Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No need to start bashing Demar, he didn't say anything bad.
    When a relationship ends, no matter how down hill things went, no matter how often you fought, when it actually ends, it still hurts, and more when you didn't see it coming.
    That's all he's saying he was hurt because he didn't see it coming, and he kept asking because of all the rumors, and they kept telling him they'll let him know.

Whatever his limitations, he is without a doubt the greatest raptor ever, and has acomplished more in his time here then any other raptor including carter & Bosh.

The trade is done, stop bashing him, because that #10 is going up in the rafters no matter what !!!

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      Fair enough. He never did the little things like taking charges, diving for loose balls, battling for rebounds. Lowry does all 3, JV battles for rebounds, Siakam’s middle name is hustle, FVV is a tough kid and doesn’t give up.
      Fvv literally used his face to draw an offensive foul maybe 8 times this year lol believe me I watch every game. And not every guy is built that way. But dont act like you left every drop of blood sweat and tear out there. Lowry does that.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
        No need to start bashing Demar, he didn't say anything bad.
        When a relationship ends, no matter how down hill things went, no matter how often you fought, when it actually ends, it still hurts, and more when you didn't see it coming.
        That's all he's saying he was hurt because he didn't see it coming, and he kept asking because of all the rumors, and they kept telling him they'll let him know.

Whatever his limitations, he is without a doubt the greatest raptor ever, and has acomplished more in his time here then any other raptor including carter & Bosh.

The trade is done, stop bashing him, because that #10 is going up in the rafters no matter what !!!
        I haven't said one thing incorrect. No bashing.

Comment

• Everything 2018 Off Season

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Fvv literally used his face to draw an offensive foul maybe 8 times this year lol believe me I watch every game. And not every guy is built that way. But dont act like you left every drop of blood sweat and tear out there. Lowry does that.
          Agreed. Had to think more, but yeah Derozan could have done more. Everyone has their offensive struggles, missing shots is sometimes something you can’t control, it happens. What you can control is defense, and doing the little things to win, Derozan did neither unfortunately.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
            No need to start bashing Demar, he didn't say anything bad.

See the problem with what you said is that NO ONE here is bashing here. NO ONE here is disputing that he isn't the greatest Raptor ever. NO ONE here is disputing the fact that his jersey belongs in the rafters (championship or not). What everyone is saying tho is the truth though. DeMar live and breathed Toronto. He was the embodiment of the team and city. However, you personally cannot argue that DeMar didn't play as hard as he could have sometimes. That's just an observation and a fact. No hate or bashing.

Comment

Agreed. Had to think more, but yeah Derozan could have done more. Everyone has their offensive struggles, missing shots is sometimes something you can’t control, it happens. What you can control is defense, and doing the little things to win, Derozan did neither unfortunately.
              Dont get me wrong I love dude. But hes putting himself ahead of reality. I would probably do the same. Hell dwane Casey did the same. But what is that saying, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting new results"

This isnt the Derozan Raptors. Or the Toronto Casey's. It's millions of fans coast to coast, thousands of them hardcore as fuck, represented by a bunch of rich fat cats on a board who entrusted the brilliant masai ujiri to put everything into a hanging a championship banner north of the border. And I'll be damned if I worry about one extremely rich athletes feelings over MY dream of seeing that, living that, celebrating that.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Dont get me wrong I love dude. But hes putting himself ahead of reality. I would probably do the same. Hell dwane Casey did the same. But what is that saying, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting new results"

This isnt the Derozan Raptors. Or the Toronto Casey's. It's millions of fans coast to coast, thousands of them hardcore as fuck, represented by a bunch of rich fat cats on a board who entrusted the brilliant masai ujiri to put everything into a hanging a championship banner north of the border. And I'll be damned if I worry about one extremely rich athletes feelings over MY dream of seeing that, living that, celebrating that.
                I couldn't agree with this more!

Comment

• Out of the whole interview this was the most damaging piece.

CH: In 2016 when you were a free agent, most people thought you were going to be Laker bound. Going back to your hometown. We're here in Los Angeles right now. That didn't happen. You didn't even take a meeting with the team. Toronto has a hard time attracting marquee free agents and they also have a hard time retaining some of their main stars. Why was it so important for you to re-sign and not even look elsewhere?
                  Its like fuck you ESPN. In the last 3 seasons Toronto made enough strides to be considered in the top 10 of NBA destinations and the last few years was more attractive then NYC and Lakers cause of their losing. But instead of focus in the now you focus on what happened 10-15 years ago where things were in fact bad. I fucking hate ESPN.

Comment

Fair enough. He never did the little things like taking charges, diving for loose balls, battling for rebounds. Lowry does all 3, JV battles for rebounds, Siakam’s middle name is hustle, FVV is a tough kid and doesn’t give up.
                    JV also dives for loose balls a lot. He also takes a decent amount of charges/offensive fouls, but mostly just in the post, not drawing charges on drives to the hoop. Anyway, we have a lot of high effort guys on the team now. Expect big things on D, and hopefully winning a lot of 50/50 and hustle plays.

DeMar only took hits on offence. Hell, he was usually too far away from the play on D to take a hit or dive after a loose ball.

I'm hoping for consistent team D this year. Last year we ranked 5th, but we were not stable and got worse as the season went on. Even if we have the exact same rank or DRTG, I'll be happy if it stays relatively stable through the season.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Out of the whole interview this was the most damaging piece.

Its like fuck you ESPN. In the last 3 seasons Toronto made enough strides to be considered in the top 10 of NBA destinations and the last few years was more attractive then NYC and Lakers cause of their losing. But instead of focus in the now you focus on what happened 10-15 years ago where things were in fact bad. I fucking hate ESPN.
                      This is exactly what I’m talking about. The US media doesn’t give a fuck about actual reporting. All they care about is bashing Toronto and the Raptors because they’re in Canada. All they ever talk about the stupid and outdated stereotypes about Toronto and the Raptors

1. They can’t keep stars in Toronto even though that was what happened long ago when this franchise couldn’t win.

2. Toronto is cold even tho it’s almost the same temperature as Minny, New York, Boston, Chicago, & Philly. Not to mention our summers are hot af like right now.

3. No one likes Toronto. Ask Patrick Patterson. Ask Kyle Lowry. Ask Greavas Vasquez. Hell even ask Vince, Bosh, TMac and DeMar. They will all tell you how much they love this city!

Point being. Fuck ESPN and fuck the majority of those stupid entertainment sports talk shows! I’m looking at you First Take and Colin Cowherd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ESPN is essentially saying Toronto is shit and we should be honored American wants to live here and play here. "How dare they trade him?" Fuck off.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

It's hardly damaging; it's the truth. PJ Tucker took less money to go to the Rockets. We couldn't get a meeting with KD, while the Clippers did. We had to outbid the Pistons for DeMarre Carroll (per Marc Spears).

We have retained many of our guys only by paying very expensive deals.

The great test of whether or not our perception has actually changed comes next summer. If Kawhi stays, it proves that ESPN is wrong. If Kawhi leaves, the results are not really arguable.

Comment

He did give everything, but he has major limitations which hurt the team. His “everything” wasn’t enough in terms of what Masai wants to accomplish.
                            He never should have been our first option. Making him one wasn't his fault. Just like you can't blame Masai for trading him when he finally realized DeMar wasn't built to be a first option.

There's no one to blame, and turning it into Team Masai vs Team DeMar is pointless. I watched the interview and in addition to being heartfelt and sincere I think DeMar explained himself very well. If people want to pick at his words and his effort on the court to invalidate his feelings, fine, but it's kind of petty. The guy was here nine years and thought he'd be a Raptor for life. He was on track to be the first player to earn that honor with us. He's earned a cooling off period to vent and get things off his chest.

Hopefully by training camp both parties will have moved on. Frankly the second best thing about this trade is that we don't have to have any more goddamn DeRozan debates.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              He never should have been our first option. Making him one wasn't his fault. Just like you can't blame Masai for trading him when he finally realized DeMar wasn't built to be a first option.

There's no one to blame, and turning it into Team Masai vs Team DeMar is pointless. I watched the interview and in addition to being heartfelt and sincere I think DeMar explained himself very well. If people want to pick at his words and his effort on the court to invalidate his feelings, fine, but it's kind of petty. The guy was here nine years and thought he'd be a Raptor for life. He was on track to be the first player to earn that honor with us. He's earned a cooling off period to vent and get things off his chest.

Hopefully by training camp both parties will have moved on. Frankly the second best thing about this trade is that we don't have to have any more goddamn DeRozan debates.
                              Yep exactly how I see it. DeMar was a guy in the same mold as Kobe, Duncan, Nowitzki, but he just wasn't quite as good as them. That meant that eventually he was probably going to get traded or not re-signed since he'd never be able to build up the championship equity that they did. Tbh even Dirk might not have retired a Mav if he didn't win in 2011.

Comment

Chris Haynes is sounding more like Chris carter or Stephen a. Same guy who posted Kawhi doesn’t want to go to Toronto after the trade was announced. He’s just being a shit disturber.

Comment

Working...
                                X