This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Demar derozan is worried about demar derozan. He cares not that we have a crazy good roster now. He just wanted to be demar Derozan running the Toronto Raptors.
    Hey let's just ascribe ulterior motives rather than believe the plain words of a guy who's always been upfront and honest with us.

For 23 years Raptors fans complain that everyone leaves and the one guy who stuck around for longer than anyone else gets turned into a catty villain the second he's off the team.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      https://streamable.com/yhfro

So what he is supposed to say to being asked three times about it?
      First question - have you had communication- answer “no” that is fine. Professional and factual.

The second question - “is that relationship done” - he comes across as the mad ex. He could have responded a million of different way. Players get asked questions all the time that they don’t answer while still responding. Something to the effect of “we had many good years together but now my focus is on San Antonio and building new relationships. I’ve moved to a team with Popovich and I look forward to learning as much as I can from him since he’s such a brilliant coach.”
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        "I want to thank Mr. Ujiri for giving me an opportunity to play basketball in the great city of Toronto. I will miss the fans and the city and they will be a part of me for a very long time. I am looking forward to playing in the city of San Antonio with one of the greatest coaches the sport has ever had".
        Why would he thank Masai when Bryan Colangelo drafted him and gave him his first extension here, spanning 7 of his 9 seasons here?

Comment

Hey let's just ascribe ulterior motives rather than believe the plain words of a guy who's always been upfront and honest with us.

For 23 years Raptors fans complain that everyone leaves and the one guy who stuck around for longer than anyone else gets turned into a catty villain the second he's off the team.
          We didn’t turn him, he is acting the part.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So then you think hes at least glad we got Kawhi Leonard and look to be in good shape this year? He'll root for us?

No? Ok, so demar derozan wants what's best for the team that he is on. That's fine. I dont have a 15 year career. I'm a raptor fan lifer and will never switch allegiances (what up t rex) and I love the loyal guys but will trade anyone of them in a heartbeat for the right deal.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              "I want to thank Mr. Ujiri for giving me an opportunity to play basketball in the great city of Toronto. I will miss the fans and the city and they will be a part of me for a very long time. I am looking forward to playing in the city of San Antonio with one of the greatest coaches the sport has ever had".
              Honest question: has any player, in any sport, ever thanked, by name, the GM who traded him *immediately* after being traded?
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Why would he thank Masai when Bryan Colangelo drafted him and gave him his first extension here, spanning 7 of his 9 seasons here?
                Because he signed him to a new mega deal. It's a courtesy. Professional thing to do. I thought he was classier than he has shown.. and its disappointing.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  Honest question: has any player, in any sport, ever thanked the GM who traded him by name *immediately* after being traded?
                  Hockey. Hockey guys just go with the flow usually.

Comment

Honest question: has any player, in any sport, ever thanked the GM who traded him by name *immediately* after being traded?
                    Not sure.. but I hope they would. It's a classy thing to do. Keep connections open. Who knows when they meet again in life?

Comment

Honest question: has any player, in any sport, ever thanked, by name, the GM who traded him *immediately* after being traded?
                      It's as bizarre to me as people expecting Casey to thank Masai in his coach of the year award speech after he was fired.

Masai did the right thing with both of these moves, but to expect the guys shipped out (and inherently blamed for the failure of the team) to express gratitude for it is just delusional to me. If you leave somewhere willingly you would express gratitude. Not if you're fired or sent away.

Comment

• Just pointing out that there is a wide gap full of options between thanking Masai and what he has said. Even if you think thanking is too far, a plethora of alternative options that would have been better than essentially rolling with “he’s dead to me”.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I wonder if he knows about the claw reborn and mchappy

Comment

Comment

The only criticism he had gotten from the Claw was not at all basketball related but was about that potholed face. He is a multi-millionaire so I am sure there are well renowned Dermatologist he can get consultation from....ewww.

McHappy was all about his poor defense, piss poor three point shot accuracy, low BBIQ and court awareness.

Comment

Working...
                                X