Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There've been pages and pages of talk about the way Demar's handled all this. Obviously, he hasn't taken it very well. Something I feel people perhaps aren't acknowledging enough in this conversation, both in the media and on this forum, is that Demar's openly admitted his struggles with depression. Depression is a form of mental illness. It's not that surprising to me that he's handled this differently than most any player I've ever witnessed. He fucking loved this city. He fucking loved these fans. He's hurting. He's not handling it well. For a person who suffers from depression, this appears to be up there in the more depressing moments of his life. Certainly gotta be amongst the most complicated of his life. He spent his entire adult life here, his entire professional life. And for a clearly sensitive kid like Demar coming up in the hard-ass life of Compton to come to Toronto and feel the beautiful fucking love in the air... To lose that if that's what you've come to breathe... shit. Tough.

Demar isn't Lebron, and he's not KD.. he's not Kawhi, and here we are because of it. But beyond some incredible flash from Vince and Tracy back when they were kids, nothing in Raptor history comes close to the highs Demar has helped to deliver to this franchise. Yes we want more, and we should. But that doesn't change how we got here.

I just toss out there that in this conversation about what Demar should and shouldn't be saying/doing, we could probably all afford to take the highroad and recognize that someone who we've been through so much with, the highs and the lows, is feeling deep in the low right now. And not just like you or I might, but clinically.

I really don't doubt that some Raptors come on here, and some staff in the organization. I've never found a better location to discuss this team we all love so much. You guys and gals ((what up Zainab... (there must be more of you, ladies!!)), y'all collectively know more about Raps than 95% of the population. I put it out there that we try to keep it classy, for those who are to come and witness our words here, as well as ourselves. Demar's gonna have to work through his pain. In a different way than you or I. I don't believe he's being catty. Fact is, he's not entirely well.

Veer away from the dark DD -- choose the light. And remember the good times. Be well, brother.

Comment

• Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        There've been pages and pages of talk about the way Demar's handled all this. Obviously, he hasn't taken it very well. Something I feel people perhaps aren't acknowledging enough in this conversation, both in the media and on this forum, is that Demar's openly admitted his struggles with depression. Depression is a form of mental illness. It's not that surprising to me that he's handled this differently than most any player I've ever witnessed. He fucking loved this city. He fucking loved these fans. He's hurting. He's not handling it well. For a person who suffers from depression, this appears to be up there in the more depressing moments of his life. Certainly gotta be amongst the most complicated of his life. He spent his entire adult life here, his entire professional life. And for a clearly sensitive kid like Demar coming up in the hard-ass life of Compton to come to Toronto and feel the beautiful fucking love in the air... To lose that if that's what you've come to breathe... shit. Tough.

Demar isn't Lebron, and he's not KD.. he's not Kawhi, and here we are because of it. But beyond some incredible flash from Vince and Tracy back when they were kids, nothing in Raptor history comes close to the highs Demar has helped to deliver to this franchise. Yes we want more, and we should. But that doesn't change how we got here.

I just toss out there that in this conversation about what Demar should and shouldn't be saying/doing, we could probably all afford to take the highroad and recognize that someone who we've been through so much with, the highs and the lows, is feeling deep in the low right now. And not just like you or I might, but clinically.

I really don't doubt that some Raptors come on here, and some staff in the organization. I've never found a better location to discuss this team we all love so much. You guys and gals ((what up Zainab... (there must be more of you, ladies!!)), y'all collectively know more about Raps than 95% of the population. I put it out there that we try to keep it classy, for those who are to come and witness our words here, as well as ourselves. Demar's gonna have to work through his pain. In a different way than you or I. I don't believe he's being catty. Fact is, he's not entirely well.

Veer away from the dark DD -- choose the light. And remember the good times. Be well, brother.
        DeMar is the hero we deserve but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent protector, a protector of Raptor Nation. A Raptor through and through.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Derozan needs to stop. You’re on a new team, stop talking about your old one.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-relationship/

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            Derozan needs to stop. You’re on a new team, stop talking about your old one.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-relationship/
            I mean people are asking him questions, I would say the same.
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Retire his jersey already.
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• At least Demar keeps the offseason interesting. Albeit a bit annoying.

Comment

• Demar still peeved at Masai but thinks well of Toronto and fans

Comment

• Prediction: Kawhi will shutdown DD in DD's "redemption game".

Comment

• “It means everything,” DeRozan said. “I could have ended up in the middle of nowhere with Joe Blow. I ended up in a great place that wanted me that strives for greatness. You can’t ask for nothing better than that.”
                      Funny that he said. He indirectly admitted that Ujiri traded him to a top notch organization and a coach. Unfortunately he was traded to two players who are way more well rounded than him.

He could have been traded for multiple 2nd round picks and an expiring contracf facing the swamps of Brooklyn. Derozan should see the silver lining of this trade and just move past this purely business transaction.
                      Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Fri Jul 27, 2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• As a general rule I’d rather a player answer interview questions honestly rather than give the same old non answer answers we hear time and time again. It’s clear that this team and city were more than just a job/workplace for him and it makes sense he’d feel a type of way considering what happened and the circumstances around it. Being truthful about his feelings about that is completely fine in my books.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                          As a general rule I’d rather a player answer interview questions honestly rather than give the same old non answer answers we hear time and time again. It’s clear that this team and city were more than just a job/workplace for him and it makes sense he’d feel a type of way considering what happened and the circumstances around it. Being truthful about his feelings about that is completely fine in my books.
                          If everyone went around each day telling everyone else what they thought of them there would be total chaos. Showing restraint, being tactful is all part of professionalism. DD is losing some respect for how poorly he's taking this in public, I guarantee you.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            If everyone went around each day telling everyone else what they thought of them there would be total chaos. Showing restraint, being tactful is all part of professionalism. DD is losing some respect for how poorly he's taking this in public, I guarantee you.
                            And I’m sure some level of restraint was used. It’s not like he went on the record and completely trashed ujiri. He just said that he expected to be informed if he was being shopped in a potential deal, and was disappointed that he didn’t receive that information, which in my opinion is a completely valid standpoint. I really don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

Comment

And I’m sure some level of restraint was used. It’s not like he went on the record and completely trashed ujiri. He just said that he expected to be informed if he was being shopped in a potential deal, and was disappointed that he didn’t receive that information, which in my opinion is a completely valid standpoint. I really don’t think it’s that big of a deal.
                              It's not, it's just that a lot of people hated DeRozan while he was here and are using it as an opportunity to trash him now that he's gone.

Comment

It's not, it's just that a lot of people hated DeRozan while he was here and are using it as an opportunity to trash him now that he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X