X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    Bruno signed a 10 day with the rockets !! Manz on the come up
    A 10 day? How many games he gonna get in by August 27th?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Someone needed to compensate for Carmelo's defensive issues.

Bruno is that man.

Comment

Yeah, are you sure it's a 10-day? Maybe it's a training camp/non-guaranteed?

EDIT - Ah, it's an Exhibit 10 deal - they can convert it into a 2-way. (whatever that really means, I don't know what happens if they don't convert it.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Yeah, are you sure it's a 10-day? Maybe it's a training camp/non-guaranteed?

EDIT - Ah, it's an Exhibit 10 deal - they can convert it into a 2-way. (whatever that really means, I don't know what happens if they don't convert it.
          An exhibit 10 leaves the team three options. Keep the player on the roster (minimum salary). Cut him after training camp (he gets 50k) and convert him to a two-way contract. Or just cut him after training camp.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Yeah it is sad. 4 or 5 years from now he could very easily be the best player left on either team.
            Is this even a complement?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              I like how he accurately described Derozan strengths without sugarcoating or embellishing as well as being careful not to throw unwarranted shots on the Raptors by acknowledging that although Toronto does not have a winning tradition like the Spurs, they are on their way.

Class act.

Jak is one of those guys, a minority of pro athletes, who always actually thinks and gives an attempt at an honest/reflective answer to interview questions. So did Demar come to think of it...

Spurs and today's Raps organization have in common an eye for character players.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                damn these reporters really want players to dick ride Spurs hard huh?
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  damn these reporters really want players to dick ride Spurs hard huh?
                  Just wait until Kawhi interview in toronto but the only difference is he won't play ball with the reporters.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I've been trying to jam together a working rotation with Monroe in the mix, and let me tell you, fatigue is not going to be an issue for this team. I think I actually have one working now, but if we go that way, we are going to run teams out of the gym. No one will ever be tired.
                    One of the arguments why Demar (and many other better offensive players) tend to "dog it" on D was that they are saving themselves for offense.
                    Guess what: With this depth, as you said absolutely no need for anybody to pace themselves. Less minues? OK, but when you are there go all out or sit down.
                    SA had a team few years ago when everybody was under 30 mins.
                    Another major plus of everybody (your top 10,11 guys) playing 15-25 mins, that bench should be very cohesive (or even more so than last year) come playoff time.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                      One of the arguments why Demar (and many other better offensive players) tend to "dog it" on D was that they are saving themselves for offense.
                      Guess what: With this depth, as you said absolutely no need for anybody to pace themselves. Less minues? OK, but when you are there go all out or sit down.
                      SA had a team few years ago when everybody was under 30 mins.
                      Another major plus of everybody (your top 10,11 guys) playing 15-25 mins, that bench should be very cohesive (or even more so than last year) come playoff time.
                      Exactly why I said earlier in the offseason that the people suggesting JV should be playing 32+ mpg were off. The team is 11, maybe even 12 deep. The only guy that should be over 30 is Kawhi and only slightly so. Like you said we should take advantage of guys being better rested during the game and play really uptempo on offense, while trying to create as many turnovers as possible on the defensive end.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        Exactly why I said earlier in the offseason that the people suggesting JV should be playing 32+ mpg were off. The team is 11, maybe even 12 deep. The only guy that should be over 30 is Kawhi and only slightly so. Like you said we should take advantage of guys being better rested during the game and play really uptempo on offense, while trying to create as many turnovers as possible on the defensive end.
                        Yah I’d rather just unleash JV to be honest. That’s me though.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          This is exactly what I envision, too.

I think adding two, great perimeter shooters in Kawhi and Green will change the dynamic significantly. The ideal situation is to have the big zip low, wings run wide and read how the defence is playing them in every transition opportunity. Basic basketball, but it was a lot harder last season when JV was looked off and DeRozan not being a catch-&-shoot guy at the 3.

Defensively, personally, I think they lineup that would wreak the most havoc as a starting unit is Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG-JV. JV can anchor the paint knowing these guys are rarely going to get beat, while pressuring hard to force mistakes, and can switch from 1 to 4.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                            This is exactly what I envision, too.

I think adding two, great perimeter shooters in Kawhi and Green will change the dynamic significantly. The ideal situation is to have the big zip low, wings run wide and read how the defence is playing them in every transition opportunity. Basic basketball, but it was a lot harder last season when JV was looked off and DeRozan not being a catch-&-shoot guy at the 3.

Defensively, personally, I think they lineup that would wreak the most havoc as a starting unit is Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG-JV. JV can anchor the paint knowing these guys are rarely going to get beat, while pressuring hard to force mistakes, and can switch from 1 to 4.
                            I mean Spurs had Gasol and Albridge and they made it work defensively. So I'm optimistic about JV
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• My original account(TRex) got locked or disabled after changing my password. Not sure if this has happened to anyone else? also, can a mod help me with this issue?

As for the Raptors, does anyone know when Kawhi is going to do his introductory press conference? it's almost September.

Comment

• MrWright wrote: View Post
                                My original account(TRex) got locked or disabled after changing my password. Not sure if this has happened to anyone else? also, can a mod help me with this issue?

As for the Raptors, does anyone know when Kawhi is going to do his introductory press conference? it's almost September.
                                Just saw your PM. The answer is not to create a new account. Message Doc from the TRex account and he will get you sorted out.

Comment

Working...
                                X