Wiggins, DGreen, NPowell
          KLeonard, CJ Miles, MRichardson
          Siakam, Ibaka, TGibson
          JV, GMonroe, CBoucher

Wolves
          KLowry, JTeague, TJones
          JButler, DWright, JOkogie
          OG Anunoby, CWilliams, ABates-Diop
          GDieng, ATolliver
          KTowns, JPatton

Why Raptors: They get a Canadian future allstar in Andrew Wiggins who would bring more publicity and entertain the crowd for us, Wiggins will flourish under Nurse's system and he will pair up well with Kawhi. We also acquire Taj Gibson who would be a terrific backup PF in case Ibaka or Siakam gets injured, his veteran presence would look good for us.

Why Wolves: They get a veteran allstar point guard in Lowry to play with their allstar in Karl Towns, a nice decent floor general who would keep Jimmy Butler around so he won't ask to be traded. It's really Wiggins they need to get rid of. They also acquire Delon Wright who would fit well as a backup SG/PG for the team and OG Anunoby would instantly move to the starting SF and provide the team with stellar defense. The Wolves look scary all of a sudden, they just need a legit PF since they traded Taj Gibson.

- Both team work under the salary cap rule under NBA Trade Machine.

Comment

• God no.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
              Raptors out: Kyle Lowry, Delon Wright, OG Anunoby

Raps Lineups
              FVV, LBrown, JLloyd
              Wiggins, DGreen, NPowell
              Siakam, Ibaka, TGibson
              JV, GMonroe, CBoucher

Wolves
              KLowry, JTeague, TJones
              GDieng, ATolliver
              KTowns, JPatton

Why Raptors: They get a Canadian future allstar in Andrew Wiggins who would bring more publicity and entertain the crowd for us, Wiggins will flourish under Nurse's system and he will pair up well with Kawhi. We also acquire Taj Gibson who would be a terrific backup PF in case Ibaka or Siakam gets injured, his veteran presence would look good for us.

Why Wolves: They get a veteran allstar point guard in Lowry to play with their allstar in Karl Towns, a nice decent floor general who would keep Jimmy Butler around so he won't ask to be traded. It's really Wiggins they need to get rid of. They also acquire Delon Wright who would fit well as a backup SG/PG for the team and OG Anunoby would instantly move to the starting SF and provide the team with stellar defense. The Wolves look scary all of a sudden, they just need a legit PF since they traded Taj Gibson.

Why do you hate the Raptors?
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• We trade away our all star point guard and our highest ceiling prospect for a guy who is showing to be over-hyped and the corpse of taj gibson? ouch

Comment

Raps Lineups
                  FVV, LBrown, JLloyd
                  Wiggins, DGreen, NPowell
                  Siakam, Ibaka, TGibson
                  JV, GMonroe, CBoucher

Wolves
                  KLowry, JTeague, TJones
                  GDieng, ATolliver
                  KTowns, JPatton

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    The monroe signing certainly put an even bigger minutes crunch on the small guys. You gotta think ideally, 28 minutes for JV, 26~ for ibaka/siakam, 12-14 for monroe, and a few spot minutes of OG or Kawhi at the 4. That means while Powell was already the odd man out, theres likely another odd man out or very sparingly used 11th man. Is it miles? Is it Wright? Is it whoever is struggling the most that week? Theres injury depth, Internal competition, matchup options, and future trade chips.

Its actually probably the most depth we've ever had. In the same year we finally put a top 5 player as the star at the top of the Christmas tree.

What else is there left to say about masai..
                    I think some guys are going to get DNP coaches decision throughout the year and mixed in with that is going to be games where they get good minutes. This is the reality of average players playing for a legit contender.

Monroe is used to sitting some nights. He's been doing it for the past couple seasons. Other guys are going to need to get used to it as well.

Comment

Raps Lineups
                      FVV, LBrown, JLloyd
                      Wiggins, DGreen, NPowell
                      Siakam, Ibaka, TGibson
                      JV, GMonroe, CBoucher

Wolves
                      KLowry, JTeague, TJones
                      GDieng, ATolliver
                      KTowns, JPatton

Underrated part of this trade is that Lorenzo Brown gets elevated to backup PG with Loyd as insurance. Peak 10FTW.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I think some guys are going to get DNP coaches decision throughout the year and mixed in with that is going to be games where they get good minutes. This is the reality of average players playing for a legit contender.

Monroe is used to sitting some nights. He's been doing it for the past couple seasons. Other guys are going to need to get used to it as well.
                        I've been trying to jam together a working rotation with Monroe in the mix, and let me tell you, fatigue is not going to be an issue for this team. I think I actually have one working now, but if we go that way, we are going to run teams out of the gym. No one will ever be tired.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          I've been trying to jam together a working rotation with Monroe in the mix, and let me tell you, fatigue is not going to be an issue for this team. I think I actually have one working now, but if we go that way, we are going to run teams out of the gym. No one will ever be tired.
                          The more the Raptors can force other teams to use their bench players heavy minutes, the better. There will be new definition of the "Death Lineup." It will be the one the Raptors use everytime they are meeting a team on a back-to-back or when they are playing a visiting team on an extended road trip. When they pull out their "run them out of the gym" strategy.

You can bet Nurse is realizing this is an option that he can use. Actually, the raptors should play like that for selected teams that are playing the first of a back-to-back in Toronto. If they are exhausted and lose the next night, it will affect their standing at the end of the year. Raptors can reasonably help themselves that way. That isn't going to show up in the "projected win calculations" that's for sure. But is could be a real thing.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Yeah, Monroe played fewer minutes than Powell last year. I don't think he's necessarily expecting Poeltl's role. I'd guess we'll still see some Ibaka/Siakam at the 5 lineups.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, Monroe played fewer minutes than Powell last year. I don't think he's necessarily expecting Poeltl's role. I'd guess we'll still see some Ibaka/Siakam at the 5 lineups.
                              He's definitely more of a Bebe replacement than a Poeltl replacement. He better not be expecting a sizable role, cause I don't want him taking minutes away from someone like Miles, Delon or Siakam
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Man the 76ers are so cursed.

Comment

Working...
                                X